• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High-poly Arthas model im working on....opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
renderhighpolyarthas3bj.jpg

of course its not done you nitwits!

the belt fur is made from static particles, and the lichking helm is under development. I like to get particle systems in before i start skinning because i have to find people to skin it and particles are easy for me.

everything you see in this picture comes together for 49935 polys.

wireframe render coming soon.

opinions?

EDIT: wireframe render:
wireframe6vq.jpg

i apologize, some of the meshes are too dense to be rendered in wireframe. ill move the camera around for some close-ups later.

EDIT2: heres the head close-up.
closeupheadwire5ek.jpg

Level 9
cool...

49935 for this beauty eh?

unfortunately i'm not what someone could call good modeler so i prefer do not opinate in this matter

but the hair, doesnt looks good. i dunno how u would put this into warcraft, as i said,the polycount might be on Mars by now

sure u did this for warcraft? if u wanted a model for wc, i'm sure u wouldnt do it so detailed, otherwise the polycount wouldnt be so...healthy, uh...

Level 11
ok...too many polies...much to many...
fur looks pretty strange...try a row of three planes...then skinned into fur....
many other places that could and should be lowered in polys...I can imagine that your computer gets realy tired after working on 3dsmax with this guy...dont fry your ram...
Rajui:
just for curiosity for what ure going to use this?
uh...
you know...thrill of modeling...for a cinematic thing...or something else....

you'll obviously do not understand the aspect of high-poly modeling. no offense, but i feel like i'm in a forum full of idiots.
I don't use 3dsmax. i can get ALOT better tools free.

halo thats modeling cheaply. it's not even modeling. it's just crappy, halfway, looks only skinning; that only works from like four angles.

I enjoy modeling. i've been doing it for years. no actually this isn't my best work, far from it, but i thought i'd share it with you since it's warcraft-related.

im not even gonna update this here. you all dissapoint me.

Level 9
you dont really expect everyone to be, and think like you aint DeadDog?

you posted this to discuss something,its not very polite to just turn your back when someone do not understand your point of view. that is childish

yes i posted this to discuss something. though i do find it very pointless to discuss something no one understands. ill take that 'forum full of idiots' comment back since there some people i respect in this forum. I'd just rather discuss this with people who know alot about high-poly modeling and could give me helpful advice. there are only two people i could name that could do that (i will not give them for sentimental reasons). so ill just talk to people i know over AIM, MSN, etc.

no real offense meant; i just want to discuss this with people who know what i mean more, and i must've been wrong when i thought it was here.

DDNGW

Level 5
I think the smooting groups on the chest area are messed up a little makes the cape and armor to "merge", if I'm right of course. The armor pads over his shoulders has the same smoothing problem, but the smooth groups are the last of the worries of a good modeler. The forehead is a little strange to me, maybe if you could give left or right side renders, I could judge those.

Good work is a weak word to say what you have shown us in those renders. Maybe when more is done or if you need info on the flaws, more people would discuss. Only if I could have such experience as you DDGNW, I could find more flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.