• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elves

High Elves
The High Elves
Created by Footman 16
219951-albums6159-picture67364.jpg

Map Info:

The map I chose to make the High Elves on was gnollwood because it can field 6 players but isn't too big. There have been little changes. I made the four merchants into a random shop. As the map was made by the great minds at Blizzard Entertainment then the quality of the terrain is assured.

Features:

This is an expansion of the campaign Elves.
This is also a COMPLETE race with the number of units and buildings of the other standard races. The High Elves have been given the honour and respect they deserve in the form of:

• 11 complete and balanced units
  • 4 unique and different heroes
  • all the buildings you would expect

The New Units
219951-albums6159-picture99825.png
The Old Units
219951-albums6159-picture72219.png

The swordsman are different from the originals (who were basically footman) and all the units have a tech-tree requirement.

A bit of Background:

This is a map that I created after having a long think about what race hasn't really been explored so I then came up with the High Elves.
The Hive Elves have better armour than most races but their hp is lower; exception being swordsman and Guardians. They do a fair amount of damage and are slightly spell resistant, to give them a small perk and fit in with the idea of the High Elves jealously guarding their magical secrets. The four heroes are Quel'Salam (new), Swordmaster (new), High Elf Ranger (new) and Archmage (not new).

219951-albums6159-picture99826.png

I drew a lot of inspiration for the units from WoW, the fabulous units on this site and a challenge for myself that would put my ability to balance a race fairly to the test.

Credits:

Special Thanks to:
  • Deolrin
  • Hawking
  • Elenai
  • Norinrad
  • 67_Chrome
  • SinisterX
  • Sin'dorei300
  • General Frank
  • Himperion
  • Hayate
  • Windrunner29

Keywords:
elves, high elves, blood elves, gnollwood, melee, race, warcraft
Contents

High Elves (Map)

Reviews
08:36, 26th Feb 2013 Orcnet: map updated, approved
I know how to create triggered abilities, considering they appear in my other maps and campaigns. However as I said before, the unit will have 2 separate buffs and those buffs will not stack with standard rejuvenation or unholy frenzy thereby making those abilities unusuable with the race. I've got to admit I don't quite understand your obsession with this point.

the only downside to the changed map is that you removed the void dragon unit

Yeah, I don't think it really fit in with them, however with the latest WoW events a void dragon wouldn't be too out of the realm of possibilties (however terrible WoW lore is these days).

I don't think I'll add any more units unless I find maybe a model I really like or sparks my imagination. They could use another air unit, just don't know what I'd make it.

Level 4
I remembered this map being far better than it now is, perhaps is because of Reforged, but I think that would only cause the texture bugs in some buildings and not the many incorrect tooltips and some abilities that work wrong, being the clearest example the ability Serenity that does the opposite of healing and kills your units also the Summon Swordsman ability is extremely overpowered, also the human Ai does not work.

Last edited:
I remembered this map being far better than it now is, perhaps is because of Reforged, but I think that would only cause the texture bugs in some buildings and not the many incorrect tooltips and some abilities that work wrong, being the clearest example the ability Serenity that does the opposite of healing and kills your units also the Summon Swordsman ability is extremely overpowered, also the human Ai does not work.
Thanks for the bug report, I was thinking of completely re-working the heroes for this map tbh, looking back it and my other altered melee maps are pretty bad lol.