• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Elves V2.5

----------wa666r----------

HIGH ELVES V2.5
Created by Wa666r

BTNQuelDori.png
Map Info:

An alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the graceful race of High Elves.

The High Elves, or the Quel'dori are an ancient race of elves with a thirst for magic. They obtain their powers from the magical Sunwells, which they hold sacred and guard heavily. Their race used to be just like the Night Elves, but just as the Night Elves have accepted the ways of safeguarding the forests, the Highborne accepted the powers of the Sunwell. During the War of the Ancients, the Highborne betrayed their brethren, and were exiled from the Night Elven lands. The High Elves use a combination of melee, ranged, and magic to bring the fight to the enemy. Through casting holy and arcanic magics the strength of these elves stays steady alongside their battle-ready front-line troops, who are willing to lay down their lives for the Sunwell and their kingdom.

BTNAlign.png
Features:

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Guardian, Ranger Master, Heliomancer, and Saint.

- a list of new items reflecting the High Elven race.

- All custom units, including Rangers with the ability to rain flaming arrows; devastating the enemy ranks, or the Highborne, a soldier that can give mana to his kin; reinforcing the already powerful mages.

BTNManaChar.png
Some else stuff about map:

TO PLAY AS THE HIGH ELVES, CHOOSE HUMAN WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

BTNGlimming.png
LATEST UPDATE:
- CRASH ERROR seems fixed
- NEW BUILDING MODELS (the last probably caused crashes)
- NEW UNIT: Eagle Rider
- NEW UNIT: Hawkstrider
- NEW BUILDING: Sun-Fury Tower
- REVAMPED UNIT: Equestrian
- REVAMPED UNIT: Spellbinder
- REVAMPED UNIT: Guide
- Fixed buildings being spawned too far
- Removed Siphon from Highborne
- New Ballista icon and Stationary model
- Stationary Ballista deals siege damage
- Mana Char reduced mana cost
- Spotters can Land.
- Backpack added
- Rangers have a changed Burning Quiver
- New building icons
- Revamped Precision ability
- Blessing of the Sun changed
- Guides gain Magic Dismissal ability
- Changed Enchanted Elixir
- Changed Scroll of Magics
- Vial of Healing
- Much more.
-etc

202905-albums6401-picture88785.png
Sunblessed: The High Elves, in my opinion, are known for their relation with the Sun. They are historically molded by the Sunwell itself; thus I wanted to show their blessing within this race. To start, the High Elves have a racial bonus called "Blessing of the Sun" which is a very powerful ability which increases hit points by 150, and reduces all damage taken by 20%. but this ability only activates during the day, so the High Elven army is much weaker during the night. Along with the Blessing of the Sun, High Elves also only regenerate hit points during the day - while the light shines upon them. As a final statement to their beloved Sun, most abilities of the High Elves gain a "Sunblessed" version of their ability during the day. These abilities are significantly stronger and much more effective as a whole.
202905-albums6401-picture88786.png
Weakness of Night: While the Sun works as as a very powerful source of power for the High Elves, night serves a crutch. During the night, the health regeneration ceases, along with less hit points and damage resistance that was granted from the Blessing of the Sun ability. Also, most High Elven units and buildings have severely reduced sight range, making scouting and defense much more difficult. This race's strongest tower, Sun Tower, only works during the day, making it nearly useless at night. Luckily, I implemented a Sunstone that can be used to raise the Sun for a short time

Play as my other races:

Draenei Dalaran Lost Ones Fel Horde Scarlet Crusaders Dark Iron Clan Forsaken Worgen

BTNSilver.png
Race Details:

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

[Rainbow]
- The Main Building has the Evoke the Sun ability, which sends rays raining down.

- The Artisans have Mana Char, which damages enemy mana and health.

- The Abode heals nearby friendly units with Generosity.
[/Rainbow]
[Rainbow]
- Spotters: Light flyer with incredible range that can also land to attack buildings.

- Guide: Great against enemy mages and harassing.

- Highborne: Great addition to an army and taking damage.[/rainbow]
[Rainbow]
- Buildings not as strong as most of the other races; also reduced sight.

- Greatly reduced sight during the night.

- Many low hit points on units

- Weaker at Night.[/Rainbow]

BTNBlood.png

Screenshots/Info:

Image Description:
---

202905-albums6401-picture88780.png

Image Description:
---

202905-albums6401-picture88779.png

Change Log:

Added:
- Small Changes

Added:
- Unit Balance
- Triggers fixes

Added:
- A new ability that activates when it is daytime.
- Multiple new icons.
- Saint switched ability to Intake Mana from Frost Armor.
- New Triggers
- Guides attack air units as well.
- Now a dialoge box gives a choice to play as the race or not.
- Fixed the Sawmill problem (No animation of researches)
- A lot of tooltip fixes.
- Small error Fixes.

Added:
- FAR Improved "Strength of the Sun"
- All new abilities for the Saint.
- Arcane Bombing
- Guided Magic
- Mage Barrier
- Hope (Changed)
- NEW Guardian ability
- Awakening (Changed)
- NEW Master Ranger abilities
- Focus Fire
- Haste (changed)
- NEW Heliomancer abilities
- Solar Flare
- Ray
- Changed Burning Quiver
- Changed "Keeper" to "Ballista"
- Changed "Anti-Siege Mode" to "Stationary Mode" with new functions
- REMOVED hero glow for Guides and Bannerets
- Retextured Highborne
- Siphon now requires an upgrade
- Tooltip fixes
- Sun Stone now changes the time of day
- Grand Hold and Sacrarium have a far-ranged, siege attacks instead of "Release Mana Spirits"
- Sentinel Tower now requires a Saw Mill
- Many NEW icons
- Mana Reach no longer restores Highbornes' mana.
- Changed Mana Char, now also autocast
- etc.

Added:
Small Changes

Credits:

Credit:
Models:
Hawking - Hero Mage Hunter, Judicator
Elenai - Archmaiden
SinisterX - High Elven Buildings
Norinrad - Unbroken
Ujimasa Hojo - Academy

Icons:
Darkfang - Earth Shield, Watery Shield,
Mr.Goblin - Triple Shot
SinisterX - High Elven Building Icons
kaycei - Horseback Archer
Mc ! - Fire Shield
Blizzard - Seal of Fire, Sword_09
Sephiroth_VII - Dark Keal
Illidan_09 - Ice Blade
Elenai - High Elven Cleric, Saint
67_Chrome - Archer
Legal_Ease - HeroRanger, Mounted Archer

Keywords:
High Elves, Quel'dori, fight, Alternate, Melee, Fun, Sexy
Contents

High Elves V2.5 (Map)

Reviews
16:57, 23rd May 2013 Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:
Level 2
I wish you could like make a map with all the races you have make inside it, like mash all the other races into one big map, that would be fun for sure :D. This map was rely fun though :3

Level 1
it was really lagging when i play, did you encounter this? i think the every seconds triggers are making it lagging, i've made a map that had that kind of trigger aswell and it make it lag.. so bad, or perhaps it is just because on my laptop? idk, every time it lag, i feel lagging to.. ,-,

@DarkC0smos
tumblr_inline_npavxp0E111qg586y_500.gif

Level 2
I hate to be that guy who bumps a topic, but I need to know. Is there a campaign planned for these races you have created? That or, do you know of someone who has done campaigns for these races?

Level 24
I hate to be that guy who bumps a topic, but I need to know. Is there a campaign planned for these races you have created? That or, do you know of someone who has done campaigns for these races?
I tried making a campaign in my spare time, I have a few missions with the Draenei, but I find it so boring and time consuming to make the actual campaign.
If someone is willing to make a campaign using one my factions, I'd be ok with it as long as they asked.

Level 2
I tried making a campaign in my spare time, I have a few missions with the Draenei, but I find it so boring and time consuming to make the actual campaign.
If someone is willing to make a campaign using one my factions, I'd be ok with it as long as they asked.
Oooo! Oooo! I'll do one for the Highborne! I have had zero experience of level creation outside of a week when I was 15 at a computer camp, but yeah. I would love to do it.

Sooooo a quick question, how do I get the Highborne units to show up in the World Editor?

Last edited:
Level 16
Been playing this map again recently cuz I love custom races.
A bug I noticed is when I can get eagle Flyers upgrades before I can train eagle flyers, same goes for the dragonhawk riders.
the bug is the upgrades are available before you can train the unit. perhaps update the upgrades to be the same restrictions as the unit has?

Level 1
Hello i have a problem with your maps. I have 1.31 patch installed.
Every time I play one of your maps they start lagging.
I don't know why this is happening, because I didn't experience this with other maps.
I tried Dark Horde and Fel Horde, Nightborne, High Elves, Illidari, Felblood Elves and Void Elves and they are all lagging.
I played maps from other creators and I didn't experience any lag.
I really like your maps and all the models you used in them but unfortunately i can't play it (⌣̩̩́_⌣̩̩̀).
If someone knows what is the problem please help...

Level 5
This map gives me some "lag" as others stated, though "micro-stutters" is the proper term, on version 1.31.1 and 1.30.4, but anything lower than 1.30 (like 1.29) it's fine.

What could be the cause of this? Could it be some new function in 1.31 that is no longer compatible with older versions, hence causing these stutters?
There has to be a way to fix it, I'm really interested in playing this on 1.31.

Level 24
This map gives me some "lag" as others stated, though "micro-stutters" is the proper term, on version 1.31.1 and 1.30.4, but anything lower than 1.30 (like 1.29) it's fine.

What could be the cause of this? Could it be some new function in 1.31 that is no longer compatible with older versions, hence causing these stutters?
There has to be a way to fix it, I'm really interested in playing this on 1.31.
Its one of my older maps with bad and inefficient triggers. And it doesnt work well with the newer versions of Wc3. I plan on updating them.

Also crashed on this one. I think this is the replay. I used 1.29 for this one (since this is my preferred patch, and it looks like it's 1.26 with JNGP if I look at the data correctly).

I have another run in longer duration and it does not crash. I suspect the Paladin hero might be the potential source, the Effulgence ability.

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    92 KB · Views: 10
Level 24
Also crashed on this one. I think this is the replay. I used 1.29 for this one (since this is my preferred patch, and it looks like it's 1.26 with JNGP if I look at the data correctly).

I have another run in longer duration and it does not crash. I suspect the Paladin hero might be the potential source, the Effulgence ability.
I see. This one definitely needs an update. A lot of my older maps do.