• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] High elf Knight

Ive tried to obtain a high elf knight by editing the texture of Cavman's Judicator, because it was appearing alien. For that end i have made a texture that has parts of human knight, alpha crusader hero for body armor and circlet, only head and book remains from the Mr. Goblin's texture.

there is the pictured issue with the shield however, which im not sure how to solve without editing the shield. i would like some help with that, probably could become round to fit that part of the texture properly, or maybe adjust to make fit captain's shield texture on it.

another issue is the black in the hair, and his sword arm appearing cripple, but those are prolly not as urgent to fix.

edit: added the missing texture :grin:

Attachments

• JudicatorCrusader.mdx
    304.7 KB · Views: 3
  • JudicatorCrusader_Portrait.mdx
    47.3 KB · Views: 2
  • JudicatorEdit.png
    JudicatorEdit.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 31
  • JudicatorEditShieldIssue.png
    JudicatorEditShieldIssue.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 31
  • CrusaderElf.blp
    402.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
well, i ended up being able to transfer that shield myself, managed to even assign it to the correct side hand bone. there are these issues however, the shield is kind of hovering, especially noticeable during death, and completely gets up to former place during decay bone anim. idk, prolly needs to get assigned to even more bones.

Attachments

• elfcruswshield.png
    elfcruswshield.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 18
  • elfcruswshield2.png
    elfcruswshield2.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 18
  • elfcrushovershield1.png
    elfcrushovershield1.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 20
  • JudicatorCrusaderwShield6.mdx
    304.9 KB · Views: 1
well, i ended up being able to transfer that shield myself, managed to even assign it to the correct side hand bone. there are these issues however, the shield is kind of hovering, especially noticeable during death, and completely gets up to former place during decay bone anim. idk, prolly needs to get assigned to even more bones.
That'll be a geoset visibility issue, you need to make it so the geoset the shield is attached to isn't visible in those animations. In terms of it's positioning in certains animations you'll need to edit the positioning of the bone in those animations itself, this should be doable in RMS IIRC.

This right here :)