• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc1 knight model edit request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
id like to convert an unit model from DoC mod to use ingame textures but turns out it cant be done through texturing alone, editing the model became necessary and i require help.
knightproblumz.png
see picture, here is what i request:

1. weapon texture got mixed up upon using captain texture for helmet front, i suppose the ball on chain can be told to use an metallic texture as a whole.
to liberate the model from having to use shieldattempt.blp can suggest helmet be told to directly use the captain texture for both front and rear, for horns on helmet point to the ones in grunt's texture, and for shield it can be garithos' shield transferred as is or the captain's shield but sized up a bit.

2. those parts inbetween require to be turned transparent, should become like the default knight's horse.

3. im not sure why did this blackness occur, insufficient texture ?

4. please edit this so there is knight's, or footman's eyes inside instead that blackness.

Attachments

• AzerothKnight.mdx
    350.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Shieldattempt.blp
    116 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 50
1. You need to open the model in Mdlvis and use button "Deatach as a new geoset" then you need to open magos and sellect the ball on the chain (ctrl+left click) and give it texture you want. Then you need to open the model in Mdlvis and wrapp the ball to that texture.
2. You need to set the material of knight's texture in magos to transparent.
3. The original texture is like that, nothing wrong with texture.
4. Same goes here as for the number 1. If it has some vertices inside the helmet you can just sellect that geoset and deatach it as said above. If not, you can always geoset merge the footman's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.