• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Garithos texture edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hmm alright. Here is the knight you re referring to (the Scars of conflict pack thread has a broken link in place of this image)
Wc2Knight.JPG

I've compared this texture with the one for Garithos and here's the result:
Senza nome.jpg

The symbol of Lordaeron isn't symmetric whereas the lion head is. To be able to represent the L of Lordaeron on the shield of Garithos one would have to change the arrangement of the texture sustantially, similarly to what has been done on the left, to accomodate the entire L on the shield.
Such a modified texture wouldn't fit garithos anymore and one would end up needing a reskin of his entire model.

Level 14
Thank you Stein I think I found a workaround by editing garithos UV map and using the knight texture for Scars of Conflict made by Mr. Goblin.

GarithosKnighted.JPG

This custom Garithos is like you wanted it hopefully. It requires the WC2_Knight.blp
Credits go to Mr. Goblin

(sidenote: the pack from Scars of Conflict is awesome. The occasional reader of this thread can find it at Scars of Conflict: Resource Pack)

Attachments

• LordGarithosKnighted.mdx
    336.3 KB · Views: 46
  • WC2_Knight.blp
    135.4 KB · Views: 75
Level 34
Thank you Stein I think I found a workaround by editing garithos UV map and using the knight texture for Scars of Conflict made by Mr. Goblin.

View attachment 268288

This custom Garithos is like you wanted it hopefully. It requires the WC2_Knight.blp
Credits go to Mr. Goblin

(sidenote: the pack from Scars of Conflict is awesome. The occasional reader of this thread can find it at Scars of Conflict: Resource Pack)
Great Job!!!!

Level 14
Ready!
They need the aforementioned WC2Knight.blp texture to work
Remember to credit Mr.Goblin for his nice texture please :)

Attachments

• KnightLordae.mdx
    227 KB · Views: 72
  • LordGarithosLordae.mdx
    171.6 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.