• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knight Model/Custom Footman Model Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I personally hate Wc3's Knight model since real knights never charge into battle with both lance and sword drawn. I also despise them since they wear no helmet (i like uniforms, i despise individuality in armies. dont ask why)
If some one could create a knight model based off of Wc3's Reign of Chaos footman, that would be excellent. I would like the horse to be moderately-heavily armored, with armor matching the knight.
The weapon of choice is a long sword, with garithos's shield, but with an eagle symbol and the shield.

OPTIONAL: I would also like Wc3's Captain mounted on a horse, preferably on the same horse the Knight above is on.
If possible, also make a seperate model to the Knight, but instead of a sword, equip him with a banner. his attack could be similar to the Riderless Horse's kick.

I also have a footman i got from somewhere, and i do not know who the author is. The problem with it is that when ever it dies, its sword/helemt/shield/corpse attach to the nearest unit, and follow it around.
However, when i cast resurrection, the unit revives from the original spot it died. If anoyone can fix this, i will send you the footman.
The screen shot is of the footman.
If it is easier, you could base the knight of of this footman, and simply add the new horse/shield/weapon

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,874
Level 22
actually, shards of resistance (campaign from where i got miseracords footman) has the same knight, but it looks kinda funky.

btw, shards of resistance is unprotected, so nobody accuse me of deprotectin.

This is something im looking for the knight, except it should be in similar armor to the RoC Campaign Screen Footman, and with a full helm, maybe the Captain's but shiny

Last edited:
Level 8
I got a question, Are u allowed to take a model from a campaign if it's unprotected and if u give a credit? Anyway, Check out this model If that's not fancy for u, try this If that's not good enough for u, Try getting the knight model from this campaign (I'm not sure if it's protected)

Level 22
hmm... once again, i need a knight based off of the RoC Campaign screen footman. almost all my foot soldiers in the game are similarily designed, ill send over a link of my map's thread.
as you can see from the last two pics, they are all similarily clad in shiny armor. the only unit so far that doesnt have shiny armor is the Imperial Captain, which uses blizzards model. i just said that they used armor passed down from generation to generation. and the chaplain, which is a model thats a priest, but with a shield and a mace attachment.

i havent yet checked out the campaign, but i definetly will once my laptop's AC Adapter arrives.

I got a question, Are u allowed to take a model from a campaign if it's unprotected and if u give a credit? Anyway, Check out this model If that's not fancy for u, try this If that's not good enough for u, Try getting the knight model from this campaign (I'm not sure if it's protected)

Omg, there is a pretty villager on horse, just what I was searching for, which will be used as scout in my map. Finally a cavalry unit in tier 1 which will be replaced bandit like unit. Thanks :csmile:

Level 22
dam you mechanical man!!!111!! this was my post!!11!! jk. dont you do models?

im positive that taking resources from unprotected maps and still giving credits to the original authors is allowed. why wouldnt it be? and anyways, this footman was publicly released to the hiveworkshop 2-3 years back.

Level 4
Omg, there is a pretty villager on horse, just what I was searching for, which will be used as scout in my map. Finally a cavalry unit in tier 1 which will be replaced bandit like unit. Thanks :csmile:

lol ur welcum for it..(I made it anyway..)

sorry for technical hijacking of your thread Ghost

I guess I'll do your request as a consolation..
though before you cheer up, keep in mind that i'm a lazy fuck..

Level 22
bumpity bump bump
i still need miseracords footman without the faulty death animation.
cmon people, help a needy fellow.
just in case some other people might wanna try their hand at the knight model, try looking at WoW's human knight.

Last edited:
Level 8
Teh russiansite is crazy, ghost had it translated when he posted it as a link, but I not russian not nagivation is hard. They have 1 hilarious model though. *Quoting Yuri Orlov, Lord of War, best movie ever* (No one was lining up to buy their cars.) The pride of the Russian motor indusrtry or something itwas called, and its this shity lil car. Btw ghost wut map are these models for? Just curious, seeing how you've helped me out so much I'd like to help you out if you out if you need it. I'm busy as hell with my own map but I can make time.

Level 22
well, theyre gonna be used for a Custom Race contest, and their also gonna be used in my altered melee, a war between three imperial legions and 3 Chaos armies. i havent worked on it that much, ive got to do alot of the terrain first.

yes, but thats ok. im still waiting for my AC Adapter to arrive for my laptop, so take your time.

bump. any progress on the knight?

patience is a virtue that i have.

ED1T: if some one can help me with the trouble with misercord's footman, i would be grateful.

bumpity bump bump
i still need miseracords footman without the faulty death animation.
cmon people, help a needy fellow.
just in case some other people might wanna try their hand at the knight model, try looking at WoW's human knight.

bump. read the psot above.

bump, olympics tomorrow, pm if you want to fix the footman. credits will be given, rep too...

Im going to link you to this: The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site - FAQ: Overall Site Rules

It's THW Rules. It states that Double-Posting is against the rules. You posted twice in a row followed by 5 times in a row and then followed by another 2 in a row later.

Next time use the
edit.gif
button.

Status
Not open for further replies.