• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Portrait Model for High Elf Peasant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I made a custom texture for the High Elf Peasant and it turns out the High Elf Peasant's portrait model is an exact copy of the Priest's portrait model and even uses the RoC Priest's texture. This is really pissy. So I'm wondering if someone could make a new portrait model for the High Elf Peasant actually uses the High Elf Peasant's texture. It's a fairly simple edit, I just don't have the tools or the knowhow to do it. Thanks in advance to anyone who'll do it for me.

Level 11
Do you want the face to look weird like the Peasant or more normal- like the priest?

Edit: Because if you want it to look more like the peasant I think it would be easier just to make an actual portrait from the peasant model. But if you're okay with him looking like a priest I can reskin it.

Last edited:
Level 11
Hold up, I may not be the right guy for the job because I won't be able to even look at it again until the weekend.

However, I was afraid you were going to say that. I got the face to look alright using that texture but it's pretty much impossible to not look derpy when it comes to the ears and hair (which is... hay? in the peasant texture- lol).
So I can edit the mesh to have more or less the same ears and hair thing as the depry peasant model or else we can just use the priest texture * for those parts* if you haven't edited that part too much (if you made the texture NE or something maybe we can use a different tho?). Otherwise it's easier for you just edit the priest.blp to have similar edits you made on the highelfpeasant tbh :/
Edit: forgot a part of what I was saying

Level 8
I don't want to edit priest.blp because I'm using a number of custom models that might be using it. I know for sure the priest's body texture is being used. I can try editing the priest's face, hair and ears. There is a bit of blank space around the High Elf Peasant's face where I could put hair and neck texture. Also, I edited the High Elf Peasant to be a Drow Peasant, and I will be editing the NE Archer, Shandris and Sentry to be Drow as well. I you want/need to use the hair from those textures on the model, go right ahead.

Level 14
What Alethos is trying to say is that the blood elf peasant own .blp cannot effectively replace the bloodpriest.blp used in the portrait because there are too many parts that the peasant's .blp simply does not have.
This job can only be done well by editing the bloodpriest's .blp. Especially if you plan a recolor that cannot yet be seen.
You can easily edit the priest blp and give it another name like drowpeasantportrait. Then it's really easy to link the new texture to the blood elven peasant's portrait only, so you can retain the original priest's texture for other units.

Edit: it could even be easier than that because there is a large collection of drow skins scattered on this site. There must be something for the priest. Just need to select one, give credit to the guy who made it, and link it to the peasant's portrait in place of the standard priest's .blp. Job done.

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks. ILH made me a model of the High Elf Peasant portrait that uses it's texture for the portrait, though just the part of the body that can be seen in the portrait and not the character's face. I'll edit the model he made for me and do what you suggested. Thanks a lot for the help guys. I really appreciate it!

Level 8
Here's what my Drow Peasant looks like:
drow_peasant-jpeg.272741

And the Portrait:
drow_peasant_portrait-jpg.272742

Attachments

• drow_peasant.jpeg
    drow_peasant.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 337
  • drow_peasant_portrait.jpg
    drow_peasant_portrait.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,574