• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hide Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
There is a way to CHANGE the terrain, which means that if you have a black model or skin of a terrain, you can change it to that.

Action :
  • Environment - Change terrain type at (Your Point) to Black_Terrain using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle

Level 14
That 'unexplored dark' is called 'Fog Of War' or 'Black Mask' (i don't know which one of those... i think it's the Fog Of War) :)

It should be something like this, i believe.
  • Visibility - Create an initially 'Disabled' visibility modifier for 'A_Player' emitting Visibility from 'Point' to a radius of 'Value'
You can do that with a region, instead of a circle from point to radius aswell.

Level 14
You might be looking for the Mighty Alpha Tile?

It's a tile that removes terrain completely so that you can see through it.

EDIT: Nevermind I didn't really read the thread, you're trying to create a black mask on a specific location, CoLd Bon3 already gave you an example.
Have you tested it yet?

Fog of war = The fog that displays parts of the map that you have already discovered in which you can see terrain and doodads but no units.
Black mask = The black mask underneath the fog which displays parts of the map that have not been discovered yet.
Visibility = Both Fog of war and Black mask.

Level 3
You might be looking for the Mighty Alpha Tile?

It's a tile that removes terrain completely so that you can see through it.

EDIT: Nevermind I didn't really read the thread, you're trying to create a black mask on a specific location, CoLd Bon3 already gave you an example.
Have you tested it yet?

Fog of war = The fog that displays parts of the map that you have already discovered in which you can see terrain and doodads but no units.
Black mask = The black mask underneath the fog which displays parts of the map that have not been discovered yet.
^This

Level 3
^This

Level 10
Oh. teach me for black mask please :))) what should i do??

I did like above replacing fog of war to black mask. but nothing happen. :(

after this statement? (i put it in initialization)
JASS:
native CreateFogModifierRadiusLoc takes player forWhichPlayer, fogstate whichState, location center, real radius, boolean useSharedVision, boolean afterUnits returns fogmodifier

ok solved. all set at map option -.-" thanks guys!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.