• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hidden Valley

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Author's Foreword

I am fond of nature, and I was inspired to make a map that evoked a peaceful alpine scene.

In terraining, I experimented with broader brushstrokes. I wanted to create a more naturalistic, calming effect. It is quite different from anything others are doing (although I already had such tendencies in my first map, Furbolg Mountain, over a decade ago.) I am quite happy with the result, and I hope players like it too.

One unique feature is the free marketplace in the middle. This idea was actually the impetus for me to create this map. The first version from conception to first cup took less than a week!

A second unique feature is the Barren's mercenary camp. I think it's a shame that there are so many mercenary camps in the game, but most are unused. The Barren's mercenary camp should not be overpowered. This is a bit of caution, in order to increase the competitive viability of the map, but I hope that it will still be fun to play with something new.

About the author

I am an American Human player BoX, about 2050 w3c strength. I just came back to the game after over a decade away. I think I have some unique and creative ideas about mapmaking, and my sincere hope is that players can share my joy.

Map Description

Flowers will bloom again

Man has but one spring

Seek not fame or riches

To be happy is divine*

*This is my paraphrase of a well-known Chinese verse:
花有重開日

人無再少年

不須長富貴

安樂是神仙

--- MERGE ---

A unique feature of this 1v1 map is the free marketplace in the middle.

Also features Barrens Mercenary Camps.

Hope people can enjoy my map, as I enjoyed creating it.

- BoX
Previews
Contents

Hidden Valley (Map)