• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valley of Lost Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is some screenshots of an upcoming project I've been working on.

The Zone is called "Valley of Lost hope.

"Story"
A abandon Farm in the cold. An farmers ghost is still alive, and there is a quest when you get close to him, he yells "Death has come! Ghosts of winter, Rise!"
And he will be gone in a second after that. very many ghosts will spawn and try to kill you.

Valley%20of%20lost%20hope%20pic3.jpg

Valley%20of%20lost%20hope%20pic2.jpg

Valley%20of%20lost%20hope%20pic1.jpg

Level 6
Real good job, good use of doodads even though its kind of empty.
But I dont think you should add much more the decent use of doodads creates the feeling of "Lost Hope".

Level 23
One tipp which might polish this terrain up by a huge grade: Try to use some bigger scaled stones and not a spam of small ones with this texture on it. Since all those small snow parts on the rock look a bit strange, you might want to consider replacing some small massed rocks by huger scaled ones! You should give that a try!

EDIT: Especially at the right backside of the whole where the bridge is over!

EDIT2: And yeah, what models are these and where can (if possible) I get them?

Level 18
No offense but i really dont like it i mean try to replace the road ligth you put on that bridge with somthing else and maybe use a bit more tile variation besides that the terrain is very flat and doesnt look that intresting try to make somthing that catches the eye. All i basicly see is Rocks/House and done (no offense but this is how i see it) Anyway i supose those models are from xgm? try to use the UTM here on hive it has a lot of doodads/envirorments and so on to make a awsome looking terrain.

Level 23
No offense but i really dont like it i mean try to replace the road ligth you put on that bridge with somthing else and maybe use a bit more tile variation besides that the terrain is very flat and doesnt look that intresting try to make somthing that catches the eye. All i basicly see is Rocks/House and done (no offense but this is how i see it) Anyway i supose those models are from xgm? try to use the UTM here on hive it has a lot of doodads/envirorments and so on to make a awsome looking terrain.

I completely disagree on the light part, I think it fits and gives a nice atmosphere towards the terrain there!

Level 18
Well imo that Light doodad on the bridge doesnt fit at all he could better use somthing from the UTM you say it gives a nice atmosphere maybe it does but it just doesnt fit. About my language whats rong with it? all i say whas stupid. Anyway sorry for the mis understanding

Level 23
[OFFTOPIC]In saying it's "stupid" something is wrong with your language.
1. It was not stupid, this has nothing to do with the language though
2. It was rude and a bit offending, even if it would have been true that the post was wrong or senseless there would have been better ways to say that, that are not disrespectul or offending
[/OFFTOPIC]

The model of the lantern might not be the best because it does not have the quality of the other models used, but it's putted into the rest of the place pretty nice by sticking it into the bridge, which causes the feeling that this is only one model. The fog makes sure that the texture quality difference is not that obvious, for me this is well done!

Level 6
Hm in fact the lightning and fog creates a good atmosphere, but personally I think its too bright. I would change that, because the atmosphere could be even more "lost" with a more decent light.
And regarding the doodads, they are placed well, they look good - but there is something missing, its too empty and really lifeless in other word too lifeless even for a place wich is really hostile to life.
So there is nothing extraordinary about this terrain, but !!! it could become real good piece of artwork.
So lets rather make suggestions, how to improve this good start...

Level 18
i agree with the guy above me btw M0rbid i dont see why you make such problem out of this forgett it. You almost make me wana terrain challenge you... I agree about putting things in a other sentence but on that moment i had a lot on my mind besides that i stay with my opinion of using a model from the UTM. Now lets get back on topic plz

Level 23
I have nothing against a terrain challenge at all, and I guess that would be the right way to solve such littel dramas around here, but you're already in one challenge (more than one per month is forbidden at hive) and I'm quite busy with exams.

And I'm not terraining anymore....

So yeah, back on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.