• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Hidden Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 22
Many, many people are claiming that after they download the pack,
The maps are nowhere to be seen, even when the folder is in the right location.

I thought it was because of the length of the pack name, which I've now shortened, however I've still been getting posts.

I've never had this problem, does anyone know more about it?

Last edited:
Level 18
Neither have I.

EDIT:
Lol, talk about speaking too fast.
I've just wanted to play with my friend and all the folders are empty. I double checked if all the maps are in the correct folder. I renamed the folder AND the maps to no avail.
I have no idea what might be going on.

EDIT2:
Okay, so this seems to work:
1. First, rename the downloaded piece. (2p Human 07 v2.2 -> 2phu07 or something)
2. Rename the FOLDER containing the renamed piece. In the renamed folder the renamed map will show.
I'll test this more.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hehe guys. This is a well known bug that happens. If a wc3 file has a long name then it doesn't show up in wc3.

Spoon you need to edit and shorten the names of the maps in the pack, that should solve everything.

Level 18
You just have to rename the file name to something else.

This bug also appears for me every time and the above method fixes it every time. (If you have Warcraft running while you edit the file name, you have to close the maps section where the maps are and open it again.)

Level 18
I can't speak for anyone else, but with me, this is the case. I've downloaded the maps quite a few times in the past days due to frequent updates and I always had to shorten file names. I usually just remove the version note and it works fine then. (2p human 07 v2.2 -> 2p human 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.