• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hi! I have some questions on WorldEdit, please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi im new creating maps but i have a question. I want to put custom voices for the dialogues on the cinematics. It is possible to do it? i searched for tutorials but i have only find for units not for dialogues.

And another question: How do i put the goal for a mission on a custom campaign? like: Destroy #example# , Reach # # , Kill # # etc.

Thanks

Level 9
You should trigger the custom sounds/voices.
it might sound complicated to you but its not
Have you tried messing around with the trigger editor?

Level 24
Do you know the trigger editor?
If so, create a trigger that runs when a unit dies.
Check who that unit was and if that is the unit you needed to kill then use Game - Victory or Game - Defeat.

About the sound, you can import the sound to the game, make it a real sound in the sound editor and play that sound with triggers.
It is not that complicated.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Hi im new creating maps but i have a question. I want to put custom voices for the dialogues on the cinematics. It is possible to do it? i searched for tutorials but i have only find for units not for dialogues.
You need to import the custom voices first via Import Manager and then use them as voice. It is possible.

And another question: How do i put the goal for a mission on a custom campaign? like: Destroy #example# , Reach # # , Kill # # etc.
Via trigger editor, first create the quest and tell the player what to do. If you want to destroy/kill certain unit then check when it dies or if you want to kill multiple units make a real and add +1 every time one of the units player has to kill dies. When the real becomes the amount you want (let's say 10 footmen killed) then make it trigger another message and update/complete the quest.

No problem.

Level 4
Ok i imported the file. But in the same place where I'm creating the dialogue, i can't find where I can select the file. I mean:

x7et2sl.png

It only appears "Last played sound". I think that option is a bit situational. How do i select a sound?

Thanks to all :)

Level 9
Ok i imported the file. But in the same place where I'm creating the dialogue, i can't find where I can select the file. I mean:

x7et2sl.png

It only appears "Last played sound". I think that option is a bit situational. How do i select a sound?

Thanks to all :)

You need to go to the Sound editor (Volume icon in the toolbar)
Right click the sound you just imported and choose use as sound.

I would highly suggest you to download some of the cinematic maps we have here in hiveworkshop, some of them are open source and you can peek inside their triggers and learn.
that's how i figure things out when i need to learn something
im pretty sure it will solve your problem right away

Level 4
You need to go to the Sound editor (Volume icon in the toolbar)
Right click the sound you just imported and choose use as sound.

I would highly suggest you to download some of the cinematic maps we have here in hiveworkshop, some of them are open source and you can peek inside their triggers and learn.
that's how i figure things out when i need to learn something
im pretty sure it will solve your problem right away

Hi, where can I find those "Cinematic Maps"? I know what you mean. The best thing for learning its seeing others' projects. I agree with you hehe :p. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.