• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Erm.... I have no clue how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi guys I'm making my rpg and I've found tha I really have no clue on how to do what I'm doing.:confused: I'm making a Multi-Map Rpg, It has a Character build system but heres my question do I have to have the Unit/ability file for the character on every Map or can I just have it in the Game Cache and Campaign file?

Level 8
eeh dont understand compleatly but to create a campaign based rpg(it means like multi map) open the WE, thn click the campaign editor button and THEN click new map in the CE(CampaignEditor) then to be able to load a unit to ewery map you have to use GameCache triggers(these are kinda hard to understand first time doing it so serch for all Topics started ,in Worldeditor help zone, by Sonkan1 and then look at them(got the same problem)) well you have to use the game cache in ewery singel map! TIP: if you want to make so the playr can chose a hero then create a variable with the amount of arrays beased of the amount of heros avalible like Hero_chosen (unit) array5(=5 for the amount of heros) thats the variable then after eatch hero taken you hve tóo use a set variabl triggr= set-Hero_Chosen[1] last created unit.(note! you can only set it if you have a trigger that creates a spec hero!)

its mabey cinda messy but theres a tip=))

Level 3
You will have to have some sort of Game Cache trigger involved. It would have to be like a save/load code for you to do so between maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.