• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how do i make maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi, i want to make a map, mainly a td, but i have no clue how, right now i would like to know how to put in the path that creeps need to follow, including start and end, and how to make the creeps/levels, please post if you can help or know where i can find help, thanks

Level 7
Start Simple... I recomend starting with a smaller map... TD's require alot of triggering, and you need to be rather experienced to get it to work properly...

I Recoomend you jsut start with a basic map, just a melee type with a few simple triggers and 3 or 4 custom made units.

Try downloading or opening an Unprotected map and having a look at some of the stuff in there, but get to know ur way around the editor (Especially triggers for a TD) before u make something big.

Level 21
first get the hang of triggers, the event - condition - action system. its very simple, triggers do what they say pretty much. you may only need some help with variables (arrays too) and loop integers. the rest are very easy. basically look into triggers and try to make something like when you type "move" or "-move" your units moive to region 1 so long as there are no units in region 1. once u can do a few of those u can do anything. if you cant do triggers but can terrain or somthing, find someone to help you and get started on a project.

Level 2
lol, i think thursday is a little fast, i just started playing around with the world editor, may be a while befor i get anything

Status
Not open for further replies.