• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

hi!! can you help me? I have some questions for world edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi! i'm starting this world of mapping warcraft 3 but im a bit lost on some things.
I have some several questions for mt campaign :

· When im doing a cinematic, i have 2 sorceresses from different colour but i want them to be allies and don't attack in the movie. (And i want green team and pink team to be allies in the game too) How do i do that?

· How do i create a base like the WC3 campaigns' enemies base and make them to attack your base? (you know, like most levels of WC3, you create your base and after 5 min they send troops to attack you)

· When im doing a cinematic.. how do i do to make dissapear all the people on it when the cinematic ends?

thanks!! :ogre_haosis:

Level 24
In the trigger editor, you can change the player color of a unit specificly.
You can also make team green and pick allied.

Also triggered, you use timers to wait a certain time.
Then you order a barracks to make units and order those units to attack move to your base.

Disappear all the people?

Level 2
hi , thanks for answering, but.. im a bit lost... T-T this program is so hard for me im so noob..

I will try to explain you what i want to do.

kIN3FCq.png

Ok this is the scene.

I want the Player 1 to be the Light Blue, not red.

Green sorceress and pink sorceress i want them to be allies (In the movie they attack the other to the other).

Light blue peasant talk to the green ones. Green ones answer (a typical dialogue), light blue answers etc.

I want the camera to face the sorceresses when the peasants stop talking. Then the camera follows them, they walk to the peasants , they dialogue, and then i want a fade out effect (black).
When i said "Dissapear" I mean.. in the normal map i dont want that people to appear, only in the movie. How do i do that? ._.

It may sound a bit.. Difficult? D: .. I want to do that movie but i'm very lost and i always have bugs when i test it. I need your help really.. :(

Level 24
Go to the trigger editor.
Create a new trigger.
Give it the event "Time - Elapsed Gametime is 0.00 seconds".
Create an action "Player - Set alliance".
Make player red be allies with player green.
Make player green be allies with player red.
Make player pink be allies with player blue.
Make player blue be allies with player pink.
Create another action "Unit - Change color".
Then you can select a unit from the map (when you press "select unit") and choose a player color for it.
Select your green sorceress and select Green as color. (wait for it)

Now go to the terrain editor.
Double click on the green sorceress.
Change the owner from green to blue.

Go to the trigger editor and try out a few things regarding the "Cinematics" and "Camera" section of the actions.

Level 2
ok i did it. But you didnt understand me 100% xD. I want the light blue to be the color of the player who plays my campaign. i hope you understand me because its a bit confusing. the normal color of player 1 is red. I want the player who plays my campaign to be Light Blue not red. Thanks for your help

Level 37
ok i did it. But you didnt understand me 100% xD. I want the light blue to be the color of the player who plays my campaign. i hope you understand me because its a bit confusing. the normal color of player 1 is red. I want the player who plays my campaign to be Light Blue not red. Thanks for your help

Click on the Scenario menu, then click on Player Properties. Everything else from there is pretty self-explanatory.

Level 24
I am never able to do that :D

Create another action and do "Player - Change Color".
Choose Player 1 (Red) and color Light Blue.
You should also choose to recolor all existing units of that player.

Make sure that all units that you want to be owned by that player be owned by Player 1 (Red).
They will change color with that trigger.

Level 19
I dont understand when you say, you want them disappeared in the cinematic but not from the game. Anyways, you can put them in a region and make them invisible or remove when the cinematic ends.

Unit - make unit invisible
Unit - remove unit

These are the triggers for that.

If you make them invisible, u will need to make them visible again by trigger

If you remove them, they will not come back, but you can create new ones again

Level 2
T_T No!! xDd...

I want them removed from the game when the cinematic ends. I want them only in the movie, not in the game.

And... i have another problem.. in my world edit the green sorceress and pink sorceress are their colours... but in the game.. THEY CHANGE??? :S??

http://i.imgur.com/haLLJNM.jpg Look.. i dont put it in the forum because is a screenshot and is very big xD

And my player properties...
4UDGtEE.png

Level 37
T_T No!! xDd...

I want them removed from the game when the cinematic ends. I want them only in the movie, not in the game.

Then just remove them via triggers after the cinematic ends.

And... i have another problem.. in my world edit the green sorceress and pink sorceress are their colours... but in the game.. THEY CHANGE??? :S??

http://i.imgur.com/haLLJNM.jpg Look.. i dont put it in the forum because is a screenshot and is very big xD

And my player properties...
4UDGtEE.png

You probably placed them down as Player 1 & 2 still. You will need to place them as Player 7 & 8. Changing the Player Properties just makes it so that the actual player can only play those colors.

Level 2
X.x... i dont understand.. sorry if im being annoying to you this program is hard for me and its a bit difficult to learn fast.. i started mapping 2 days ago but im so lost , i hope im not being annoying to you...

where did i put as player 1 & 2? :L.. in my map green sorceress is Player 7 (Green) and pink sorceress Player 8 (Pink). In the game they change colors to red and blue, except the light blue peasant, and i want the light blue to be the player's main color of the campaign, but the game puts the red as the player's default color... >.<..

Level 37
X.x... i dont understand.. sorry if im being annoying to you this program is hard for me and its a bit difficult to learn fast.. i started mapping 2 days ago but im so lost , i hope im not being annoying to you...

where did i put as player 1 & 2? :L.. in my map green sorceress is Player 7 (Green) and pink sorceress Player 8 (Pink). In the game they change colors to red and blue, except the light blue peasant, and i want the light blue to be the player's main color of the campaign, but the game puts the red as the player's default color... >.<..

That's odd. Can you attach the map so I can take a look?

Level 4
· How do i create a base like the WC3 campaigns' enemies base and make them to attack your base? (you know, like most levels of WC3, you create your base and after 5 min they send troops to attack you)

It done through a campaign AI JASS script.
This will help you http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/how-make-campaign-ai-211549/

You need to create triggers in the trigger editor in order to enable the script and also give them gold and lumber all the time.

But this is hard stuff, the script is very sensitive (if you misspell anything it won't work) and you must be careful how many units and buildings you put and where you put them when using campaign AI script.

Level 2
Also Make sure you are using fixed player settings in the force properties.

Yeah! it was that! hahaha. Thanks .. :)

One last question. Can i rename a sorceress for the game (not the movie)? i want it to have a different name from others.
I want those sorceress to be more powerful than normal ones, like a "semi-hero" or those things, more hp, damage etc.

Level 2
Sure, just copy and paste the normal sorceress Under Humans/Units (right click the sorceress and click copy or CTRL+C) in Object Editor and then edit everything on your new unit to your liking. Or just edit the properties of the original sorceress if you don't need them in your game.

And can I make that that sorceress isnt created by any allied structure? I want to treat her as an hero, but only available for the enemy, so only enemy can spawn her. How can i do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.