• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey there! I have questions about reforge and the latest patches.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So....Back when reforge was first released it Broke all my maps.... important triggers stopped working and most of the imported music and sound effects stopped working and playing....I had to completely remove warcraft 3 from my computer and download patch 1.29 and 1.30.4....It was a super pain in the arss....Thankfully I had backups....

Anyhow~ So.... I'm just wondering how Reforge is doing now a days? Is it still a broken mess? Would it break all my maps again if I were to download it?....I'm just afraid it will destroy my years long work on the latest rpg I'm working on.....

Right now I'm having a tun of fun using Patch 1.29, however, I've tried playing it on patch 1.30.4 but unfortunately some imported music doesn't work along with some bugs, where as playing it on 1.29 everything seems to work perfectly...

I would love to be using the latest patches but am just afraid it will destroy all I've worked on the past year......

is it even worth it to spend several years completing this project on patch 1.29? I would love to be able to share it, it's just kind of a bummer that reforge isn't all to trust worthy :/

Last edited:
Level 2
Eh I still can't get my map working properly, I've been wanting to release an update on my map but pretty much given up because Reforged is so janky.
And its not even so much as my map but that one computer straight up wont play reforged and the other just disconnects from bnet constantly.

Seriously I hate to rant but at lan party's I can copy over wc3 v1.23 to any computer, windows xp, windows 7, ect and without fail it works on every computer. Then you got freakin reforge with its janky launcher that works on very few computers. Even if you didnt even buy the damn thing and just wanna play on classic graphics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.