• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Heroes of Might and Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was thinking about the old Heroes of Might and Magic earlier while I was working on a map I’m making. And, I was wondering, if somehow using stackable items in a heroes inventory if it would be possible to create a HoMM warcraft map. If combat initiated the heroes could be teleported to a spot on the map specified where turn based combat will initiate. Say you have in your inventory footman x 30, it could spawn a footman with its base attack x 30, so + 330 attack (since it has 11 base attack). I’m not sure if it’s possible to do this but I would imagine it would need to be done for its defense and hit points as well.

Triggering events such as walking up to a shrine or well or whatever could be easily done.

Choosing factions could be simple, and theres tons of finished factions on the hive, not to mention the vanilla ones already available through the world editor, meaning balancing out a whole new set of factions shouldn’t be necessary.

You could even give your cities an inventory for storing units just like in the old HoMM game.

Just a thought I'd share.

I think using floating texts to determine the stack numbers would be preferable, this way you can see the original stats of a footman, and simply multiply it by it's stack number. Those calculations could be done via multiboard as well, displaying the damage you will deal to a highlighted target. You might also be able to display unit order like in HoMM5 and up in the multiboard as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.