• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Might and Magic TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I am currently working on a Heroes of Might and Magic Tower Defense map.
And it's the third game in the series I am specializing in.
I want this to be something special, something new! :D
I got the basic Wintermaul terrain structure, but I want to implent some cool stuff to make a bit extra.

I wonder if any of you guys know of a easy way to make a function to upgrade a building, where you upgrade all towers of the same type at once, and when you build a new structure, it will still be the upgraded sort, like the watch towers in Age Of Mythology, if you've tried it :p

If you've played the Homm games you might know that some of the creatures got the ability "Attack Twice", like the marksman and the crusader in the Castle team.

I read a tutorial of making a spell like the "Geminate Attack" from the DotA hero, Nerubian Weaver. I was thinking that maybe the upgraded structure of Marksman and Crusader would have some ability like that, to make them similar to the creatures in the Heroes games. I didn't get it to work though :/

And if you know the Ghost Dragons ability "Aging" where he cuts down the max hp to half of the current value, I thought of making some spell for that too, pretty similar the spell Gengar got in Pokemaul (if you've played it) :D

I know I'm not first with the idea, but I haven't seen any really good Heroes TD, so I will try giving it a shot, as my first World Editor project.

So what do you think about it? Please come with suggestions and ideas to make it more "cool". I am very innovative :)

Level 15
Well, i do have some knowledge in this kind of stuff, so i'll help you.

1) The upgrade one thing all upgrade
If you are talking about stuff like the troll berserker upgrade, just give the unit an edited version of the skill berserk, change the unit type u want it to change to, and copy the upgrade berseker upgrade or wateva, then just edit whatever needs editing. Finally, create a trigger to set the research level of that to 2 whenever you upgrade a unit producing structure (e.g. Graveyard to wateva its upgrade is, causing vampires to become vampire lords)

2) The attack twice
If I'm not wrong, you could copy the orb ability from orb of lightning, change the skill that has a chance to activate to "Attack" (theres really such a skill) and set the percentage to wateva you wan.

3) Finally, the last spell can be easily made by triggers (In GUI since i can guess you don't know JASS) just create a trigger with the
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Aging
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) / 2.00)%
Thats about it, wish you luck in your project, PM me if you need more help :D

Did you add to my reputation? if so thx :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.