• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Aeon of Strife] Heroes of Middle Earth

Next Hero

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
204016-albums8044-picture95766.png

by GIMLI_2

204016-albums8044-picture95762.png

Heroes of Middle Earth is a 5v5 MOBA/AoS type of game based on Tolkiens "Lord of the Rings".

-Tactical battlefield with 3 lanes
Also contains neutral creeps, upcliff feature and treehide

-6 custom abilities for each hero
-> 5 abilities to skill
-3 active
-1 passive
-1 active ultimate

-> 1 passive base ability

-Custom items with recipe system
Recipe Items are all contained in the LotR lore

-Special features
I want to add special features like "The one Ring" as an item event to have a difference to other MOBAS like DotA or LoL

204016-albums8044-picture95764.png

204016-albums8044-picture95763.jpg

204016-albums8044-picture95765.png

15.03.2015 - Finished Gimli
14.03.2015 - Created Thread

Until now, there is noting to show besides 1 hero that is nearly finised - stay tuned!

204016-albums8044-picture95777.png

The Team:
GIMLI_2 --- Lead designer, Coder
MoOse --- Art design, Ideas

Credits:
-Hueter (Gimli skin)

If someone wants to contribute to this project, pm me!

Last edited:
Level 17
I love the ability of throwing axe ... keep working !
thank you! i will. i need some more poll results to finally decide which hero comes next.

edit: i decided that today is the last day to vote for the new hero because i need to continue fast.
until now it would be aragorn, gandalf and theoden with 2 votes each. i'd prefer gandalf in this case because i already got a strength hero and want to go for intelligence or agility.

Last edited:
AoS maps are not really a thing anymore in warcraft except for dota
Try to add some more special features to the game. Come up with original ideas for the game. Also, think about what players like and what is fun to do. Do people like spammy and cool looking effects? I think yes. Do we like a targeted Strike ability? I think not.
Anyway, good luck with your map, I was just thinking out loud as many AoS maps nowadays have barely anything new

Level 17
AoS maps are not really a thing anymore in warcraft except for dota
Try to add some more special features to the game. Come up with original ideas for the game. Also, think about what players like and what is fun to do. Do people like spammy and cool looking effects? I think yes. Do we like a targeted Strike ability? I think not.
Anyway, good luck with your map, I was just thinking out loud as many AoS maps nowadays have barely anything new

i think too many effects is bad. it's more important if the ability itself is simple or not. i'll try to find a good mixture.

i will add special features because of the reason that it could be too similar with other AoS maps. i already mentioned that in my main post.

thanks for your reply!

Level 17
ok i will go for gandalf and the next one will be legolas. i have many ideas for both of them, so they won't take too long.

Edit:

Ability 1: Gandalf bursts light out of his body, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies, throws them back and silences them.

Ability 2: Shines a light ray at the targeted location, giving enemies 100% miss attack and slows them.

Ability 3: Shields a friendly target, blocking x amount of incoming damage.

Ability 4(Passive): Whenever Gandalf uses a spell, he will deal bonus magic damage on his next attack.

Ability 5(ultimate): Gandalf calls the Eagles to support him in battle. They are flying around Gandalf randomly and attack enemies.

Ability6(Base Passive): Nearby allies regenerate mana

those are the abilities that were in my mind. i'm open for suggestions

Last edited:
Level 17
i thought about the abilities again and i think i will change some of them. the "locust swarm ulti" and the shield is pretty boring, so i thought about making the shield as his ultimate, but modified:
gandalf creates a light bubble around him which nullifies damage dealt to allies that are inside the bubble and returns a percentage to the damage source. the shield lasts x seconds and has a certain amount of damage it can block.

edit: i actually have a better idea only damage from outside of the bubble gets prevented, enemies that are inside the bubble get silenced

Level 24
Read all Tolkien books related to middle earth and add as many characters you can find.
I am not quite sure but I thought that the story starts with "The Children of Húrin".

Just go to this website and pick them one by one and search in google the names + characters.
For most of them, you should find a link to this website which has most of the basic characters.
Pick a few for every race for every role for every ... whatever and add them to a <to-do> list.

Also, you might want to finish the basics for an AoS before making the heroes.
When I make an AoS, I start with the laning structure -> minion spawn -> victory/defeat -> creeps -> heroes -> items -> global spells -> bonus features -> everything else.
I don't say that this is THE best order but it helped me a lot.

There also was an AoS of middle earth called Guardians of Middle-Earth by Monolith & Warner Bros.
You could take a look at that one for characters, abilities, other nice stuff.
Might be helpfull.

Level 17
i played guardians of middle earth, however it has a really bad balancing and is buggy as hell :/ thats why i want to create my own one

about the heroes, i will add as much as possible, i just need a fitting model :)
you're right, i shouldnt start with creating heroes, i will do 3 heroes for each side before i start with the actual AoS mechanics and the map.

thanks for your comment ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.