• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Genesia

Heroes of Genesia

It an action type campaign taking place in Genesia lore.
This version feature :
5 missions
1 minigame
14 playable characters.
Highly destructible environnement
Outstanding sepcial effect.
You can replay the campaign without reseting your character progress.
More mission,more characters and more minigame will be added in the future versions.

Gameplay
You choose a hero in the character selection map.You will start next mission with selected hero.
The game plays like a Beat'em All/RTS. :)
Use A key to perform an attack and D key to trigger a special attack.
Use different suit of A and D combo to perform different special attack.
Kill the Boss to complete a mission.

Credits :
A credit has been added in game.
Musics are from Dynasty warrior 6 by Koei.
Minigame music by JinNjuice from newgrounds.
Credit music by E.S Posthumus.

Pictures :

70dfdbf71faa865b4e5d76b6c1be2878_14441.gif
110195-albums1900-picture14440.html
df1decab697503d0bdaebb73de87c944_14442.gif
00fc86f9268ae145f88979addac21a6a_14448.gif
f62e9eb3777508beec67e1c5b0849543_14443.gif
f993640511ee0f980c1e660d918bec79_14444.gif
38656dd00dfee8e89b23d067d1f2c3b5_14446.gif
4fdf010517fa87d8bf78421a4c2ddbae_14447.gif

The campaign require Jassnewgenpack to be opened in world edit.

Changelog :

-custom font removed (it cause war3 fatal error)

-Fixed some other fatal error (nearly fatal error free just some rare bug occurs sometimes)
-Added a new destructible pillar in mission 3
-You're no more able to scroll during intro cinematic
-Modified terrain in Mission 1 and Mission 3
-Modified Kaï ultimate a bit.

-Added a new character Arachna
-Added a new mission

-Fixed a bug with the campaign screen (sometime it reset model and music upon saving dunno why..)

-Added 5 new characters : Ketzual, Gnaraya, Drillmo, Pharaoh, Mushura.
-Remade Shark ultimate.
-Improved terrain in mission 3 and 4.
-Improved character selection screen.
-No longer crash after completing a mission.You have to manualy quit.
-Increased experience requiered to level a little bit.
-no longer play tutorial in first mission if you already played the game.
-Remade map description in loading screen.

-Added Mission 5
-Added Credit map

-Added Army creator
-You can now create an army that will help you in mission using your gold.
-Added an hidden bonus gold coin in each level.
-Improved AI.Using attack no longer perma aggro enemies.

-Fixed Bugged army creator

-Some enemy have a ranged attack vs hero
-updated some effect and models
-improved army creator

Infos :
You use A and D hotkey to play.If these hotkeys are not compatible with your localized Wc3 version you are allowed to edit the campaign just to change hotkey.

Character saved from previous version are compatible with this version.However if you want to have access to new character you will have to reset character stats by click New game button.

I had to emergency fix the Buggy Army creator.Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wishe to help :

If you played the game you may notice horrible custom icon with smudge abuse that hurt your eyes.Those are made by me.If you wishe to make a better quality icon I will gladly use them.

I'd need a cool looking custom loading screen as well.If you wishe to make one I will gladly use it as well.

Keywords:
Heroes of Genesia, Callahan, Campaign
Contents

Heroes of Genesia (Campaign)

Reviews
23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities. Approved! Read my full review here.
Level 12
I've played this. It's really amazing but there a a few lack things. First, I think the campaign is not complete yet. Because story is ending at fisherman village :( but there's an interesting stone called in story. So you should make a few more chapters I think (and I hope, I WANT!). And few heroes and stuff have bugs. Sometimes it gives fatal error and ultimate of shark makes him freeze at many areas. And you should make carriable pots too, here or there. And when you finish the mission with a character, there aren't any new unlocked characters at character selection map. I think this map desires muchher things. Please keep it improved.

Level 2
Hello, for some reason when i played this game some abillitys didn't work like one of the turtle's abillitys. also i'd like to know how/when are we going to be able to play as thos unaviable characters.

Level 3
this is just AWSOME the only problem is that tere isnt enough level and the story is incomplete : They fight demons in the hope to finde the genesis stone (or smthing like that) but they dont find anything at all ...

Level 6
it's not yet finished.

i wish there's some type of boss, maybe some people who have already gotten the genesis stone, or people who wanted to get it. then let's make kim betray them because she wanted the stone for herself. and the last boss would be like a guardian or a god that protects the stone.

Level 12
Crashed after minigame...

Health imbalances...

Chapter 3 grammar mistake:

Wrong:
Go and slay the demon who cause all these trouble.
Right:
Go and slay the demon who causes all of this trouble.

Chapter 4 grammar mistake:

Wrong:
After hearing the wind of your exploit, Kim a young eastern woman asked you...
Right:
After hearing the wind of your exploit, Kim, a young eastern woman, asked you...

Wrong: asked you to help her against an unholy alliance of undead and sea creatures army...
Right: asked you to help her by fighting against an army of an unholy alliance of undead and sea creatures...

At the start of chapter 4, hero says They have spotted us!
Put a space from the ! and the next word.

Can't be bothered saying any more because there are so many.

Last edited:
Level 13
JEEEZ...manstie? if you are so inteligent , why you won't go make your own pwnass game? and for the others...i believe that Callahan is working hard on this map so dont post things like "Miss more chapters , Crashed , why cant i play for the undone character" and etc...

Level 21
Manstie pointed out some grammar mistakes that aren't going to kill anyone, but should be fixed.
It ruins the gameplay for some people.

( I, personally, dislike games with grammar mistakes! )
( Yeah, I do not leave spaces between the last word in a sentence and the marks! )
( It's not really necessary... :razz: )

Thanks Apple for Safari's excellent spell checker!

Level 12
JEEEZ...manstie? if you are so intelligent , why you won't go make your own pwnass game? and for the others...i believe that Callahan is working hard on this map so don't post things like "Miss more chapters , Crashed , why cant i play for the undone character" and etc...
I was just pointing it out, and things like these need fixing to make the best game.
And, I was kind of tired there too...

He even repped me for it...
hogrep.png

BTW: I looked through the map to see how you did it all, and I saw some "Do Nothing" actions... Don't use them, because they waste processing time.

Last edited:
Level 4
The internet connection is kinda slow now so I'm in the middle of download but this campaign looks freakin awesome! really love the way you put screenshot in your signature!(and they are(the screenshots in your sig) super cool in my opinion)

Can't wait to play ;)

Level 1
I have heaps of fatal errors, depending on the hero i play already in the second mission.

The story is... not existing and even the tiny amounts of text have spelling errors.

Fenris/Rwolf suck hard due to their terrible health. Everyone else seems too powerfull, since once you have a decent aoe attack, you just spam that one till all eternity and let the ai tank.

The blink-like spells are completely broken and allow you to jump over fully impassable terrain even out of the map.

The terrain and the design is pretty decent, lots of destructible surrounding, flashy spells, though it sometimes gets confusing.

Way too much ai-"creeps" on your side. It even starts lagging in the last level and my PC is decent.

It's a nice hack'n'slay adaption, the fighting system is kinda cool (some more variety for a slight strategic aspect would be nice) though i had sometimes issues with executing a spell several times after each other while standing still, but completely lacks difficulty or strategy or variety and then the fatal errors (but that seems only happen to me...) made look much worse than it actually could be.

Level 12
I have heaps of fatal errors, depending on the hero i play already in the second mission.

The story is... not existing and even the tiny amounts of text have spelling errors.

Fenris/Rwolf suck hard due to their terrible health. Everyone else seems too powerfull, since once you have a decent aoe attack, you just spam that one till all eternity and let the ai tank.

The blink-like spells are completely broken and allow you to jump over fully impassable terrain even out of the map.

The terrain and the design is pretty decent, lots of destructible surrounding, flashy spells, though it sometimes gets confusing.

Way too much ai-"creeps" on your side. It even starts lagging in the last level and my PC is decent.

It's a nice hack'n'slay adaption, the fighting system is kinda cool (some more variety for a slight strategic aspect would be nice) though i had sometimes issues with executing a spell several times after each other while standing still, but completely lacks difficulty or strategy or variety and then the fatal errors (but that seems only happen to me...) made look much worse than it actually could be.

I have fatal errors too. But all these things that you've negatively mentioned about are simple lacks. Mapmaker should fix them later versions, it is still beta stage and these things that you are mentioning are able to seen easily, I think...

Level 4
Is it just me, or Jabai's overpowered? He has it all : moderate health, powerful attack, good amount of mana, and super-powerful skills. I finished the campaign using him and it was very easy.

Anyway, this campaign is simple yet fun! I am hoping to see new missions in the next update!

by the way, how can I use the locked characters?

Level 6
Is it just me, or Jabai's overpowered? He has it all : moderate health, powerful attack, good amount of mana, and super-powerful skills. I finished the campaign using him and it was very easy.

Anyway, this campaign is simple yet fun! I am hoping to see new missions in the next update!

by the way, how can I use the locked characters?

you can't they're unfinished heroes.

Level 10
The English could use some fixes here and there, and the map fatal errors on me after I complete the first mission. Gameplay wise it's pretty good though, don't like a couple of the heroes but the destructive environment and abilities are pretty cool. Also the combo system seems a little unresponsive, it'd be nice if you could que commands. (i.e. press A then D and have it do the special attack once it finishes A) right now I'm pressing A then mass pressing the D button to special, and for the A-A-D specials it's much harder to do because you have to time them. A que system would be nice but unnecessary, as it works right now just it seems a little unresponsive.

-Teld

great work so far, I can't really rate it though due to my inability to play through it because of crashes.

Level 2
Just dled this and I have to say, the destructable enviroment and spells look astounding, but I feel there is something...lacking in this, im not sure what it is though.

Level 14
Positives:
Overall I really enjoyed the unique gameplay style in this game, and the heroes feel varied enough for me to want to try them all. The A and D key method of casting was fantastic and good fun, while the Right Clicking method of getting to face targets felt intuitive and fluid. The Destructible terrain added a great deal of eye candy and there was good use of custom models and special effects.

Negatives:
An obvious lack of grammar and spelling checks, though as English isnn't your first language, this is excusable in the early stages.
The story was explained quite nicely (except the "this world is bullshit!" part - really killed the mood) but there was absolutely no evidence of any story in the game play itself.
Each mission was exactly the same thing as the one before: There's a bunch of stuff, go kill it, game ends when you kill a big guy.
The game could do with some items too!
Another thing that annoyed me was that when the hero uses their normal attack on an enemy, it attacked you forever until you or it died, and this was incredibly bad for the lower health heroes like the 2 wolves.

Overall:
3.5/5 ====Rounded to====> 4.

There's a great game concept here, but more emphasis needs to be placed on the story, and less on the spell effects and abilities - though they are pretty amazing.

Cool map, a WC3 brawler.

Both times I've tried playing Castle Defense with Jabai, it froze my WC3 at a random point into the mission...typically after using Furor.
I'm aware of that issue.
I've fixed it.
But i didn't released the version where it's fixed yet.
I want to have a lot of new contents before releasing next version.

Level 9
I've dled this a long time ago, it crashed in the second map, but I now played it again with a diff char (the bull-tauren hero) and I really liked it, finished fisherman village, after 3 tries that is, and I wished there were more levels, I really liked this game, and want to see more

Terrain: 5/5
Gameplay: 5/5
-Spells: 5/5
-Bugfree: 4/5
-flexible gameplay: 4/5
+1 for combo system
+1 for destructable envirment
Originality: 5/5
Bugfree: 4/5

I don't even know why I bother this list, this map gets a 5v5 no matter what flaws it has

Level 4
I did download this cause it seems to be awesome with all that things you destroy and so, but i cant play it, i did put the mapain in the campain file on warcraft and even tried put it in maps, erm how can i make it work? =P

Level 8
:infl_thumbs_up: I like ===>

- The fight system of the campaign, damn funny and well done !
- SFX are freakin' great !
- The different characters and their abilities which does not looks like each other (I played the campaign with 5 different characters :D)
- The music fits very well with the atmosphere of the campaign.

:spell_breaker: I don't like ===>

- The story : At the beginning it starts like something very interesting, but in fact, there is no really cinematics or something to describe the story. The main good point of this campaign is also the bad point : It's only fighting and almost no dialogues, almost nothing about the characters and the story itself.
- Loading screens should be customized instead of keeping the old wc3 ones. The description texts should also be improved.
- A little too chaotic in fight, it's quite tiring after 30 minutes ^^''
-

:nemor: Overall ===>
The SFX, abilities and fight system are epic enough to grant this campaign a good rating. With some cinematics describing the story between some levels, it would be godlike :D
But after all, you mayby voluntary focused the meaning of this campaign on fight, i'm just telling my own opinion ;)

Level 4
Wow, pretty pro map even if the combos don't always work when they're available (might just be my computer :/). Unique gameplay and brilliant characters/abilities.

Level 1
This may be a idea if you got time (after fixing the crashes if it is possible).
My idea :
Make for exemple tree u destroy (thus fall) get a impact... i mean that it deals dmg to the units it fells on. Tought it would be funny, cuz it happens alot whit me that i crash a tree on enemy units :D.

(my first post) and i didn't read all the other comments cuz it takes about 5 mins to charge a hives workshop page and there are 13 pages of comments...

Last edited: