• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Genesia

Heroes of Genesia

It an action type campaign taking place in Genesia lore.
This version feature :
5 missions
1 minigame
14 playable characters.
Highly destructible environnement
Outstanding sepcial effect.
You can replay the campaign without reseting your character progress.
More mission,more characters and more minigame will be added in the future versions.

Gameplay
You choose a hero in the character selection map.You will start next mission with selected hero.
The game plays like a Beat'em All/RTS. :)
Use A key to perform an attack and D key to trigger a special attack.
Use different suit of A and D combo to perform different special attack.
Kill the Boss to complete a mission.

Credits :
A credit has been added in game.
Musics are from Dynasty warrior 6 by Koei.
Minigame music by JinNjuice from newgrounds.
Credit music by E.S Posthumus.

Pictures :

70dfdbf71faa865b4e5d76b6c1be2878_14441.gif
110195-albums1900-picture14440.html
df1decab697503d0bdaebb73de87c944_14442.gif
00fc86f9268ae145f88979addac21a6a_14448.gif
f62e9eb3777508beec67e1c5b0849543_14443.gif
f993640511ee0f980c1e660d918bec79_14444.gif
38656dd00dfee8e89b23d067d1f2c3b5_14446.gif
4fdf010517fa87d8bf78421a4c2ddbae_14447.gif

The campaign require Jassnewgenpack to be opened in world edit.

Changelog :

-custom font removed (it cause war3 fatal error)

-Fixed some other fatal error (nearly fatal error free just some rare bug occurs sometimes)
-Added a new destructible pillar in mission 3
-You're no more able to scroll during intro cinematic
-Modified terrain in Mission 1 and Mission 3
-Modified Kaï ultimate a bit.

-Added a new character Arachna
-Added a new mission

-Fixed a bug with the campaign screen (sometime it reset model and music upon saving dunno why..)

-Added 5 new characters : Ketzual, Gnaraya, Drillmo, Pharaoh, Mushura.
-Remade Shark ultimate.
-Improved terrain in mission 3 and 4.
-Improved character selection screen.
-No longer crash after completing a mission.You have to manualy quit.
-Increased experience requiered to level a little bit.
-no longer play tutorial in first mission if you already played the game.
-Remade map description in loading screen.

-Added Mission 5
-Added Credit map

-Added Army creator
-You can now create an army that will help you in mission using your gold.
-Added an hidden bonus gold coin in each level.
-Improved AI.Using attack no longer perma aggro enemies.

-Fixed Bugged army creator

-Some enemy have a ranged attack vs hero
-updated some effect and models
-improved army creator

Infos :
You use A and D hotkey to play.If these hotkeys are not compatible with your localized Wc3 version you are allowed to edit the campaign just to change hotkey.

Character saved from previous version are compatible with this version.However if you want to have access to new character you will have to reset character stats by click New game button.

I had to emergency fix the Buggy Army creator.Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wishe to help :

If you played the game you may notice horrible custom icon with smudge abuse that hurt your eyes.Those are made by me.If you wishe to make a better quality icon I will gladly use them.

I'd need a cool looking custom loading screen as well.If you wishe to make one I will gladly use it as well.

Keywords:
Heroes of Genesia, Callahan, Campaign
Contents

Heroes of Genesia (Campaign)

Reviews
23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities. Approved! Read my full review here.
Level 3
that would be cool a new char btw i finally was able to play its very nice i found only one bug that gets annoying after the minigame lumberjack after its completed first time i get a war3 error dunno if it does it every time u play it cause i only did it once

I do not allow you to steal my ressource and I'm glad you're too noob to open the campaign.
So much for good manners...
1st - when opening the campaign I have weird errors and WE cashes ... if you say it is not protected, then perhaps it uses JNGP... or WEU...
2nd - you seem to have problems understanding what people say, so I repeat it: I am NOT stealing your resources. Get over it. If I use them I will credit you or your project (wherever you choose).

Last edited:
So much for good manners...
1st - when opening the campaign I have weird errors and WE cashes ... if you say it is not protected, then perhaps it uses JNGP...
2nd - you seem to have problems understanding what people say, so I repeat it: I am NOT stealing your stupid resources. Get over it. If I use them I will credit you or your project (wherever you choose).

I think he did all the models for his campaign, and only for his campaign. He don't want to publish the stuff, so this campaign is unique

if you want this model, just download it, and if Callahan doesn't want to publish his models, than he doesn't have to. It's his decision.
and he took some models from this site, they were published, so you can download them, but the models in his campaign are for himself.
The reason why I am insisting is because I think he got the wrong idea about me. He thinks that if I use his work, I will simply steal it without any respect nor credit. Such is not the case, I want him to understand that I don't mind making a deal if necessary, I will credit him, and if he wants I can even put a link to his project on my project. Win - win for everyone.
If however, he still refuses, then I am afraid I will have to leave it here...

It's not with JNGP mmmm I am almost sure it must be with WEU or UMSWE.

Last edited:
If you extract a ressource from the campaign that is not already published then it's stealing no matter if you give credit or not.
Assuming you won't give any permissions, and assuming that you are also not available for any kind of possible deal/agreement, I respectfully thank for your time spared and I also leave this matter here.

Level 11
Downloading, will check it when i finish map playing currently, looks promising.

EDIT: If his maps are protected I will deprotet them and take a look of all models :D . But dont worry I wont use them, copy them, or share them in any way :D .

EDIT: put custom sounds man :D .

Last edited:
I played it, its very cool, it remembers me Golden Axe, but the bad things are:

- Game is too short. Short levels, and just 3..
- The only goal of the game is going forward and assit your friends to kill enemies. No puzzles, no quests like save prisoners, etc.. game is just about hackin'n'slashing.

I loved the fight system.
I making an update with a new epic mission and a new character.
I also consider adding more diversified objectives.I like the idea of saving prisoners.
I'll release it tomorrow maybe.I just need to finish 2 spells for the new character.

Level 2
Amazing campaign here, Callahan.

I liked the whole hack'n'slash feel, and it kinda felt like a fighter at points (character selection and mini-game).

The rock style of music even made the whole campaign feel like Dynasty Warriors 4 all over again.

Just about the only thing I wasn't happy with was being able to climb up cliffs with character abilities. At least it's not "exploitable", but I guess that can't be changed. ):

I give it a 4/5.

Level 14
Hey man awesome campaign. Really enjoyed it although it was rather short.

The game crashed for me at the end. I reached level 20, then killed last boss, it said "Character Saved". Moments later it gave fatal. I was the robot guy.

Anyway good work man, was really unique. Loved the music. 4/5 for me and +rep.

Last edited:
well, tested the new version, and I have to say: it was hard!
there was nothing to heal (no shamans(healer) or red orbs)
but I like the new character... nice lvl 20 skill :p
and the terrain between the bamboo sticks and the fishing village is not very good, only one tileset, and no doodads/destructables.
You should work a little bit on the fishing village mission.
and in the fishing village, it lags, because of the many units :/
hope you make more :D

well, tested the new version, and I have to say: it was hard!
there was nothing to heal (no shamans(healer) or red orbs)
but I like the new character... nice lvl 20 skill :p
and the terrain between the bamboo sticks and the fishing village is not very good, only one tileset, and no doodads/destructables.
You should work a little bit on the fishing village mission.
and in the fishing village, it lags, because of the many units :/
hope you make more :D
If it lags it's you're comp.Wc3 is an old game and should be runned smoothly with a decent computer.Also deactivate always show hp bar because it make more lags.
Well people were complaigning it was too easy and i think they're right.
There's plenty of orb to heal they're just hidden in jar or something.
Considering you can repeat mission to lvl up it can never get hard forever.

Level 21
Awesome and extremely funny campaign.
I played with Dr.Frantz.
At the Lumberjack minigame, after the timer ran off and the camera finished it's rotation, the game stuck for half a second and then I woke up in the desktop. The Warcraft crashed so fast... I cannot even close an explorer window that fast, Lol!

Level 1
Ok Awesome Game but again like other people said war3 error at the end of fisher village but i got my character saved and like the new guy cant wait to see wat the other new ones have instore for us. ;)

Level 8
I played through it as Arachna, and got to the Fisher Village. after killing the boss, it saved, and crashed.
Reset, played as Jabai. Second mission, boss kill, save, crash.
Honestly I have no clue what's going on.

Callahan said:
It's probably something about the cache since it crash after saving character.
Tahril said:
I played through it as Arachna, and got to the Fisher Village. after killing the boss, it saved, and crashed.
Reset, played as Jabai. Second mission, boss kill, save, crash.
he knows it, that the game crashes after saving the character, and he pointed out, why.
I think he will try to fix it.

Level 14
Got a fatal error after completeing the first map. However this was awesome.

Are you still working on World of Genesia tho?

@syltman: Yes i'm still working on it but won't update anytime soon.
I'm planning to add new characters, mission , minigame and new type of map wich is boss battle where you fight a boss that fight the same way of playable characters in 1v1.

@vercas: Yeah but this is Heroes of genesia it's 2 different project.

Level 16
Err. its great, awsum map. :) i tried and i liked it a lot! :D 5/5
I'd like to mention that on the map "Haunted castle" i got a crash, somewhere on the third wave of the fight.. :/ while i was using abilities. i had the dragon hero with phoenix sword :p. im wandering if im the only one who got that crash? :S