1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Heroes of Genesia

Submitted by Callahan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Heroes of Genesia

It an action type campaign taking place in Genesia lore.
This version feature :
5 missions
1 minigame
14 playable characters.
Highly destructible environnement
Outstanding sepcial effect.
You can replay the campaign without reseting your character progress.
More mission,more characters and more minigame will be added in the future versions.

Gameplay
You choose a hero in the character selection map.You will start next mission with selected hero.
The game plays like a Beat'em All/RTS. :)
Use A key to perform an attack and D key to trigger a special attack.
Use different suit of A and D combo to perform different special attack.
Kill the Boss to complete a mission.

Credits :
A credit has been added in game.
Musics are from Dynasty warrior 6 by Koei.
Minigame music by JinNjuice from newgrounds.
Credit music by E.S Posthumus.

Pictures :

Picture
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The campaign require Jassnewgenpack to be opened in world edit.

Changelog :

Changelog
-custom font removed (it cause war3 fatal error)

-Fixed some other fatal error (nearly fatal error free just some rare bug occurs sometimes)
-Added a new destructible pillar in mission 3
-You're no more able to scroll during intro cinematic
-Modified terrain in Mission 1 and Mission 3
-Modified Kaï ultimate a bit.

-Added a new character Arachna
-Added a new mission

-Fixed a bug with the campaign screen (sometime it reset model and music upon saving dunno why..)

-Added 5 new characters : Ketzual, Gnaraya, Drillmo, Pharaoh, Mushura.
-Remade Shark ultimate.
-Improved terrain in mission 3 and 4.
-Improved character selection screen.
-No longer crash after completing a mission.You have to manualy quit.
-Increased experience requiered to level a little bit.
-no longer play tutorial in first mission if you already played the game.
-Remade map description in loading screen.

-Added Mission 5
-Added Credit map

-Added Army creator
-You can now create an army that will help you in mission using your gold.
-Added an hidden bonus gold coin in each level.
-Improved AI.Using attack no longer perma aggro enemies.

-Fixed Bugged army creator

-Some enemy have a ranged attack vs hero
-updated some effect and models
-improved army creator

Infos :
You use A and D hotkey to play.If these hotkeys are not compatible with your localized Wc3 version you are allowed to edit the campaign just to change hotkey.

Character saved from previous version are compatible with this version.However if you want to have access to new character you will have to reset character stats by click New game button.

I had to emergency fix the Buggy Army creator.Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wishe to help :

If you played the game you may notice horrible custom icon with smudge abuse that hurt your eyes.Those are made by me.If you wishe to make a better quality icon I will gladly use them.

I'd need a cool looking custom loading screen as well.If you wishe to make one I will gladly use it as well.

Keywords:
Heroes of Genesia, Callahan, Campaign
Contents

Heroes of Genesia (Campaign)

Reviews
23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities. Approved! Read my full review here.
  1. Telgar

Telgar

Resources:
    Resources:
    first time replying

first time replying with a map before, but i just had to do it for this one. This map was very original and the idea is something I have never seen in a WC3 map before. That's something very hard to do these days. I played through the game with only one character so far (Kai) but I've played 2 others through the first two levels to see their abilities (arachna, and fenir?). Throughout the entire game I only got one fatal error, and that was from arachna on the end of the second level right after the character was saved. Other then that no errors or problems, and since it happened after the save, the error was a minor inconvenience that can be overlooked. It is a beta after all.

I noticed that you have to let the attack animations go through fully before performing the next piece of the combo. You should mention that in the opening tutorial and that would help people with having problems at first trying to pull off their first A - D combo and it not working. Also the game is very Dynasty Warriorish. I have always loved that game, but the one thing that kept it going was not the hack n slash, but the variety to the hack n slash.

The cut scenes in the beginning of every battle, if you scripted a few more of those in for the bosses you encounter each battle, maybe a plot twist or two from time to time like you did in the fisher village when help came, it would bring a little more spice and make the game more interesting. Reinforcements, battlements you have to fight against and tear down, maybe a siege requiring you to destroy blockades or tear down a tower, etc would give the game some variety to the "Charge in, kill, advance" formula you got going. Also, the enemies should be just as much of a "wow" as your heroes and allies. Give them some abilities, and the bosses some skills just like the hero scripted. It should be easier to give them the ability then the heroes.

All ideas to help you out. The game just needs a bit of variety added to it. otherwise this game is amazing so far. I would recommend you make more missions first and foremost over everything else though. No new characters, no new modes, just more missions. That is whats going to make or break your map right now, and until you focus on periodic mission updates its going to suffer from lack of re playability or pulling in people that don't often play betas. Trust me we have enough heroes to go through already missions is the priority.

As a beta, 5/5
    As a game, 4/5 until more missions are up, and fatal errors are fixed
    And for christ sake, you don't need more heroes o_O

2. Surge

Surge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well one I agree with the ideas. It will start acting like a real dynasty warriors experince (Destroying Blockades-Ambushes-etc) which is a good game but u shud add like a hero (exp-Lu Bu) who is in certain parts of the game that is in the oppsite team and you have to fight him or something.

These again ideas and its your game-also u got a great game in the future when its complete.:smile:

3. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Add an option that we can lock the camera to the chracter. And with turtles' first and third combo you can get over cliffs and.. everything.

Also, whats the point of having so many allies and enemies. My fps was below 5 on the panda fishing place.

4. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Same with Kai's second ability.

5. R.e.A.p.E.r-XxX

R.e.A.p.E.r-XxX

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey i was playing right now whit the dragon hero i used the 2nd power on the fish village and it got crashed

6. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah, i've got this crash too, everyone got this crash, i think. Damn Crash!!!
    I've got it wen i was at the bonus mission: Lumberjack, i've used the spell, than... CRASH!!!!

7. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great to hear. Will you in the future upload the fighting system that Heroes of Genesia uses here on hive?

edit: Or upload it in anyway?

8. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I never said I'll upload a fighting system.
    Trigger I use in my campaign is not even MPI since it's singleplayer.
    I just said I'll implement boss fight in this campaign.
    I you need a fighting system there's a request forum.

9. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It'd be more interesting if you could block, parry and/or evade attacks with one or few spells. I mean a spell that ist a combo. And the map is mostly about spamming your aoe combos... because there are mass units.

10. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    that's why I love this campaign . I really like games, where you only have to kill endless enemies with destructive aoe spells. :p

11. Ozgarath

Ozgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks very cool in the screen caps. Gotta test this! :)

12. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's unique and awesome.

13. Hevenblood

Hevenblood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reminds me of a game called Mu Online. The abilities. haven't played it yet. Looks cool.

14. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    ...The gameplay is AWESOME! And the abilities are insane too... Fix the typos and it will be perfect. 4/5

EDIT: Eh, you can go trough cliffs with Willy's first spell? Also, what's with the camera? Sometimes i cant move it or it stops.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  15. Eccho

Eccho

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am wondering, is this campaign working with the 1.24 patch?

I have been playing it on the 1.24 patch so far and it worked out great.
    However (when playing with the spider, I havent checked with the others anyway), on Hard difficulty (if that matters as well), after the lumber jack mini game, the game crashes by a fatal error. It does not load the next map either, so I guess there could be a sort of conflict perhaps, at the end of that game.

~Eccho~

Edit: You say it's unprotected:p Well, I couldn't even open it in my jngp;o

16. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thx for testing.
    Difficulty doesn't matter (I forgot to disable it).
    And I think fatal error isn't influenced by what character you play.
    It always happens randomly at the end of a mission So I'm pretty sure It's because of game cache upon saving data.
    Also it never happened that when game crashing at the end of the game it doesn't load next map.It always crashed after saving and showing next campaign button.Maybe it's because wc3 memory is exceeded dunno.

17. Eccho

Eccho

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh you're right, the next mission did become available, I didnt see that yesterday night ._.

Anywho, I think Ill play some more today and we'll see how it goes :D I really like it, especially the combo, and the somewhat destructable environment :)

18. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    there is an option inside of the object editor.

But the trick at this map is that Callahan created death animations for each of his doodads to make them destructable.

19. ToonBoomGoblin

ToonBoomGoblin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this campaign the enviroment and effects are great and the custom models are good aswell, the combo system works great. Good map :thumbs_up:

20. Vercas

Vercas

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Please fix Frantz's spells tooltips.
    I'm talking about his second spell, the V drills.
    Numpad 7-7-8?