• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Genesia

Heroes of Genesia

It an action type campaign taking place in Genesia lore.
This version feature :
5 missions
1 minigame
14 playable characters.
Highly destructible environnement
Outstanding sepcial effect.
You can replay the campaign without reseting your character progress.
More mission,more characters and more minigame will be added in the future versions.

Gameplay
You choose a hero in the character selection map.You will start next mission with selected hero.
The game plays like a Beat'em All/RTS. :)
Use A key to perform an attack and D key to trigger a special attack.
Use different suit of A and D combo to perform different special attack.
Kill the Boss to complete a mission.

Credits :
A credit has been added in game.
Musics are from Dynasty warrior 6 by Koei.
Minigame music by JinNjuice from newgrounds.
Credit music by E.S Posthumus.

Pictures :

70dfdbf71faa865b4e5d76b6c1be2878_14441.gif
110195-albums1900-picture14440.html
df1decab697503d0bdaebb73de87c944_14442.gif
00fc86f9268ae145f88979addac21a6a_14448.gif
f62e9eb3777508beec67e1c5b0849543_14443.gif
f993640511ee0f980c1e660d918bec79_14444.gif
38656dd00dfee8e89b23d067d1f2c3b5_14446.gif
4fdf010517fa87d8bf78421a4c2ddbae_14447.gif

The campaign require Jassnewgenpack to be opened in world edit.

Changelog :

-custom font removed (it cause war3 fatal error)

-Fixed some other fatal error (nearly fatal error free just some rare bug occurs sometimes)
-Added a new destructible pillar in mission 3
-You're no more able to scroll during intro cinematic
-Modified terrain in Mission 1 and Mission 3
-Modified Kaï ultimate a bit.

-Added a new character Arachna
-Added a new mission

-Fixed a bug with the campaign screen (sometime it reset model and music upon saving dunno why..)

-Added 5 new characters : Ketzual, Gnaraya, Drillmo, Pharaoh, Mushura.
-Remade Shark ultimate.
-Improved terrain in mission 3 and 4.
-Improved character selection screen.
-No longer crash after completing a mission.You have to manualy quit.
-Increased experience requiered to level a little bit.
-no longer play tutorial in first mission if you already played the game.
-Remade map description in loading screen.

-Added Mission 5
-Added Credit map

-Added Army creator
-You can now create an army that will help you in mission using your gold.
-Added an hidden bonus gold coin in each level.
-Improved AI.Using attack no longer perma aggro enemies.

-Fixed Bugged army creator

-Some enemy have a ranged attack vs hero
-updated some effect and models
-improved army creator

Infos :
You use A and D hotkey to play.If these hotkeys are not compatible with your localized Wc3 version you are allowed to edit the campaign just to change hotkey.

Character saved from previous version are compatible with this version.However if you want to have access to new character you will have to reset character stats by click New game button.

I had to emergency fix the Buggy Army creator.Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wishe to help :

If you played the game you may notice horrible custom icon with smudge abuse that hurt your eyes.Those are made by me.If you wishe to make a better quality icon I will gladly use them.

I'd need a cool looking custom loading screen as well.If you wishe to make one I will gladly use it as well.

Keywords:
Heroes of Genesia, Callahan, Campaign
Contents

Heroes of Genesia (Campaign)

Reviews
23:17, 26th June 2009, by Linaze Entertaining campaign with nice gameplay, rather good terrain and lots of different heroes to pick from, destructible terrain and custom abilities. Approved! Read my full review here.
Level 1
first time replying

first time replying with a map before, but i just had to do it for this one. This map was very original and the idea is something I have never seen in a WC3 map before. That's something very hard to do these days. I played through the game with only one character so far (Kai) but I've played 2 others through the first two levels to see their abilities (arachna, and fenir?). Throughout the entire game I only got one fatal error, and that was from arachna on the end of the second level right after the character was saved. Other then that no errors or problems, and since it happened after the save, the error was a minor inconvenience that can be overlooked. It is a beta after all.

I noticed that you have to let the attack animations go through fully before performing the next piece of the combo. You should mention that in the opening tutorial and that would help people with having problems at first trying to pull off their first A - D combo and it not working. Also the game is very Dynasty Warriorish. I have always loved that game, but the one thing that kept it going was not the hack n slash, but the variety to the hack n slash.

The cut scenes in the beginning of every battle, if you scripted a few more of those in for the bosses you encounter each battle, maybe a plot twist or two from time to time like you did in the fisher village when help came, it would bring a little more spice and make the game more interesting. Reinforcements, battlements you have to fight against and tear down, maybe a siege requiring you to destroy blockades or tear down a tower, etc would give the game some variety to the "Charge in, kill, advance" formula you got going. Also, the enemies should be just as much of a "wow" as your heroes and allies. Give them some abilities, and the bosses some skills just like the hero scripted. It should be easier to give them the ability then the heroes.

All ideas to help you out. The game just needs a bit of variety added to it. otherwise this game is amazing so far. I would recommend you make more missions first and foremost over everything else though. No new characters, no new modes, just more missions. That is whats going to make or break your map right now, and until you focus on periodic mission updates its going to suffer from lack of re playability or pulling in people that don't often play betas. Trust me we have enough heroes to go through already missions is the priority.

As a beta, 5/5
As a game, 4/5 until more missions are up, and fatal errors are fixed
And for christ sake, you don't need more heroes o_O

Level 1
Well one I agree with the ideas. It will start acting like a real dynasty warriors experince (Destroying Blockades-Ambushes-etc) which is a good game but u shud add like a hero (exp-Lu Bu) who is in certain parts of the game that is in the oppsite team and you have to fight him or something.

These again ideas and its your game-also u got a great game in the future when its complete.:smile:

Level 20
Add an option that we can lock the camera to the chracter. And with turtles' first and third combo you can get over cliffs and.. everything.

Also, whats the point of having so many allies and enemies. My fps was below 5 on the panda fishing place.

Level 14
@syltman: Yes i'm still working on it but won't update anytime soon.
I'm planning to add new characters, mission , minigame and new type of map wich is boss battle where you fight a boss that fight the same way of playable characters in 1v1.

Great to hear. Will you in the future upload the fighting system that Heroes of Genesia uses here on hive?

edit: Or upload it in anyway?

Great to hear. Will you in the future upload the fighting system here on hive?

edit: Or upload it in anyway?
I never said I'll upload a fighting system.
Trigger I use in my campaign is not even MPI since it's singleplayer.
I just said I'll implement boss fight in this campaign.
I you need a fighting system there's a request forum.

It'd be more interesting if you could block, parry and/or evade attacks with one or few spells. I mean a spell that ist a combo. And the map is mostly about spamming your aoe combos... because there are mass units.

that's why I love this campaign . I really like games, where you only have to kill endless enemies with destructive aoe spells. :p

Level 14
...The gameplay is AWESOME! And the abilities are insane too... Fix the typos and it will be perfect. 4/5

EDIT: Eh, you can go trough cliffs with Willy's first spell? Also, what's with the camera? Sometimes i cant move it or it stops.

Last edited:
Level 23
I am wondering, is this campaign working with the 1.24 patch?

I have been playing it on the 1.24 patch so far and it worked out great.
However (when playing with the spider, I havent checked with the others anyway), on Hard difficulty (if that matters as well), after the lumber jack mini game, the game crashes by a fatal error. It does not load the next map either, so I guess there could be a sort of conflict perhaps, at the end of that game.

~Eccho~

Edit: You say it's unprotected:p Well, I couldn't even open it in my jngp;o

I am wondering, is this campaign working with the 1.24 patch?

I have been playing it on the 1.24 patch so far and it worked out great.
However (when playing with the spider, I havent checked with the others anyway), on Hard difficulty (if that matters as well), after the lumber jack mini game, the game crashes by a fatal error. It does not load the next map either, so I guess there could be a sort of conflict perhaps, at the end of that game.

~Eccho~

Edit: You say it's unprotected:p Well, I couldn't even open it in my jngp;o
Thx for testing.
Difficulty doesn't matter (I forgot to disable it).
And I think fatal error isn't influenced by what character you play.
It always happens randomly at the end of a mission So I'm pretty sure It's because of game cache upon saving data.
Also it never happened that when game crashing at the end of the game it doesn't load next map.It always crashed after saving and showing next campaign button.Maybe it's because wc3 memory is exceeded dunno.

Level 23
Oh you're right, the next mission did become available, I didnt see that yesterday night ._.

Anywho, I think Ill play some more today and we'll see how it goes :D I really like it, especially the combo, and the somewhat destructable environment :)

Level 2
Great campaign! =D
But me as well got a crash. During the Lumberjack minigame. Ran around slashing down all trees and destroyed 63 of them I got my experience and poof! Fatal error.
The first and the second mission was kind of the same type so I'm looking forward to the next missions now!

Level 25
One of the most entertaining campaigns I've played for WarCraft III. Only advice to improve this is add more levels and more characters to choose from! Other than that, great work. Would be nice to have an update with two or more additional maps to play through. The maps in the campaign right now are so small!

Level 3
MAN AWESOME CAMPAIGN!!!

I read the whole topic... ( yeah, all posts :p)

and i know you read this other time but:

The game crashes many times, i tried and finished it with Arachna, Kaï, Po'Tarank, Dr.Frantz.

So a iguess isn't a character error. I noticed that the games crashes sometimes when i finish a mission that i already ended with the same character, anyway it occours randomly.

But i have to questions:
when the new version comes?
and
there will be an way of uses this version data on a most recent one? maybe an save/load system?

anyway keep working, this is one of best campaigns i played.

Level 2
Here's the rundown.

Spelling/Grammar: 3/10-- Very bad, but I am getting at that you're French? Anyway, get someone to help you with that. Also, very vague and not descriptive enough.

Gameplay: 7/10-- Repetitive, at some points. The fighting system is very original but is kind of annoying, I felt like I was just button mashing A and D. Also, very hard to level at the beginning, because once you pull a mob, pretty much everyone on screen comes to you. But fun altogether.

Originality: 10/10-- Excellent idea and concept. Has a wonderful feel to it. If you could just polish up on the game overall, and you will have a 10/10 on everything. I am not going to go into the destructible environment because I could go for hours. All in all, one of the best things I've ever seen in Warcraft 3.

Bugs: 3 Problems-- Firsts, crashed once or twice out of my three playthroughs, with different characters that got up to level 20 --- altogether 5 1/2 playthroughs. Second, Arachna's second ability worked one out of five times. For some reason it would do the damage, but it wouldn't show the animation. Lastly, only one of the four special abilities of Rwolf's worked, and that was the third one.

Diversity: 6/10 The diversity of the characters were excellent! I loved how drastically different each character was. Although, I felt like some were more neglected then others. For example, Rwolf wasn't as polished or had as an original concept as Arachna. I felt like you just took Cleave from WoW and put it in Rwolf, which is the white one right? This whole time I've been referring to the white one. Anyway, an other thing which made diversity a 6 was missions. No side quests, or main quest for that matter. Everything was kill, kill, kill. You could make the whole campaign better by making a little better by given the player more than one option.

So, altogether here's the score.
26/40 --- So about a 68.5% Not bad, I would suggest this to people. It is a great campaign, it's just those little things that's giving this a 68.5% but it is still good, don't get me wrong. It just needs quite some polishing.

The Sands of Time--15%
??? (Name of campaign)--5%

Level 7
Wow you are a dynasty warriors freak arent you, and on fisher vilage[last mission], I LOVE THAT SONG, I SWEAR WHENEVER I PLAY DW6 ITS ON MY PRIORITY LIST "To play".
IT IS LIKE..SO..WOOT!
Off topic, whenever that songs in my ears, everyone infront of me is, i swear, practically on a death row..i wouldnt be supprised if they were actualy thinking "AHHH, ITS LUBU" [like in battle of hu-lao gate in-Yuan Shu's troops running like pussies and getting cut down like... cuttable things]...:)

Level 2
Looks like a fun game.

Though can you teach me how to make these spells? I'd like to know how.

EDIT: how do you play this? i tried putting it in the maps>download but it doesnt work <_< sorry im a noob

Looks like a fun game.

Though can you teach me how to make these spells? I'd like to know how.

EDIT: how do you play this? i tried putting it in the maps>download but it doesnt work <_< sorry im a noob

Lawl,
1.put it in the campaign folder
2.then open warcraft 3
3.single player
4.then custom campaign. Find heroes of Genesia
REMEMBER! : w3n => Campaign folder

Level 19
There's this skill for Mr. (Something), that guy who looks like a Rat Miner, which needs the Numpad, I can't seem to get it to work even with Num Lock on, and I was using both the Numpad and the normal Numbers, is there any other way to get it to work...?

There's this skill for Mr. (Something), that guy who looks like a Rat Miner, which needs the Numpad, I can't seem to get it to work even with Num Lock on, and I was using both the Numpad and the normal Numbers, is there any other way to get it to work...?
It's a tooltip I forgot to update use A and D key like any other character.

Level 5
If you make the camera locked on the char, that would be enough for me... also i noticed that when you attack, not even hitting anything, all creeps around come to attack the char, and they will chase him until one of them dies, this sometimes piss me off because i need to recover, i end dead because of this. Nothing else that haven't been said here, so i would give a 8/10.

Level 1
This was awesome. I really liked the fight system and with the music it felt like i was actually playing dynasty warriors... with a shark guy. But the point it, it was pretty unique and I enjoyed it. I got a bug though. I used my lvl 20 skill (Mr. Teeth) against the final boss of the fisherman village and I lost control of my shark guy. I couldn't move, attack, anything. I had used Mr. Teeth a few times before that but it didn't freeze my hero til the final boss there.

Level 22
i'd give it a 4\5 its fun theres more than three missions im sure. i got stuck on fisher village those fish piss me off lol. the only think i dont like is the missions are alot alike. but the envirorment is amazing the gameplay is fun but not enough to do. roll out that content.

Level 13
Really original campaign ,but i found a fatal error with the guy that got fast forward skill and lazer skill....i used lazer and then the fast forward skill right after and it fell down...then i went to same level (catacombs) and used that combo again and it fails again...

Also what the hell is DR.Fratz second skill's tooltip => Command : Numpad 7-7-8 ???

Last edited:
Level 6
no ending and mindless attacking... hmm...

I love the custom animations and the part where the terrain can be destroyed. i hate the part where there's no ending. but the game's not finished yet right? 3 heroes are still unavailable. anyway, i got level 20 on the last mission on dr.ritz and it sucked. actually it was cool but the hammer only falls once which deals almost only the same damage as a missile.

one more thing, Mr. Shark's ulti is bugged. I got stucked when i used mr.teeth. and wtf, i got his ult at level 10, weird. too bad i have no screenshot. and it gets stucked when you use the skill again.

arachna's animations are l33t.

Last edited: