• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heroes&Empires Rising 1.6f

A continuation of Heroes and Empires, with news content and code improvements (= better performance)

General :

*Play as an Empire amassing units, citizens and wealth with 5 profiles or play as a lone hero with 3 possibles jobs.
*Ally or slaughter others players, the ultimate goal being killing Kalendren in his fortress.
*Solve quests and stop Kalendren events of being stronger as well as taking the news events to make you stronger.
*Survive as Kalendren will send his troops after you, not wanting you to win.

What new in Rising ?

*Reworked house & aura building system making the game run a lot smoother.
*News units for empires, early airs units and new towers.
*2 New events which can provide help to both Empires or Heroes
*A new spell for worker : Road-Maker, allowing your worker to make whole line of road with two click.
*Lot of codes improvement...
*The possiblity to research technologies in laboratory in chain, allowing player to list their research and letting them focus on others things.
*Power (normally) working again and shouldn't make fatal error happens anymore.

Original by Lord_Squad & FinalLegacy.
Rising by ArnaudB

Authorization and H&E (official) forum can be found at that link :
http://heroesandempire.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=311

Suggestions, bugs, troubles, balance need or Questions ? Feel free to ask !

*Known Troubleshooting*
->On laboratory, something wrong research show, switch page or at worst rebuild the laboratory to fix things (gonna be fixed soon).
->Power don't work the way it should (should be fixed)
+"I can't go over 70 000 citizens !!!"
->That's normal... the more citizens you have, the hardest it's to increase your population (Balance reason).
+"When using Road Maker, my worker sometime does it wrong."
->When 2 worker with Road Maker buffs are too close, sometime the game pick the wrong one.

*New preview and loading Image !
(All thanks to Illidan_Hunter)

*When houses upgrades, citizens are now * 2 to attain the maximum possible, assuming the player has full pop before aging.
*Show Quest now ping Pack Resource & Rare Resource.
*Attempted to fix fire trouble again.
*Happiness bonus is higher for citizens increasement
*Bonus for ResourcePack & RareResource changed, strongly lowered for heroes. (->RareR)
*Command -vf can be used to fix gamespeed to VeryFast, can't be canceled (very useful for solo game)
*TradePoints are now updated when"Activate Bonus" from Pack is used on heroes.
*Rare Resource should normally give Tradepoint now, also exp gained is show.
*Rare Resource periodic bonus is now of 4 second instead of 5 (= bonus come more often)
*Pack Resource have been given a Divine Shield to avoid fast death by Spamming Creeps.
*"Abord Research" Don't remove researchs anymore on tech page.
*Research Movement give now +2% movespeed plus the original +5 movespeed by level.

-Profile Balancing-
*Airplane profile :
>Attack speed Bonus (AS bonus) decreased from 150% to 70%
>Life Bonus is Still 100%

*Tank Profile :
>Attack Speed bonus lowered from 100% to 50%
>Life Bonus increased from 75% to 100%
>Give a special and free upgrade in damage and armor

*Infantry Profile :
>Attack Speed lowered from 50% to 35%
>Life Bonus is still 50%
>Bonus regeneration increased from 0.50 to 0.75
>Added a movement bonus of 10%

*Defence Profile :
>Attack Speed bonus lowered from 50% to 40%
>Life Bonus is still 50%
>Give a special and free upgrade in damage and armor

*Resource profile stay unaffected from now.

*To counter profile reduction, all tech (excluding Destruction) give now +15% attack speed instead of +10% per level.

v1.1->v1.2

General :

*Fixed Image preview trouble, now working correctly and much smaller.
*Once again : Changed the exp gain for RareResource. (waiting for confirmation if it gives tp or not.)

Empires :
*Infantry Profile buff : (I received comment it was too weak compared too others now)
>Attack Speed increased from 35% to 40%
>Life Bonus increased from 50% to 55%
>Bonus regeneration is still 0.75
>Give a special bonus in damage
>Start with +1 movement tech.
*New early unit for empire : The "Scout"
>Invisible, no attack, fast movement speed
>Trained in 'Improved Barrack'
*Cavaleries units are now considered as tank and 'stable' evolves in 'Factory'
*"Knight" (T1 tank unit) :
>Now buildable in 'Stable'
>Require age 10 (enlightment) instead of age 12 (industrial), now require T2 tank
>Stats slightly changed.
>Do not replace T1 tank
*New T1 infantry unit : "Reason's Inquisitor"
>Capacity ? surprise ^^
>Probably need to be balanced (let me know)

Heroes :
*New material stacking system !
>Allow to stack up to 99 materials of the same type.
>If some functions bug, let me know asap please (as soon as possible)

know bug : Update item in the forge for heroes builder dont use the stacking item system...

*Increased Exp gain for killing monster.

"New inventory system has been delayed because... it takes way too long... (should wait vacation, in waiting : empires, events and kalendren will be updated).

v1.2->v1.2b

Heroes :

+General :
*Due to a weird bug, show spots does not show anymore camps... (yeah wth).
*Rare Resource Bonus have again been nerfed.

+Empire :
*Units balance :
>"Ballista" (anti-air tower) attack faster
>"Knight" have been slightly buffed and does not need the "Tank Tech" anymore
>"Bomber Bird" and "Improved Bomber Bird" attack speed increased from 3.70 and 3.65 to 2.70 and 2.65

*"WoodCutters's House" has been reworked :
>Have now the ability to repair building and vehicles in 500 around them.
>Stats and cost increased to adapt to the new utility.

+Heroes :
*Building of Builder Heroes and Upgrade Items in forge are now functionnal with new stacking system.
>Library and Temple still dont take the new system in account (I have enough of copy-paste for today...)

*Item Stacking system fixed, item now stack correctly.
>Correct value for selling multi material
>Added a new model for stone. (credit to Ergius)
>Changed the model and size of some items.
>Notes :
-Material items dropped are bonus, thus you can take them even with full inventory.
-The main reason for model change is because the items did not disappear after being destroyed/taken.
-If a bug occur while selling something that is not a material tell me please (ie : if you get 0 tradepoints)

+General :
*Triggers for Heroes Building are not on at start but once you make the item for it, so the game run smoother.
*If no empire are playing, then most triggers for empires will be disabled, making the game run smoother.
*Starve bug/exploit fixed , you will receive only 1 gold and 5 wood if you are starving, heroes will receive no exp nor tradepoints too.
*Rare Resource event have been removed.
*Some codes optimization as usual...

+Kalendren :
There is five new caverns where Kalendren army can spawm, do not mean they will. but now some old place may be less good than before.

+Empire :
*Town Hall finally gain an attack, using fire of phoenix so it does not show on the icons, does 50/400/3000 damage per second to NO-heroes units in 600 range. Skill upgrade when hall upgrade.

+Heroes :
*Library take now account of the new stacking system.
*Temple take account of the new stacking system, and consume one charge of the item every time you use sacrifice. (also improved the code)

Somehow I managed to increase the size by only 28ko with add the news addition, isn't that wonderfull ? Well now people won't have trouble with herobuilder.
A new event should be coming by tomorrow plus perhaps the market system.(and thus an update). DO NOT hesitate to give ideas, it's always usefull !

Note : quick update from v1.3 to v1.3a (only in the file name) to change the name in WC3 and checking the map is working.

An update focused on fixing bugs and things of the v1.3 version, but also include a new profile for empire.

+General :
*Fixed spawm of Kalendren waves, they now truly can spawm in others cavern.
*Show spots, show camps again.
*New preview image (better to look at imo).

+Empire :
*New Profile : Scientific, research completion start at 33%. (= 1/3 faster and cheaper)
*Ballista tower range reduced from 950 to 750, thus being equal to flak cannon towers.
*Bomber Bird and Improved bomber bird does not damage allies or themselves anymore with the AOE attack.
-Bugfixe :
*Stone and Steel inventories are back, weird error but fixed.
*Halls attack model changed, also changed damages from 50/500/3000 to 50/500/2500 and increase range from 600 to 700 at all levels.
*Hall upgrade cost 4 times more gold and 8 times more wood. (because spamming Town Hall lvl 1 or 2 was more efficient than spamming tower with defence profile...)
*Woodcutter house now DOES repar building & mechanical units in 500 range automatically. (tested)

Look like it's update time lately :)

v1.3b->v1.4"

+Empire :
*Fireman now beneficite from the Movement upgrade, thus gaining in movespeed.
*Losing one hall does not mean defeat anymore...
*Scientific profile improved : give the 33% research bonus + lvl 2 in grain farming, houses and wood cutting.
*Citizens bonus is show instead of power from now on.
*Power does not show anymore in the Multiboard, instead the Empire Attirance is show, the number meaning how much citizens you gain each 5 second.

Mainly some fix and adjustments. The hall fix is good though, lost a game thank to it.

Last update for some time probably... (well at least for the day.) I hope the override system will make more people host in battle.net, sadly this map doesn't seem to be hosted much.

+General :
*Override vote system added, as suck the red player can override people votes to choose a difficulty (tested and seem working).
*In waiting for another event, Resource Pack will appear instead of the old rare resource, meaning an increase of Pack spawn.
*It is now possible to prevent the new caverns from spamming by building a campfire before them.

+Empire :
*(Hopefully) solved a bug where research did not have the 33% completion with scientific profile while the research was chained.

v1.4d->1.5 (For those who didn't go to the forum)

"v1.4d->v1.5"

+General :
*Fixed the vote bug.
*New choice system, much easier to organize your team, more detailed and looking better (what can you ask more ?)
->SHOULD work, I passed enough time to test-fix it.
*Fixed the no cititzens bug that happened when red player did not play empire.

+Empire :
*Fixed the chain system problem that appeared with new profile.
*Scientific profile bonus slightly changed : Woodcutting start at lvl 1 instead of 2, Building research start at 2 instead of 0
*Increasing population should be slightly easier in late game.
*Houses and Max number of citizens now correctly evolve at the same age.
*Research disappear (hopefully) when they are maxed, Grain farming has a level max of 20.
*Fixed a script error which caused the Grain farming to never increase food produced.
*Woodcutter house can now train worker.
*Hapyness can go over 1000 to 1200 in value, meaning people will get unhappy less faster and also increase citizens attirance.
*Hopefully fixed for once and all the dying worker bug.
*Changed cost of Reason Inquisitor from 400 gold to 250 gold, still 500 wood and increased hp from 1000 to 1500.
*Ballista Tower(Anti-Air) and its improved version hp increased from 200 to 600 and 500 to 1000.

+Heroes :
*Materials already taken now stack correctly.
*Tradepoints given for pack slightly lowered.
*Now when selling materials, only 5 of them will be sold at a time. (if less than 5, all will be sold.)
*Increased Exp Rate for killing monsters.
*Updating Items to higher levels now work correctly (in forge).

v1.5->1.6
+Empire :
*Quick fix again of the citizens.
*Fixed the number of digits when the resource pack give its resources to empire.
*Hopefully fixed once for all screens resolution the vote difficulty trouble.
*Override System Added
*Fixed chooser lifespan to 60 seconds instead of 35 seconds.
*Removed useless power plants buildings from building list.
*Ballista and reinforced Ballista (AA) hits points doubled.
*Price of Wood Town Hall has been tripled since their auto attack could be abused with massing hall + anti-heroes tower. Starting resources have been increased accordingly.
*Priest of empires heal twice the amount they did before for balance purpose.
*Reason's inquisitor have slightly more hp.
*Fixed Empire Attirance trouble on multiboard.
*Reworked farms for the best, still as large BUT units can now walk on farms.
*New model and icon for farms, a lot better (sadly for file size the old model didn't fit walkable farms).

A image is hundred of words so :
newfarms.jpg

Another update, probably the last one before my exams. Making the stacking system work correctly was pure hell, but I suppose worth it in the end.

v1.6->v1.6a
*Fixed the Defense bug where the research didn't increase.
*Fixed Override vote
*Buildings that increase empire attirance now increase twice time more than before but their price is heavily increased.
*Airs Units can not take over packs anymore. (the condition had mysteriously disappeared...)
*Fixed some wrong things with houses evolution and citizens number.

v1.6a->v1.6b
*Now when number of citizens decrease then citizens number appear in red while when it increase it appears in green.
*Fixed the problem with pack selection, air unit can't select it and air ground can.
*Scientific profile does not start with +1 woodcutting anymore and the +2 grain farming bonus has been lowered to +1.
*Improved choose description.
*Give two hints in Farm and House tooltips to help newbies.
*A few others things...

v1.6b->v1.6d
*Changed vote system so only picking difficulty is required during a 30, players can choose as long as they want.
*Added a Backpack for heroes that can carry 6 items and use Builder & General ex-items allowing the 6th hero slot to be free.
*Heroes start at level 3 regardless of difficulty.

->It increase difficulty at all level, long game might become hellish.
*Packs are now invulnerable as long as they aren't taken over but they have a limited duration of 360 seconds.
*Stacking system MUST work correctly, I spent enough damn time to fix it !
->You won't have multiple items of the same material inventory, even if you picked it and dropped it up.
*Fixed some wrong spells being in wrong spellbook.
->Affected heroes : Ranger, Trader & Monk.
*Fixed an issue where necromancer summoned footman between lvl 1-19.
*Increased maximum food to 100 for empires.
*Creeps will now continue to gain upgrades as game progress, this probably reduce the difference between different difficulty.
->All kalendren, aggressive neutral units and rebellion get stronger every 15 min.
*Repair vehicle don't die anymore on late game but can only build tower... workers still have the problem, if someone know exactly what it's then it'd be good to inform me. From my tests it's something to do with building list...

Notice : next version will have a strongly improved difficulty, but might not come out soon.
Still looking for a spellmaker...

*Fixed "Hero Guardian" costing 1 food
*New selection system
*Fixed general having no food at start of the game
*Added 3 units for empire : tank class
*Improved some coding
*Fixed the research queue problem
*Added a new spell to laboratory that allow players to see their research levels.
*Fixed improving item craft not working properly
*Fixed material cost for library
*another attempt to fix later working-dying trouble... if anyone know what cause it to happens it would be good to tell me.

The post for spellmaking is still open, also I posted a request for help on the item system(item system is done). Probably else items will be a lot more boring but well. We do with what we have.

Heroes improvements are thus delayed until God know who, surely not before July.

Good Luke and Have Fun !

Keywords:
Heroes and Empires, Empire, Hero, Rising, Defense, Offense, STR, H&E, HaE
Contents

Heroes&Empires Rising 1.6f (Map)

Reviews
23:49, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Reuploading version with correct name v1.3, tested and the map works.

@Illidan : I was busy with the changes and also the maps with the preview is on another computer so I'll change it when I released the next version.

Edit : Version updated, working both before and after protection.

Level 5
It is generally a good idea to play the game in every possible mode BEFORE you upload it to the Hive Resources. This is true of Updates as well.

While it is true the rules say
This does not limit beta maps that are near completion,

it ALSO says
does limit alpha and other under construction maps that are not significantly playable.

I feel that this map qualifies in this category. The premise is good, but tell me, why would your town halls not have inventory, scattering undroppable items all around them that SHOULD be used for labor allocation?

This map is not currently in a state advanced enough to be playable, as such, I recommend the map for rejection at this time.

Level 4
Actually the town hall trouble was weird, when I added the Fire of phoenix ability, I copied the whole abilities of the Wooden Hall to the stone and steel. When I tested (and you as well I suppose) both upgraded Hall didn't have the inventory, but when I quickly tested the attack and a few things before uploading, I didn't think there would be a problem about it. After all if the Wooden has an inventory and I copied its abilities on the 2 others, why should have it been a problem ?

It's still puzzle me but I have solved the problem, doing a few others fix now and version should be updated soon. (I think I again made a bunch of text)

Also Riptokus, did you play older version of Rising or not ? Because else you would probably know that this bug was only present in this version...

Well I'm also gonna fix the no-auto repar of woodcutter house. I do test the map, simply it's long map and ones can't test everything between fixing things...

Edit (13/02, 11h38) : Map updated from version v1.3 to v1.3b, changelog in the main page.

Also if people want heroes to be improved : ASK !
I likely won't improve much heroes if no one ask for it, the simple reason being that I am a pure (or almost) empire player and as suck I don't play heroes much...

Last edited:
Level 2
Horns and armors don't give back gold. Other items meaby too but i haven't tested.
Enchanter after using his buff stay in his place. If i give order to move and attack from one place to another after battle he will stop.

Level 4
hum ? Horns and armor don't give gold, they give tradepoints... The enchanter bug is unknown to me, but as I said I am an empire player. Beware though that some spell does cause trouble when cast. (WC3 fault)

-> I checked the selling equipement, the bug came from the fact that the trigger changed to allow mass selling of material. (btw I don't have much information if people like it, or even know it works....)
I fixed the trigger about selling, I'll update later when I've done others things. (I hate "one thing" update...)

Edit : map updated to v1.4, mainly some fix though helpfull.

Edit2 : again another update, last for some time probably so enjoy it. I hope the override system will make some people happy. (and make the game be more hosted in battle.net ?)

Last edited:
Level 2
I think i found a bug while playing. After i upgraded my town hall from the first one it's inventory closed and threw out all the industry and science and stuff like that. :O.

Level 5
Dot cubed

Also Riptokus, did you play older version of Rising or not ? Because else you would probably know that this bug was only present in this version...

I played the version that was uploaded as a finished map and current, the one trying to pass itself off as acceptable. I do not plan to edit out my message. This is why you need to use the Map Development thread, so that your maps aren't done with a single butt cheek. No amount of "Well I fixed it now" can take back the fact it wasn't fixed then, and yet uploaded as a finished map. From my understanding, you also play empire often and knew of this problem when you uploaded the map.

Repeat after me... HIVE RESOURCES IS NOT FOR ME TO TEST MY BETA MAPS!
Repeat it. Say it again. Figure out what it means before you upload another map.

Any time "You played v1.3 probably, that bug was fixed in v1.3b :) " can be said with a strait face in a map, your development cycle in finished resources is entirely too fast for finished resources, and you need to take it back to Map Development.

Level 4
You should seriousely know that ALL bugs can't be found while playing a game... Specially when the "bug" of Hall didn't concern triggers and as such had less chance to be troublesome.
The fact is, you CAN play the version v1.3, you can make more Wooden Hall to use the inventory...

Bugs are a fact of WC3 and are bound to happens, no matter how good a map is. I remind of the The Black Road map which had a whole team of development and yet had a version with critical error rampaging.
The point is, no matter how much you try, always things pass your verification.

If you're SO concerned with no beta maps around (and I still don't consider v1.3 as a beta), just try making a map as complicated as Heroes and Empires without trouble...
I 'mapmake' H&E because I like it, not because someone force me too or I am being paid for.

Also I'll ask a simple question to all people here, is the 7.3 version, last official version by FinalLegacy and Lord_Squad. It has a critical bug that when you're out of power, the map crash. That bug is for me more troublesome than the hall inventory's one. So is it a beta map too ? (don't answer to this question.)

We went over 2 pages with someone else about the "beta" of a map, I won't speak about it anymore, not even in six months. If you don't like it then don't play the map.

Level 2
Some more hero bugs:
- crafting item's in forge don't create anything, only take materials
- trying to build with wrong materials make them diseapear
- library can't be build
- resource sometimes stock, sometimes not
- if i have 3 wood and building need 2, all will be taken

While playing as empire i don't find any bugs :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 5
You should seriousely know that ALL bugs can't be found while playing a game... Specially when the "bug" of Hall didn't concern triggers and as such had less chance to be troublesome.
The fact is, you CAN play the version v1.3, you can make more Wooden Hall to use the inventory...

Bugs are a fact of WC3 and are bound to happens, no matter how good a map is. I remind of the The Black Road map which had a whole team of development and yet had a version with critical error rampaging.
The point is, no matter how much you try, always things pass your verification.

If you're SO concerned with no beta maps around (and I still don't consider v1.3 as a beta), just try making a map as complicated as Heroes and Empires without trouble...
I 'mapmake' H&E because I like it, not because someone force me too or I am being paid for.

Also I'll ask a simple question to all people here, is the 7.3 version, last official version by FinalLegacy and Lord_Squad. It has a critical bug that when you're out of power, the map crash. That bug is for me more troublesome than the hall inventory's one. So is it a beta map too ? (don't answer to this question.)

We went over 2 pages with someone else about the "beta" of a map, I won't speak about it anymore, not even in six months. If you don't like it then don't play the map.

The problem isn't the status of your map, it is where you are doing your beta testing.

FINISHED RESOURCES IS NOT FOR TESTING MAPS!

It doesn't matter how complex a map is, it doesn't matter if a different version had a crash in it and that passed screening resources. All that matters is that what you are doing should be done in "Map Development" before uploading your map as a finished resource.

It seems you don't understand English too well, so I'll put it plainly.

Go Here

I still see "bug reports" being posted here, rather than map reviews. You have my hostility until you use the resources available in the Hive. That means Map development to develop maps, not finished resources.

And even though you ask me not to answer the question, I will answer it anyway...
The bugs in Heroes and Empires 2 when uploaded to the hive were less than the bugs in the version of heroes and empires 1 you uploaded. Just because there is a bug doesn't make it unacceptable. What makes it unacceptable is when the bug is 1) obvious, 2) common, 3) There with not just the ability, but the CERTAINTY that it will be reproduced every time without failure.

The power crash you describe, I have played 7.3 countless times as hero and empire, and have never been able to identify a crash when I run out of power. I suspect it requires certain situations involved, situations that do not involve a meltdown at your fusion plant station. Compare that to the bug that has had someone who has never played H&E before say "This game is stupid, Goodbye!"(Your inventory bug)

I know you'd love to dismiss the people that say that as 'Noob', but as a map developer, you don't have a right to do that. You need to ensure that if someone thinks your map is stupid, it isn't because of a stupid, easily-fixed bug that was identified in your own testing and not fixed before your next release. I would happily help you and play your buggy versions left and right, but not from Finished Resources. I know you probably don't care, you think I'm just a blow-hard puffing smoke in your direction, but what I say is not just for me, but for the good of the Hive and it's Reputation. You want your map to stand out, shine like the first Heroes and Empires did, then heed my warning and stop pretending your version is ready for open release. Take it to map development, where it will still be downloaded, but tested seriously, with serious suggestions on how to fix individual problems.

Level 4
Fine then, I'll make a topic on the developpement arena.

Just one thing please, if we (or someone else) speak about completion of map, use Mp and not the map topic... 3/5 are messages around it.

Will post the link to the topic later.

Aside that, I was wondering if anyone was tempted to make a tutorial for empire and perhaps hero, I still see too much people leave because they don't understand how it works (and being not a native english I tend to make too much text... and write things too complicated...)
If interested please use MP

Level 1
No Beta?

All that matters is that what you are doing should be done in "Map Development" before uploading your map as a finished resource.

That means Map development to develop maps, not finished resources.

What makes it unacceptable is when the bug is 1) obvious, 2) common, 3) There with not just the ability, but the CERTAINTY that it will be reproduced every time without failure.

I would happily help you and play your buggy versions left and right, but not from Finished Resources.

Take it to map development, where it will still be downloaded, but tested seriously, with serious suggestions on how to fix individual problems.

Stability
All maps must not have enough bugs to significantly adversely affect gameplay.

Use
The maps section should not be used as a pastebin or testing area, but rather for map distribution. If you wish for an advertising, testing, and more public place for early stages of your map, please use the Map Development forum.

He is right on most accounts.

However, it says no where that he cannot post a map that is still undergoing testing. This area should not be used for bug reports etc, true, but there is nothing wrong with the map being here otherwise.

Comments on the Map itself

Its extremely difficult to solo early on with Hero without General unless you are a Necromancer. It is rather difficult to get ahead of the flow, constantly killing monsters isn't enough.

The changes to the item system make things much easier, Builder Heroes now don't lag behind levels as much and non-builder heroes actually bother picking up items without adversely affecting their level.

The current version does have a major bug, you should have gotten it first and you should do more testing in the future. Small House building has no mana, so when your empire grows into that stage, if you don't' grow immediately out of it, you are permanently stuck at 0 citizens until you can get money to age again. Because you removed income at 0 citizens with Town Hall, its impossible to get out of this without an ally empire.

Level 4
huh ?

I agree about heroes, and they're being worked on. But about the empire, I don't get what you mean with mana, houses DON'T have mana anymore and the whole citizens system is triggered for reducing the lag.
About income, you can have no income if you're starving but else no, probably you pressured too much your citizens in the hall and they all left...

If that isn't then I'm lost...

Level 10
Good map but heroes are waaaaaaaay to overpowered, when they get to lvl 20-30 they can raid a city like nothing.

The armies of kaelden is a little too hard, the other empires should be the real challenge, even on easy you have to upgrade like its your last breath to survive unless you have a hero.

it gets boring quite fast, don't know why actually...

if you balance the heroes and kaelden 4/5
but for now 3/5

Level 9
The problem isn't the status of your map, it is where you are doing your beta testing.

It doesn't matter how complex a map is, it doesn't matter if a different version had a crash in it and that passed screening resources. All that matters is that what you are doing should be done in "Map Development" before uploading your map as a finished resource.

It seems you don't understand English too well, so I'll put it plainly.

Go Here

I still see "bug reports" being posted here, rather than map reviews. You have my hostility until you use the resources available in the Hive. That means Map development to develop maps, not finished resources.

And even though you ask me not to answer the question, I will answer it anyway...
The bugs in Heroes and Empires 2 when uploaded to the hive were less than the bugs in the version of heroes and empires 1 you uploaded. Just because there is a bug doesn't make it unacceptable. What makes it unacceptable is when the bug is 1) obvious, 2) common, 3) There with not just the ability, but the CERTAINTY that it will be reproduced every time without failure.

The power crash you describe, I have played 7.3 countless times as hero and empire, and have never been able to identify a crash when I run out of power. I suspect it requires certain situations involved, situations that do not involve a meltdown at your fusion plant station. Compare that to the bug that has had someone who has never played H&E before say "This game is stupid, Goodbye!"(Your inventory bug)

I know you'd love to dismiss the people that say that as 'Noob', but as a map developer, you don't have a right to do that. You need to ensure that if someone thinks your map is stupid, it isn't because of a stupid, easily-fixed bug that was identified in your own testing and not fixed before your next release. I would happily help you and play your buggy versions left and right, but not from Finished Resources. I know you probably don't care, you think I'm just a blow-hard puffing smoke in your direction, but what I say is not just for me, but for the good of the Hive and it's Reputation. You want your map to stand out, shine like the first Heroes and Empires did, then heed my warning and stop pretending your version is ready for open release. Take it to map development, where it will still be downloaded, but tested seriously, with serious suggestions on how to fix individual problems.

some people are just too dumb that questions posted by them should not even be viewed but should be ignored. i hope you all know what i meant.

i like this map, but it has quite a few bugs. i dont like fire at all. please, whatever you do, do not make fire be so aggresive. heroes sucks too, its hard to even level up when monsters starts to roam. imagine 20 creatures yet u are unable to kill them. necro is really good. it owns.

Level 4
About fire, it's trouble but hard to change, currently it reduce the life in % of houses, but if it doesn't use % then it need a bunch of level and more work to make it less aggressive. Anyway I always make 4 fire department at the lower part of my houses, since they fire depart are cheap you can just mass them. After that there is no trouble.

Heroes will be improved :
1- If someone is willing to code spells, that proposition is running around since easily 2/3 months.
2- July or later, after I passed my examen and I when I get motivated enough.

Anyway some improvements coming today with also a few fix.

Level 2
Good to see some upgrades but:
1) Dificulty selection is too long and get on hud ( i think so )
2) General have 16/15 food and can recruit any units :razz:, Hero helper use 1 food (?)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_051710_153100_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051710_153100_01.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 125
Level 2
We are recruiting elite war3 mappers to join in a massive project.
A contest will be held to ensure that this project will be worked on only by the best mappers all over the world. More info will be later announced to the qualified entries

To have a chance to be a part in such privilege --> contact [email protected]

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Level 1
Worker BUG??

Suddenly I cant produce workers anymore.. Why?Is it a bug??
My worker just die immediately when it walked out from the town hall..I kept producing , all failed.. all dead before I could control them to do some work..
And can I ask about the nuclear device, What does the "POWER" means??
And How do I know whether my houses are in range of buff buildings like church, firecamp those??Old version I can see houses 's status with those buff..And the house also doesnt show mana anymore.. @@?

Level 4
@PeterHell : probably no.

@Zorcht : Workers dying = unsolvable bug, hopefully with game-play changing that shouldn't happens anymore.
"Power" is used in 7.3 and older version, since the tooltips were going to be changed later I didn't with fixing them. (have been removed because it crashed the game in some instances)
About houses and buff, working on a way to solve it. Old versions made houses as units which allowed buff to show (buffs don't show on buildings) but is more laggy. Also houses don't have mana anymore because citizens system was generalized as old systems was good to look at but absolutely horrible performance-speaking.

Level 4
I am currently searching for someone to work on the object editor as the map was done with two people, the interaction between triggers and units aren't the best. Having someone to help on that subject would help releasing the new version much sooner as the triggering is going on fairly well.

send me a private message if you're interested.

Level 4
To my knowledge double post isn't bad if it's done with a long time between posting time (roughly 15 days here).

Also you probably play empires badly because every time I play Empires > Kalendren > Hero (never saw a case where that didn't happens...)

Heroes will be highly reworked, also Kalendren will be harder. Then I'll work more on balance :)

(still looking for someone good at object editor though^^)

Level 1
I'm kinda new at this stuff but i wanted to say something... everytime me and my friend play this map who ever is red is always invulnerable if hero have not tried with empire i just wanted to let you know about it (and also i don't know if someone else has already told you or not as i went through all comments and nothing about this was mentioned)

Level 1
Just found a pretty exploitable bug where I was able to buy as many resources as I wanted from the shop, as a hero. As long as I had enough to cover the base cost of the item, I could just spam click and get as many as I wanted of any of the resources.

I think this is because the trade points don't update often enough.