• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heroes&Empires Rising 1.6f

A continuation of Heroes and Empires, with news content and code improvements (= better performance)

General :

*Play as an Empire amassing units, citizens and wealth with 5 profiles or play as a lone hero with 3 possibles jobs.
*Ally or slaughter others players, the ultimate goal being killing Kalendren in his fortress.
*Solve quests and stop Kalendren events of being stronger as well as taking the news events to make you stronger.
*Survive as Kalendren will send his troops after you, not wanting you to win.

What new in Rising ?

*Reworked house & aura building system making the game run a lot smoother.
*News units for empires, early airs units and new towers.
*2 New events which can provide help to both Empires or Heroes
*A new spell for worker : Road-Maker, allowing your worker to make whole line of road with two click.
*Lot of codes improvement...
*The possiblity to research technologies in laboratory in chain, allowing player to list their research and letting them focus on others things.
*Power (normally) working again and shouldn't make fatal error happens anymore.

Original by Lord_Squad & FinalLegacy.
Rising by ArnaudB

Authorization and H&E (official) forum can be found at that link :
http://heroesandempire.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=311

Suggestions, bugs, troubles, balance need or Questions ? Feel free to ask !

*Known Troubleshooting*
->On laboratory, something wrong research show, switch page or at worst rebuild the laboratory to fix things (gonna be fixed soon).
->Power don't work the way it should (should be fixed)
+"I can't go over 70 000 citizens !!!"
->That's normal... the more citizens you have, the hardest it's to increase your population (Balance reason).
+"When using Road Maker, my worker sometime does it wrong."
->When 2 worker with Road Maker buffs are too close, sometime the game pick the wrong one.

*New preview and loading Image !
(All thanks to Illidan_Hunter)

*When houses upgrades, citizens are now * 2 to attain the maximum possible, assuming the player has full pop before aging.
*Show Quest now ping Pack Resource & Rare Resource.
*Attempted to fix fire trouble again.
*Happiness bonus is higher for citizens increasement
*Bonus for ResourcePack & RareResource changed, strongly lowered for heroes. (->RareR)
*Command -vf can be used to fix gamespeed to VeryFast, can't be canceled (very useful for solo game)
*TradePoints are now updated when"Activate Bonus" from Pack is used on heroes.
*Rare Resource should normally give Tradepoint now, also exp gained is show.
*Rare Resource periodic bonus is now of 4 second instead of 5 (= bonus come more often)
*Pack Resource have been given a Divine Shield to avoid fast death by Spamming Creeps.
*"Abord Research" Don't remove researchs anymore on tech page.
*Research Movement give now +2% movespeed plus the original +5 movespeed by level.

-Profile Balancing-
*Airplane profile :
>Attack speed Bonus (AS bonus) decreased from 150% to 70%
>Life Bonus is Still 100%

*Tank Profile :
>Attack Speed bonus lowered from 100% to 50%
>Life Bonus increased from 75% to 100%
>Give a special and free upgrade in damage and armor

*Infantry Profile :
>Attack Speed lowered from 50% to 35%
>Life Bonus is still 50%
>Bonus regeneration increased from 0.50 to 0.75
>Added a movement bonus of 10%

*Defence Profile :
>Attack Speed bonus lowered from 50% to 40%
>Life Bonus is still 50%
>Give a special and free upgrade in damage and armor

*Resource profile stay unaffected from now.

*To counter profile reduction, all tech (excluding Destruction) give now +15% attack speed instead of +10% per level.

v1.1->v1.2

General :

*Fixed Image preview trouble, now working correctly and much smaller.
*Once again : Changed the exp gain for RareResource. (waiting for confirmation if it gives tp or not.)

Empires :
*Infantry Profile buff : (I received comment it was too weak compared too others now)
>Attack Speed increased from 35% to 40%
>Life Bonus increased from 50% to 55%
>Bonus regeneration is still 0.75
>Give a special bonus in damage
>Start with +1 movement tech.
*New early unit for empire : The "Scout"
>Invisible, no attack, fast movement speed
>Trained in 'Improved Barrack'
*Cavaleries units are now considered as tank and 'stable' evolves in 'Factory'
*"Knight" (T1 tank unit) :
>Now buildable in 'Stable'
>Require age 10 (enlightment) instead of age 12 (industrial), now require T2 tank
>Stats slightly changed.
>Do not replace T1 tank
*New T1 infantry unit : "Reason's Inquisitor"
>Capacity ? surprise ^^
>Probably need to be balanced (let me know)

Heroes :
*New material stacking system !
>Allow to stack up to 99 materials of the same type.
>If some functions bug, let me know asap please (as soon as possible)

know bug : Update item in the forge for heroes builder dont use the stacking item system...

*Increased Exp gain for killing monster.

"New inventory system has been delayed because... it takes way too long... (should wait vacation, in waiting : empires, events and kalendren will be updated).

v1.2->v1.2b

Heroes :

+General :
*Due to a weird bug, show spots does not show anymore camps... (yeah wth).
*Rare Resource Bonus have again been nerfed.

+Empire :
*Units balance :
>"Ballista" (anti-air tower) attack faster
>"Knight" have been slightly buffed and does not need the "Tank Tech" anymore
>"Bomber Bird" and "Improved Bomber Bird" attack speed increased from 3.70 and 3.65 to 2.70 and 2.65

*"WoodCutters's House" has been reworked :
>Have now the ability to repair building and vehicles in 500 around them.
>Stats and cost increased to adapt to the new utility.

+Heroes :
*Building of Builder Heroes and Upgrade Items in forge are now functionnal with new stacking system.
>Library and Temple still dont take the new system in account (I have enough of copy-paste for today...)

*Item Stacking system fixed, item now stack correctly.
>Correct value for selling multi material
>Added a new model for stone. (credit to Ergius)
>Changed the model and size of some items.
>Notes :
-Material items dropped are bonus, thus you can take them even with full inventory.
-The main reason for model change is because the items did not disappear after being destroyed/taken.
-If a bug occur while selling something that is not a material tell me please (ie : if you get 0 tradepoints)

+General :
*Triggers for Heroes Building are not on at start but once you make the item for it, so the game run smoother.
*If no empire are playing, then most triggers for empires will be disabled, making the game run smoother.
*Starve bug/exploit fixed , you will receive only 1 gold and 5 wood if you are starving, heroes will receive no exp nor tradepoints too.
*Rare Resource event have been removed.
*Some codes optimization as usual...

+Kalendren :
There is five new caverns where Kalendren army can spawm, do not mean they will. but now some old place may be less good than before.

+Empire :
*Town Hall finally gain an attack, using fire of phoenix so it does not show on the icons, does 50/400/3000 damage per second to NO-heroes units in 600 range. Skill upgrade when hall upgrade.

+Heroes :
*Library take now account of the new stacking system.
*Temple take account of the new stacking system, and consume one charge of the item every time you use sacrifice. (also improved the code)

Somehow I managed to increase the size by only 28ko with add the news addition, isn't that wonderfull ? Well now people won't have trouble with herobuilder.
A new event should be coming by tomorrow plus perhaps the market system.(and thus an update). DO NOT hesitate to give ideas, it's always usefull !

Note : quick update from v1.3 to v1.3a (only in the file name) to change the name in WC3 and checking the map is working.

An update focused on fixing bugs and things of the v1.3 version, but also include a new profile for empire.

+General :
*Fixed spawm of Kalendren waves, they now truly can spawm in others cavern.
*Show spots, show camps again.
*New preview image (better to look at imo).

+Empire :
*New Profile : Scientific, research completion start at 33%. (= 1/3 faster and cheaper)
*Ballista tower range reduced from 950 to 750, thus being equal to flak cannon towers.
*Bomber Bird and Improved bomber bird does not damage allies or themselves anymore with the AOE attack.
-Bugfixe :
*Stone and Steel inventories are back, weird error but fixed.
*Halls attack model changed, also changed damages from 50/500/3000 to 50/500/2500 and increase range from 600 to 700 at all levels.
*Hall upgrade cost 4 times more gold and 8 times more wood. (because spamming Town Hall lvl 1 or 2 was more efficient than spamming tower with defence profile...)
*Woodcutter house now DOES repar building & mechanical units in 500 range automatically. (tested)

Look like it's update time lately :)

v1.3b->v1.4"

+Empire :
*Fireman now beneficite from the Movement upgrade, thus gaining in movespeed.
*Losing one hall does not mean defeat anymore...
*Scientific profile improved : give the 33% research bonus + lvl 2 in grain farming, houses and wood cutting.
*Citizens bonus is show instead of power from now on.
*Power does not show anymore in the Multiboard, instead the Empire Attirance is show, the number meaning how much citizens you gain each 5 second.

Mainly some fix and adjustments. The hall fix is good though, lost a game thank to it.

Last update for some time probably... (well at least for the day.) I hope the override system will make more people host in battle.net, sadly this map doesn't seem to be hosted much.

+General :
*Override vote system added, as suck the red player can override people votes to choose a difficulty (tested and seem working).
*In waiting for another event, Resource Pack will appear instead of the old rare resource, meaning an increase of Pack spawn.
*It is now possible to prevent the new caverns from spamming by building a campfire before them.

+Empire :
*(Hopefully) solved a bug where research did not have the 33% completion with scientific profile while the research was chained.

v1.4d->1.5 (For those who didn't go to the forum)

"v1.4d->v1.5"

+General :
*Fixed the vote bug.
*New choice system, much easier to organize your team, more detailed and looking better (what can you ask more ?)
->SHOULD work, I passed enough time to test-fix it.
*Fixed the no cititzens bug that happened when red player did not play empire.

+Empire :
*Fixed the chain system problem that appeared with new profile.
*Scientific profile bonus slightly changed : Woodcutting start at lvl 1 instead of 2, Building research start at 2 instead of 0
*Increasing population should be slightly easier in late game.
*Houses and Max number of citizens now correctly evolve at the same age.
*Research disappear (hopefully) when they are maxed, Grain farming has a level max of 20.
*Fixed a script error which caused the Grain farming to never increase food produced.
*Woodcutter house can now train worker.
*Hapyness can go over 1000 to 1200 in value, meaning people will get unhappy less faster and also increase citizens attirance.
*Hopefully fixed for once and all the dying worker bug.
*Changed cost of Reason Inquisitor from 400 gold to 250 gold, still 500 wood and increased hp from 1000 to 1500.
*Ballista Tower(Anti-Air) and its improved version hp increased from 200 to 600 and 500 to 1000.

+Heroes :
*Materials already taken now stack correctly.
*Tradepoints given for pack slightly lowered.
*Now when selling materials, only 5 of them will be sold at a time. (if less than 5, all will be sold.)
*Increased Exp Rate for killing monsters.
*Updating Items to higher levels now work correctly (in forge).

v1.5->1.6
+Empire :
*Quick fix again of the citizens.
*Fixed the number of digits when the resource pack give its resources to empire.
*Hopefully fixed once for all screens resolution the vote difficulty trouble.
*Override System Added
*Fixed chooser lifespan to 60 seconds instead of 35 seconds.
*Removed useless power plants buildings from building list.
*Ballista and reinforced Ballista (AA) hits points doubled.
*Price of Wood Town Hall has been tripled since their auto attack could be abused with massing hall + anti-heroes tower. Starting resources have been increased accordingly.
*Priest of empires heal twice the amount they did before for balance purpose.
*Reason's inquisitor have slightly more hp.
*Fixed Empire Attirance trouble on multiboard.
*Reworked farms for the best, still as large BUT units can now walk on farms.
*New model and icon for farms, a lot better (sadly for file size the old model didn't fit walkable farms).

A image is hundred of words so :
newfarms.jpg

Another update, probably the last one before my exams. Making the stacking system work correctly was pure hell, but I suppose worth it in the end.

v1.6->v1.6a
*Fixed the Defense bug where the research didn't increase.
*Fixed Override vote
*Buildings that increase empire attirance now increase twice time more than before but their price is heavily increased.
*Airs Units can not take over packs anymore. (the condition had mysteriously disappeared...)
*Fixed some wrong things with houses evolution and citizens number.

v1.6a->v1.6b
*Now when number of citizens decrease then citizens number appear in red while when it increase it appears in green.
*Fixed the problem with pack selection, air unit can't select it and air ground can.
*Scientific profile does not start with +1 woodcutting anymore and the +2 grain farming bonus has been lowered to +1.
*Improved choose description.
*Give two hints in Farm and House tooltips to help newbies.
*A few others things...

v1.6b->v1.6d
*Changed vote system so only picking difficulty is required during a 30, players can choose as long as they want.
*Added a Backpack for heroes that can carry 6 items and use Builder & General ex-items allowing the 6th hero slot to be free.
*Heroes start at level 3 regardless of difficulty.

->It increase difficulty at all level, long game might become hellish.
*Packs are now invulnerable as long as they aren't taken over but they have a limited duration of 360 seconds.
*Stacking system MUST work correctly, I spent enough damn time to fix it !
->You won't have multiple items of the same material inventory, even if you picked it and dropped it up.
*Fixed some wrong spells being in wrong spellbook.
->Affected heroes : Ranger, Trader & Monk.
*Fixed an issue where necromancer summoned footman between lvl 1-19.
*Increased maximum food to 100 for empires.
*Creeps will now continue to gain upgrades as game progress, this probably reduce the difference between different difficulty.
->All kalendren, aggressive neutral units and rebellion get stronger every 15 min.
*Repair vehicle don't die anymore on late game but can only build tower... workers still have the problem, if someone know exactly what it's then it'd be good to inform me. From my tests it's something to do with building list...

Notice : next version will have a strongly improved difficulty, but might not come out soon.
Still looking for a spellmaker...

*Fixed "Hero Guardian" costing 1 food
*New selection system
*Fixed general having no food at start of the game
*Added 3 units for empire : tank class
*Improved some coding
*Fixed the research queue problem
*Added a new spell to laboratory that allow players to see their research levels.
*Fixed improving item craft not working properly
*Fixed material cost for library
*another attempt to fix later working-dying trouble... if anyone know what cause it to happens it would be good to tell me.

The post for spellmaking is still open, also I posted a request for help on the item system(item system is done). Probably else items will be a lot more boring but well. We do with what we have.

Heroes improvements are thus delayed until God know who, surely not before July.

Good Luke and Have Fun !

Keywords:
Heroes and Empires, Empire, Hero, Rising, Defense, Offense, STR, H&E, HaE
Contents

Heroes&Empires Rising 1.6f (Map)

Reviews
23:49, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Though I named this map beta, the system has been checked about 10-15 times so all features should work.

I used the term "beta" since it's the first version that I present as "completed" enough, the first public released was 0.96 on H&E forum.

So you can call it a 'fake' beta.

End of the topic.

Level 12
Though I named this map beta, the system has been checked about 10-15 times so all features should work.

I used the term "beta" since it's the first version that I present as "completed" enough, the first public released was 0.96 on H&E forum.

So you can call it a 'fake' beta.

End of the topic.

Oh yea?
"*Known Troubleshooting*
->On laboratory, something wrong research show, switch page or at worst rebuild the laboratory to fix things (gonna be fixed soon).
->Power don't work the way it should (should be fixed)
+"I can't go over 70 000 citizens !!!"
->That's normal... the more citizens you have, the hardest it's to increase your population (Balance reason).
+"When using Road Maker, my worker sometime does it wrong."
->When 2 worker with Road Maker buffs are too close, sometime the game pick the wrong one."

Level 8
Every game (Even out of beta) have bugs that will be fixed. Would it helped if he took out beta? Is that what is stopping you from trying it out?

Seriously, come on now.

Game looks interesting, slow paced sounding I'll give it a shot and throw a review within a week or two, good luck with the map.

Level 4
Thank for you support Yabooer.

About the trouble to fix, they don't really hinder the game and as suck, I preferred fixing more important things. (as power that didn't work, and so you were able to make an infinite amount of unit costing power without trouble...)

Also you citate : +"I can't go over 70 000 citizens !!!"

You obliviously didn't went through it carefully, because actually I let that one on purpose, lot of players on H&E say that empire are Overpowered compared to heroes (in which I agree) and so limiting the max citizens was a good way, still for players that used old version it's confusing not being to have 160 or 320k people anymore.

And finally, what is the meaning of a "beta" ? The map has been tested over and over by myself in difficulties from Strong to God Play and I fixed tons of bug after those. Which is a beta then ? The first modification I did ? The 0.96 version that I released on H&E forum, this one ? or even a future updated version ?

I named it "beta" because it's its first update on Hiveworkshop, that's the only and only reason.

For the second time, end of the topic.

Level 2
I like this new update. Everything was a lot smoother and not laggy anymore. However, why is fire so destructive? I need at least 2 Fire Stations in order to fight off a simple fire (One just doesn't do anything at all)

Level 8
Arnaud I'm rooting for you and what not, but you should take off beta, it leads players to believe that they will encounter bugs and some players wouldn't want to deal with that.

Beta usually means that the map will have bugs that "Beta testers" will play the map constantly trying different things in order to eliminate most bugs.

Also the version number would be a good indication as the first update on Hive.

Level 35
@Vuormalainen: You sure are nooby, aren't you? Heroes and Empires is a very well known and popular map on BNet. This is a new version. You don't just vote a map for rejection because it has 'beta' in the name, fool. You vote it for rejection if it's obviously incomplete, but not just because it has 'beta' in its title. That is retarded. Only a real douche would do that, especially for such a popular map modification.

Level 6
exact words of site rules...

Completion
All maps must be close enough to completion to allow for a good experience by the player. This does not limit beta maps that are near completion, but does limit alpha and other under construction maps that are not significantly playable.

beta = fine to upload

problem solved

Level 6
This is not an old map, i found this game in EpicWar.com more than 3-5 months ago and play it almost everyday... And finally it is on Hive now... Keep updating it, and also when i'm playing this(alone) sometime when i'm in Modern Age, i think when i click the Airport or something in modern age, the game exits and creating a Fatal Error. Anyways, its the old version, hope this will be alot better...

Level 2
This is not a major bug.
I was empire and my population was 35000-ish. It should look like this ( 27000 / 30000 ) but the number was like this ( 27000 / 3000 ) because the board could not contain the full length of the number.

Level 4
@PeterHell : It could happens, personnally I had no problem but I have a 1440x900 resolution. Generally in that case, the numbers go outside the multiboard, in which case closing and reopening often solve the problem, if no please send me a screenshoot so I can work on a solution.

@pomelito 123 & Wazzz : The map 7.3 does being old, last update was November 2007, but there are tons of unofficial version (often cheated) around.

About the bug, normally it happens when you don't have power, but here I optimizated the trigger just before updating, did the fatal errors happens in this version or not ? if no then it's nice, but pointless to tell me that.

If you've a suggestions about things to add or anything...

Level 1
Well, the game is too slow for me. Took me more than 3 hours to get to the future age. You should double the income :)

Btw, after those boring 3 hours waiting for the low income, every unit my cousin trained started to go to the rebellion's team. I mean, wtf? Why would you train an unit for an enemy? I hope you didn't make this on purpose. (Yeah, i checked his food. It was OK)

Fire is also too aggressive. I couldn't take any fire out with one fire station. Same for two of them. I only managed to take fire out when i had THREE fire stations.

The power usage in the leaderboard doesn't seems to be working. Missiles launched from the missile silo didn't work either.

And i always had to keep 95% of my population working, otherwise they would just be reduced. That sucked. You could be able to have 50% of your population working, without the population dropping. For some reason, you're allowed to have negative population. LOL

Well, it's a good game, but the unit bug i talked about ruined the game... :(

Level 2
Yeah i think the fire is a little too aggressive. For me, i put 2 fire stations together and they can fight off fire in about 1000 area approximately. By the way, when i was freelancer and i used rare resource on myself my tradepoint didn't go up instantly. I think the trade point update too slow. Resource Packs are a little rigged though :)

About the unit bug, perhaps your cousin people were extremely unhappy?

And I was only able to keep 20% of my population working otherwise they would go down real quick. How did you get 95% to work lol???

Level 1
Ops, little mistake. I could only make 5% of my population work, and the other 95% relaxing, otherwise population would drop like hell.

Level 4
First about the game being to slow, I managed to beat Kalendren in 1h48 personally so... (in Strong). But it does have some trouble with pop, working on solving it, I still managed to have a maximum of 30% people working.
Fire is troublesome I know, somehow the Set UnitLife% function don't wanna work, still working on it. Personally I made 4 fire departement to be clear with fire :)

Also a little solution to kill fire quickly in early game is to destroy the house, thus avoiding the lost of the building around.

About the rebellion, units rebel if your people hate you, I must conclude that he tax them too much with too less rations, or he got a bunch of houses destroyed.

Rare resource don't give tradepoint atm, due to a bug that I am solving, I might change a few things in the event though. And specially REDUCE exp gain from Rare Resource by hero (I mean, with 5 rare I managed to get a necromancer lvl 389 in no time...)

Edit : Version 1.1 updated, changelog in the main page.

(If someone can tell me what "Reparse" does and why the new preview image doesn't show on hiveworkshop, I'd gladly thank him.)

Btw, this map is protected :)

Gonna solve the negative people. But also to raise citizens working and coming you can use aura buildings, they increase CitizensBonus (the number of the left of your citizens), which indicate how much citizens come each time (not including basic bonus of house which is 4 per 5sec or 0.80 per second.)

Thank for reporting. Also I plan to improve heroes quite soon (hell A necromancer lvl 389 with claymore lvl 5, armor lvl 15 and all the stuff couldn't kill Kalendren...)

Edit2: A few minutes later I realize, power hadn't been fixed yet. Gonna see about it but well, it shouldn't hinder players too much so GL&HF !)

Last edited:
Level 2
You should something so that the people have to be working in order to make money and pay taxes. They can't just eat and poop money!
Try make more commercial or industry building and jobs, so the higher quality job provide citizen with more money for more taxes instead of a broad percentage of citizen working on something. To get get better job, citizens have to have :fp: education. That could be a new feature for this map.

Btw try to make hospital more useful, instead of just healing military unit, make a plague or disease of some kind.

Rare bonus resource doesn't really help? I had like 400.00 something bonus citizen and it still won't let me use more than 20% of my citizens.

rare bonus give my Necromancer half exp bar when level 5-ish, but a whole level when my Necromancer level is high.

I notice that after my fireman fight off fire, the house' hp bar still go down to a specific percentage before stopping.

And the population number still buggy. My population was 61000/135 (there obviously missing some number) closing and opening board doesn't help.

Maybe increase citizen grow bonus because they doesn't help for now.

Level 4
Well about differents level of job for citizens, it likely won't happens. The simple reason is that the map is big, with a lot of features and even with the improvement, the map might still lag like hell with 10 players. So to improve gameplay realism has to go down.

Plague was an event but don't work anymore because it decreased mana of house (which is now obselete).
Rare resource indeed has some weird things :) perhaps I'll rework the event completely. Fire damage effect is normal as it's a life regeneration aura effect and that can't be fixed as it's Blizzard's fault on this one.

About the population still buggy I already asked about a screen-shoot if possible, else I can't do much...

Level 12
@Vuormalainen: You sure are nooby, aren't you? Heroes and Empires is a very well known and popular map on BNet. This is a new version. You don't just vote a map for rejection because it has 'beta' in the name, fool. You vote it for rejection if it's obviously incomplete, but not just because it has 'beta' in its title. That is retarded. Only a real douche would do that, especially for such a popular map modification.

If he named it beta I would guess it's one.

Level 4
Thank for you support Yabooer.

About the trouble to fix, they don't really hinder the game and as suck, I preferred fixing more important things. (as power that didn't work, and so you were able to make an infinite amount of unit costing power without trouble...)

Also you citate : +"I can't go over 70 000 citizens !!!"

You obliviously didn't went through it carefully, because actually I let that one on purpose, lot of players on H&E say that empire are Overpowered compared to heroes (in which I agree) and so limiting the max citizens was a good way, still for players that used old version it's confusing not being to have 160 or 320k people anymore.

And finally, what is the meaning of a "beta" ? The map has been tested over and over by myself in difficulties from Strong to God Play and I fixed tons of bug after those. Which is a beta then ? The first modification I did ? The 0.96 version that I released on H&E forum, this one ? or even a future updated version ?

I named it "beta" because it's its first update on Hiveworkshop, that's the only and only reason.

For the second time, end of the topic.

Vuormanlainen, I swear you want to demolish your reputation.

Level 4
Well, necromancer is strong since I didn't change heroes abilities yet (much enough to do with empire). But well even with lvl 389, claymore lvl 5, armor lv 15 and the rest I couldn't beat easily Kalendren (need both lifedraining spells).

Anyway if someone wanna give my ideas about Heroes and Items I am very interested because I'm generally better for idea in empire...

so if you want news spells, know what to do :)

Level 35
If he named it beta I would guess it's one.

You wouldn't guess. You would assume. Which is retarded. And hence why you are a noob, simply because you don't know how things work. If you take offense to that statement, it's your own fault, because it is true and 100% accurate. You don't vote a map for rejection without playing it, stupid. You play the map first. If it's obviously incomplete, then you vote for rejection.

Hell, the creator even stated why he called it beta. I mean srsly, ffs, if all users were like you, we wouldn't be allowed to upload demos and crap that are more than acceptable and playable. If you intend on maintaining this attitude in the maps section, then GTFO. Srsly, no kidding, just get out. We don't need you here if that's what you're going to do.

Level 2
well, i did take screenshot but after going through my wc3 folder i couldn't find it and now i don't have lot of time to replay the whole thing again maybe on the weekend.

Level 4
If that's Peter, wait the end of the week because I should be releasing the v1.2 version soon, correcting the image preview and a few others things (infatry profile balalance for exemple.)

If there is something very urgent you want me to fix, prevent me.

Edit : version 1.2 will be coming perhaps tonight, perhaps tomorrow (6 or 7 of january).
It'll include a new items stacking system for material, which I believe most heroes players awaited for long.

I need to ask though, what do you prefer coming in priority (say the one you prefer, or list them either by comment or by MP)
New...
+Units/Profile/Tech/Buildings for empire ?
+Heroes ?
+Spells for heroes ?
+More items for heroes ?
+Code improvement ? (lol)
+Events ? (either for kalendren or for players)
+Balance ?

Or anything else you can think of, let me know fast if possible. (btw if someone has a cool preview image that's under the actual 173 ko image, I'd gladly take it and yes I'm a freak when it come for Map size.)
+New Events ?

Last edited:
Level 2
I would say definitely new events. bonus resources and rare resources become boring after a while. I don't even bother to collect them since i managed to earn large amount of money anyway.

Make Entertainment buildings worth it!!! I built all of the public entertainment building and still have 75% unemployment?

May be more tutorial for newbies? Especially empire! My cousin tried to play empire and he liked it but it was hard for him to figure it out.

Since heroes are too easy to gain level and stats more stats items aren't really needed. May be add more unique item instead of just stats.

This is probably too much work for now, but you should make worker on auto-roading be able to stop. It's so annoying when i build one road at a time and the worker still has the buff. Could Auto-road be made into Auto-cast spell?

Road should be able to upgrade into better road types (dirt road->stone->asphalt) that let units walk on it with faster speed (aura). This would make road play better role when some player try to get their units to the battlefield quicker or just through the big cities.

A Trade system between empires? :grin:

Units can't walk through diagonal road that have building between. Something like this:

This make building circular cities much harder and require a bigger space while most territories are actually more circular than square.

Sometime an enemy hero just randomly become mine!!! Sometime it's the vampire guy, sometime it's blademaster!

This is just some suggestions. You can decide to implement them or not if you want.

Edit:
the letter picture for diagonal road didn't come as out as well i have thought so I removed it. May be you know what i'm talking about

Last edited:
Level 4
@PeterHell

*New events are gonna come, but the problem lie on what even make. (and make them correctly working after that...)

*Aura Building will receive an increase, and you'll likely have another one coming to replace the now nonworking campfire.

*Tutorial is indeed needed, one of the reason I didn't consider making empire more level of things. While I have the idea about how make the tutorial efficient in H&E, it won't come out quickly for the simple reason that's it's VERY long to make all the bunch of text and working, so except if someone else wanna do it, bear it for now.

*Heroes too easy to gain level ? that's the first time I heard it in H&E, I even increased exp gain in the next version. But anyway I am thinking to remade the items system, in short there will be a remake of items between the v1.2 and v1.3

*As unfortunate it's, I can't really do much to stop the road-making, I'll eventually think on workaround, but not now.

*I though about a ms bonus too on road, but the problem is that the road when they are finish become doodad, thus can't give aura and while it's possible to give every unit a ability that will work only on road (with a bunch of triggers). I don't think it's worth it...

edit : continuation...

*Trade system between empire, in the Age of Empire 2 exemple can be added, the trouble lie that generally you'll calculate distance between the two and use a function. Unfortunately it isn't that easy to make a working system like that, someone doing Vjass was working on one on WorldEdit. If you've got any idea about a "principle" of the trade system you can always tell, ideas are never wasted. (I think that was a bit too long)

*Diagonal, yeah I know that trouble but it's possible to do circular, and changing road size would probably be the worst thing to ever do. (that would happens only if precise request about it come...)

*Changing owner : I know that bug, happened to me too. Though we can fix it by killing the hero (who is being removed), I think the trouble lie in the changing owner system (damn rescusable that never work). fixed it three times already and really don't see the trouble anymore... and I don't see another system that can cause that so... will wait for now.
(If the problem persiste I'll release version without the trigger active so we can check if it's indeed that trigger)

And finally about screenshot, as I am on vista and it damn lag when taking screenshot, but also that jpg are a LOT smaller than tga of WC3, I recommand you to use Capturino v2.0 which I use. It's a very simple program and you don't have lag problem.

v1.2 coming soon

Last edited:
Level 2
I thought you meant that if people want new events. May be, a chance of falling meteor which provides some thing valuable where it hit.

The old Genesis of empire (or something else may be) has roads that give speed bonus aura.

If you can't really make a physical trade system then make the basic one. Like in AoE, you'd trade wood for money, food for money and vice versa.

For road-making worker, may be some kind of turn on/off morph?? and the morph would have the passive buff which the normal worker won't have. (You have 2 empty skill spot anyway)

Road can't be a 0 collision building???

Some idea: (These can come in later or sooner. It doesn't really matter.)

-Morning: provides warmth (increase regeneration? population rate? something)

-Night: adds X% miss chance (unless there a light source nearby) << this may not doable.

-Farms near a water source have an X% increase in food production and less food production on high land and barren.

-In pair with fire, people can't go on without water! Make wells! provide citizen bonus. Upgradeable to aqueducts ect...

-An upgrade version of Fire Station! Faster fireman!

-Make barracks and unit production building auto upgrade to the latest age when you upgrade Town Hall. I mean why do i have to rebuild a wooden barrack when i'm in the Laser Age!!!!!!

Level 4
*old Genesis don't turn road into unit, which isn't the best in H&E because making unit instead of road make the game lag more... (as houses were). as corpse road lag as much as a doodad so... very good if you make hundred of them.

*Morning and night can be used... gotta look about it.

*Not a bad idea for the bonus, the only problem is that it may increase lag (as actually, it just count the number of building of type "farm")

*The "well" : nice, just got the last new aura building :)

*Upgrading fireman... well that's sure would be useful, gonna make it.

*Wodden barrack... well the point is that there is plenty of upgrades so if it auto-evolve then you won't be able to choose, beside you can't change the building list of an unit, unless you make different workers... But as a new building is coming your problem will be somehow solved.

btw : Heroes are gonna love the new equipement system

edit : Bothering me... isn't the meteor event basically the same as the "Resource Pack" one ?

Level 4
Coming back from 4h + 2* 3h30 of exams... so progress can finally be made. The most should normally be updated in the end of the week at most. (New inventory system is freaking fun, but hellish to complete :p)

Level 4
Version is coming today, however I am currently searching for a rock and a wood model that can die...

Because the currents models doesn't disappear when they're taken as bonus which is troublesome... anyone having a good model or a workaround inform me.

Also new items are delayed due to long long work it need, item stacking is still ready.

Edit : Map updated (victory the preview image work !)

Edit2 : Map Updated to v1.2b, fixing some things (see the changelog)

Last edited:
Level 2
not a lot of stuff for empire :p

Why does it always say "Waiting for Players..." at the start of the game?

And make it so we don't have to wait for voting timer (e.i. game start right after everyone voted)

I don't see anything faster in "-vf" Doesn't work???

Btw, I got the screen shot of the citizens number out of bound

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_013010_110445_01.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Level 2
Ok I have a idea for the tradeing system, well two ideas.
Idea 1
Ok theres the market and it builds a unit that automaticly sets out for a allied market place preditermined by the market. For the amont of gold/resources/whatever it has infin hp and cant be attacked by anything and loses 1 hp per sec or somthing like that and you gain the amount of gold that hp he has loss or has left.

Idea 2
Same as the first 1 in the begining but it works with a timer for each caravan/whatever you name it it starts at like 5000 and when the unit is created it starts going down (or can start at 0 and go up but I dont know if thats possible) or up and when it gets in a certain distance you receive so much gold/resources/whatever as it has loss or gained.

Level 9
Ok I have a idea for the tradeing system, well two ideas.
Idea 1
Ok theres the market and it builds a unit that automaticly sets out for a allied market place preditermined by the market. For the amont of gold/resources/whatever it has infin hp and cant be attacked by anything and loses 1 hp per sec or somthing like that and you gain the amount of gold that hp he has loss or has left.

Idea 2
Same as the first 1 in the begining but it works with a timer for each caravan/whatever you name it it starts at like 5000 and when the unit is created it starts going down (or can start at 0 and go up but I dont know if thats possible) or up and when it gets in a certain distance you receive so much gold/resources/whatever as it has loss or gained.

Yeah, Age of Empires was a great game. :))

Level 3
There is a bug that can be exploited to get any of the following:

Max Gold (400K+ per tick)
100+ Million Food
Hire Hero (Give 4m + Exp, Think I heard I gave someone 200m in one tick)

If the developer wants the fix/bug send me a message

I'd rather keep this unknown to the general player that wants to enjoy the game.

Level 4
@kyle : bug gonna be fixed soon.

About the market system : the Idea 1 wasn't bad, just that cavavan could be attacked and count mana regenered instead of hp lost, which is a lot simplier :)

It may be a good idea, though I must watch out for abuse.

v1.3 will be more challenging, as Kalendren will be more annoying :) usual place won't always be safe anymore. Also resource bonus will be removed and replaced by another one.

Edit : v1.3 released, check changelog for more information.

Edit2 : just found a trouble about market system, since we always have wall it would need flying caravan... but I don't wanna flying ones so...

Last edited: