• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rising of Empires v 1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A map where you advance through civilization through five bases, seventeen combat units, many different researches, and ten defense towers, all while fighting off other players. Go from a simple peasant society to a futuristic laser shooting society of 1337ness. Do you have what it takes?

VERSION 1.3 UPDATES

-Minor bug fixes
-added ability to build for contractor (forgot to add in last ver)
-custom hero skin

Keywords:
advance time eras rise of empires medieval ancient future modern
Contents

Rising of Empires v 1.3 (Map)

Reviews
10:12, 7th Jul 2009 Linaze: Dull gameplay, poor terrain, tooltips lack hotkey, category abuse and lacks a proper description

M

10:12, 7th Jul 2009
Linaze: Dull gameplay, poor terrain, tooltips lack hotkey, category abuse and lacks a proper description

Level 22
Vote for Rejection

Barathrum's Review (Mini Moderator)

Map Name: Rise of Empires
Author: Lord Raymond

-----------------------------------------------
Description, Author, Map Name:
The Author and Map Name are ok, the description could be better. 8/10
Terrain:
The Terrain is bad. It is almoust empty in most places. 2/10
Triggers:
The triggers are ok , i didn't find any bugs in them. But you didn't include a quest menu and any hints and messages. 4/10
Gameplay:
The starting units shoulden't be on the same location if you ask me, since they are enemys. And the bad terrain also makes the game less fun. 2/10
Imported Material:
You have some useless files among the others. 7/10

Total: 23/50 = 46%/100%

Level 8
I had quite fun upgrading those buildings and units, but there are some serious issues.

- The income system. Once you build let's say, 10 farms, you get your income and build another 10 farms. With the next income you do it again and repeat it over and over. As you can build an unlimited amount of farms, you will get extremely much gold, and since units are very cheap, you can just send an endless wave of units to the enemy.

You should:
- Or put a construction limit on the farms
- Or make everything more expensive

- The wood income is very low, it would take ages to get to the latest age.
- The terrain is awful. Really awful. Even for map types like this.
- The researching rates are very slow.
- The tooltips can spoil the game (although I found quite funny ^^)
- Screw that ''only 1 ultimate tower thing, so destroy your other ones''. Again, just put build limit trigger on it.

I did give it a 3/5. It is a very simple game but i think it can be fun.

Level 2
I had quite fun upgrading those buildings and units, but there are some serious issues.

- The income system. Once you build let's say, 10 farms, you get your income and build another 10 farms. With the next income you do it again and repeat it over and over. As you can build an unlimited amount of farms, you will get extremely much gold, and since units are very cheap, you can just send an endless wave of units to the enemy.

You should:

- Screw that ''only 1 ultimate tower thing, so destroy your other ones''. Again, just put build limit trigger on it.

1. I am planning to limit farms to five or ten. and to the other Im also adding more units which will be much more expensive, and i never updated the cost to go with bonus income, however, these will all come in next ver or two.

2.I will add wood income buildings, and add more terrain =D. I will most likely slightly decrease the time for mainstream researches, however it has to be somewhat realistic. I dont get the tooltips comment :confused: Ill add more ultimate towers and possibly add new choices.

Level 27
Limit farms to 10.
Wood income? Maybe some kinda like temples/labs/schools?
Also, make a trriger that would replace all of the workers when you upgrade your main building. Like this: you go from stone age to medieval and all your stone age workers are replaced by medieval workers. So this way you won't need to start all over with barracks upgrading from slave hut to future barracks...

EDIT: Terrain! make it better!

Level 8
1. I am planning to limit farms to five or ten. and to the other Im also adding more units which will be much more expensive, and i never updated the cost to go with bonus income, however, these will all come in next ver or two.

2.I will add wood income buildings, and add more terrain =D. I will most likely slightly decrease the time for mainstream researches, however it has to be somewhat realistic. I dont get the tooltips comment :confused: Ill add more ultimate towers and possibly add new choices.

Ah, I already see improvement. The lumber mill is a good idea.

Still have sum things to say:
- Forgot to say first time but the UI armor Icons for units all don't work. There just green squares. Dunno what you did with em, but its something that defenitly needs to be fixed.

- S|lave Worker (Says enough eh?)
- Other Researches Center... Kinda dumb name...
- Oh and about the tooltips; they say things like: ''Slave Worker - A basic worker to do your bidding' =D'' Those smilies make your map look less proffesional. And also one of the basic upgrades: ''Makes your units endure more PAIN!!!'' Don't use capital letters and a lot of exclamation marks...

Just change them to: ''Slave Worker - Basic worker that constructs and repairs buildings'' and: ''Increases your units armor'' Just very simple tooltips that explain all what that unit can do in one or two lines...

- You should remove the fact that your spirit dies after 3 minutes. You better replace it with ''After 3 minutes your base will be automaticly constructe'd at the current location of the wisp''.

- Oh and, that tutorial is a bit unnecessary, this game is very easy to understand, but it is good that you added some tips in the quest log.

Keep it up:thumbs_up:

Level 8
There I am again XD

You should'nt put the hero near the spirit at the start of the game. Because, if you play on Bnet, all player are enemies and there heroes go attacking each other. You should make him available for purchase in the town hall or something...

For thew rest everything is fine! GJ:thumbs_up:
Yoyu also fixed that armor icon bug thing.

Level 22

You should:

How did you get a 3/5 !?
I don't think yo reviewed the map any good...