• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Zandalari Stalker

Forest Troll/Jungle Troll female hero riding on a tiger. Have fun with it.

And no, it's not a simple PoTM edit. Compare the two models side by side and you'll see that the only thing left of PoTM is... nothing. Because it's not based on it. (Except the animations of the rider)

Update: Removed the green tinting of the armor, kinda bugged me aswell.

Update: Fixed death sound.

Update: Changed the texture of the pads and the bracers (as suggested) - a huge improvement to the model indeed. Also fixed the attachment points, which should be working correctly now. I tried my best to fix her pose, but if I change it too drastically she looks like as she had no grip and would somehow be glued to the tiger. Hope it's okay now as it is.

Keywords:
hero, jungle, troll, forest, tiger, archer, bow, huntress, stalker,
Contents

Hero Zandalari Stalker (Model)

Hero Zandalari Stalker (Model)

Reviews
03:28, 22nd Feb 2016 HappyCockroach: Firstly I got to say I would love to give this model 5/5 rating for how nice it is to have a female troll with such rich features adding to the troll race. The idea of using the Furbolg Elder texture here was...

M

03:28, 22nd Feb 2016
HappyCockroach:
Firstly I got to say I would love to give this model 5/5 rating for how nice it is to have a female troll with such rich features adding to the troll race. The idea of using the Furbolg Elder texture here was great, and turned out nice. And it's clear to see how you tweaked animations to fit your concept. Now, some aspects that would do better fixed, and some aspects that need to be fixed:
- Recommended fix: A rider should embrace its mount animal with its legs. The troll's current pose isn't consonant to that idea, she's rather 'standing up' on top of the mounted animal. This image for instance, shows a more plausible pose.
- Recommended fix: The tiger's armor pads look too voluminous, and their textures aren't fitting very well with the rest of the model. They'd do better following the same pattern the tiger's mask does right now.
- Obligatory: many attachment points in your model aren't attached to any bone. That makes it impossible to attach weapons, armor and such to those. Please fix that.
That's it, basically. Your model is lovely and will surely be very useful to many. :)

19:27, 3rd Mar 2016
HappyCockroach:
You did the changes required, so approved. It's a pretty well-done model, of great creativity and usefulness.

Level 25
The arrow in the model previewer, is it just a bug that it dissapears from time to time, or is it in the model?

And I don't really like the teal shading of the head and the armor parts.
Fix that and I'll like it.

Level 26
Too bad that couldn't have made it ride a raptor. If you clipped the front legs and raised the head, that would fit a raptor pretty welll. Also, it would look pretty funny when it runs by jumping as if it was a kangaroo. Adding a custom walking animation to that would make it even more awesome.

Still the model is well made.

Level 21
The arrow in the viewer disappears and reappears in the viewer.Not sure if it's a problem with the model or the viewer(I guess it's the viewer)
Other than that,well made model

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i am sure kyrbi0 will love this.

Level 12
Why you did not make human one on a tiger.

There are too many models of undead, night elf and orc. Human there are not enough.
How about you make your own human model then?

Also there are very very many human models. There are less night elves than humans. There are less trolls than humans. There are less taurens than humans. Less dwarves than humans etc.

Level 51
The arrow in the model previewer, is it just a bug that it dissapears from time to time, or is it in the model?

And I don't really like the teal shading of the head and the armor parts.
Fix that and I'll like it.

A bug of the viewer.

And I fixed the teal shading. At first I wanted to make him look like the tiger from wow, but it didn't really fit.

The arrow in the viewer disappears and reappears in the viewer.Not sure if it's a problem with the model or the viewer(I guess it's the viewer)
Other than that,well made model

A bug of the viewer.

Thank you.

Just waiting for his comment :xxd:

There are too many models of undead, night elf and orc. Human there are not enough.

Well obvious reason: I didn't want to.

How about you make your own human model then?

Also there are very very many human models. There are less night elves than humans. There are less trolls than humans. There are less taurens than humans. Less dwarves than humans etc.

Yep.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

who the hell rate this beautiful model with 1/5? such a troll.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Just waiting for his comment :xxd:
Keep waiting. :p

I love this site, and how well it knows me. Invariably on Troll models are the comments "just wait for Kyrbi0". xD

Too bad that couldn't have made it ride a raptor. If you clipped the front legs and raised the head, that would fit a raptor pretty welll. Also, it would look pretty funny when it runs by jumping as if it was a kangaroo. Adding a custom walking animation to that would make it even more awesome.

Still the model is well made.
I like Raptors... A lot. But a bow-wielder on a raptor? All the bumping around can't be good. More importantly, this is an Amani troll; only Gurubashi tame/ride raptors.

I have a raptor rider model done and ready, check my gallery on my profile. Full rights belong to Kyrbi0 though, which is why I never released it
<3

Got anything positive to say about the model? I get constructive criticism, but he put a good deal of time, energy & effort into this; the least you can do is actually talk about what it is rather than complain about what it isn't.

Also, humans don't really ride tigers, so there's that.

~~~

Pretty sick, man. Something about this is really attractive to me; though it's a filthy Amani Troll, it's still a Troll, and no one's made a solid "tiger-rider" model yet to my knowledge. I love the armor, really sets it apart (and gray > green, glad to see). A Jungle Troll version would be sick.

One of my favorite parts of this lady is the fact that one of the first things I thought when I saw this was "now here's a Hero model". This gal seems to fit the bill pretty well; unique armor bits, neat hair, schweet mount, etc etc. It all comes together quite well in a way which I know has eluded you in the past. So kudos!

The one area where that is not quite true is the area upon which Eagle XI & myself agree; the mask. I love the mask, it looks nifty... Just not on her. Not on a hero, generally. Heroes really benefit from not being faceless mooks (i.e. Units), and this mask does all of that; faceless-ifying, obscuring, trivializing. There's no emotion in that mask, no opportunity for the mouth to move, no colors or warpaint or anything. It's one of the reasons I believe Blizzard ultimately tore the mask off the Shadow Hunter (check beta pics); seeing his face makes him more of a character & less of a concept, more meaningful, less mook-ish.

I'll admit, I don't really see the differences between this and the PotM model (though I'll take your word that they are not the same)... Except for that nifty Spell-Slam animation. That is definitely needed & quite useful.

Cool stuff, brah!

Level 1
I really like it when I look at a model and instantly know what game it is from. And this one fits in perfectly. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the mask, i would love to see a more detailed texture for it.

I give you 4/5!

The fact you wanted more human models to be made doesn't justify the 1/5 rating you gave. When rating, rate the model itself, not how bad you wanted it or not.

This model is of great quality and will be useful to many.

Level 2
. No offense but .. as for me stalker usually will turn invisible and backstabing foe from behind. So tht name is not suit for it. :)

Level 2
I like the tiger, it sort of enforces the fact that the Zandalari are for all trolls, so they would be riding Zulians, but there are a couple of things I see that aren't as good.

The face I can only presume is grey because of warpaint. It does not look like warpaint, it looks like an unfinished 3D render. I don't think you should use warpaint at all, because the Zandalari don't use it as much as the other troll tribes, but if you do, you should try studying the other trolls in the game to see how they did their warpaint.

The other thing is the skin color. Why is this unit green? The zandalari are not green, they are tan, grey, or white. I strongly suggest changing it to this color. It will heavily improve the unit.

Other than that, it's a good unit. A couple of changes are all it needs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I really want to see a Zandalari riding a raptor, preferably the feathered one that just came out with Legion.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I like the tiger, it sort of enforces the fact that the Zandalari are for all trolls, so they would be riding Zulians, but there are a couple of things I see that aren't as good.

The face I can only presume is grey because of warpaint. It does not look like warpaint, it looks like an unfinished 3D render. I don't think you should use warpaint at all, because the Zandalari don't use it as much as the other troll tribes, but if you do, you should try studying the other trolls in the game to see how they did their warpaint.

The other thing is the skin color. Why is this unit green? The zandalari are not green, they are tan, grey, or white. I strongly suggest changing it to this color. It will heavily improve the unit.

Other than that, it's a good unit. A couple of changes are all it needs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I really want to see a Zandalari riding a raptor, preferably the feathered one that just came out with Legion.
I like the cut of your jib.

That being said, I think he chose "Zandalari" for the "cool name" factor alone; in the description he writes "Forest/Jungle Troll".

Level 2
I like the cut of your jib.

That being said, I think he chose "Zandalari" for the "cool name" factor alone; in the description he writes "Forest/Jungle Troll".

1. What is a jib?
2. I will still get this skin, but that statement really disappoints me. The Zandalari are my favorite troll faction.

Level 2
PROXY, if you are reading this, I strongly suggest completely overhauling your model to have what I suggested.