• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So... If this ain't all just photoshopped it is confirmed.

http://playxp.com/sc2/bbs/view.php?article_id=1932448

Last edited:
Level 4
It's not this Korean guy, who has gone through the trouble and sorted out Hero creation system in StarCraft 2 Beta (using Google Translate, it doesn't seem like he says this mod was his own work though). The man behind this mod was of Chinese decent. So credit given should be altered.

Here's the original post with a download link and plenty of images:
CLICK ME

Level 8
Well, actually it can be placed anywhere. We're able to modify the interface to a great extend.
Go to the FPS preview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNPrnY4K_4

Not as great as it seems. Seems mostly like its a more advanced multiboard so the interface will still be on the side of the screen.

The inventory will probably be added. I don't think adding a inventory to your hero for the beta was their top priority. You can probably expect it to be added in the final sc2.

Level 5
This looks really cool! They even have the experience system. I wonder if bounty is still in.

Anyone know if there are any screenshots of the Galaxy Editor? Makes me wonder why Blizzard hasn't shown us much of it. Just seeing a screenshot of the object editor would be awesome.

Level 3
At the moment hero wise we have:

• XP and Leveling
  • Attributes
  • Spells with level requirement
  • Inventory displaying a model
  • Slot that filters by item classes
  • Items that have a 3D representation ingame and give abilities
  • Stackable items
  • Item shops

If you want to know how it's done and get screenshots + videos:

This is still an active area of research. We make progress every day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.