• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta possibly back online on July 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
For those of you who can read French:
http://www.team-aaa.com/news-16590-0-1-la_beta_reprend_le_premier_juillet.html

For all of the others, it basically says that some dude saw a poster in a PCBANG cyber cafe in Korea on which it was written that the SC2 beta will resume on June 27th exclusively in those cyber cafes, and for the rest of the world on July 1st.

This doesn't seem to be confirmed by Blizzard yet.

Level 11
This was posted on Sc2 Mapster

Few days ago went a Starcraft 2 Korean event. We learned some interesting things: "Chris Siggarty announced the final closed beta is going to be for around 2 weeks starting in early July.". It is likely that early July means 1st July. There's also a Starcraft 2 branded plane! Source: Team Liquid

Level 3
Well, i certainly hope so, so I can play all the awesome maps people have been tinkering with!

Edit :
OT : Does anyone remember the name of the map where "bad to the bone" was playing, in midi, and you were a bunch of reapers being chased by zerglings?

Let's think of something.

Starcraft II gets released on the 27th of july.
Blizzard needs 2 weeks to run a 2nd beta test.
remove 7 from 27, since they won't release it RIGHT after the beta.
Remove 14 more, due to the 2 week beta.
So, we end up that the beta is gonna launch one of these 6 days. My vote is for the 1st, since they will have to do a lot of stuff in order to get a functioning retail Starcraft 2.

High Chances for Starcraft 2 beta to come online TODAY!

I am sure that all of you WoW fans have noticed the extended maintainance that started today.

If you aren't a wow fan, just keep in mind that there is a maintainance every wednesday. Today, there was an extend to it, due to the Battle.net Real ID feature.

So, here's my thought on this.

Since Starcraft II uses the same login server as wow, both of the games have to be up. Thus, allowing the games to connect properly, and no bugs caused by WoW client trying to connect while the Sc2 server is up, and vice versa.

So, my beliefs is that they're delaying the maintainance to start up the beta!

Level 3
um, my point stands?

There's extended maintenance because of the patch. You keep talking about them needing to test real ID cross-game, but that's obviously not the case since you could not use real ID between WoW's PTR and Sc2 Beta.

By your logic, US beta should already be live.

um, my point stands?

There's extended maintenance because of the patch. You keep talking about them needing to test real ID cross-game, but that's obviously not the case since you could not use real ID between WoW's PTR and Sc2 Beta.

By your logic, US beta should already be live.

Have you ever thought about the reasons betas exist?

Level 6
wtf i just started sc2 and got some strange loadscreen at the beginning, i have never seen that. something is going on here oO

does someone else spot this?

it also needs much longer to start

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 309
Level 22
^That screen is when you're about to update a new patch and always appears before patches.

Dont you think there would be a message about upcoming patch and stuff in the log on screen if it would be 'today'? Currently it is staying with the 'We're closing on June 7th' have a nice day'.

Major patches - Patch 9, 13, were done Friday evening to Saturday EU time, so it may actually start on July 3rd and because it is the end of the week and beta ended on Monday, it may start on July 5th.

Level 4
wtf i just started sc2 and got some strange loadscreen at the beginning, i have never seen that. something is going on here oO

does someone else spot this?

it also needs much longer to start

Ive been getting that for some time now. You can cancel it by going to Task Manager and ending the process. At least, that's how I get rid of it on Vista.

Level 4
Man, if it would'eve been today :(
Well, it should come back before July the 6th, to give us some more beta time, and because they said that the beta will be up a maximum of two weeks until release, and will be closed a week after release, so kudos to you Stathisdjs for making this clear sort of/

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ok I merged the 2 threads covering almost the exact same topic (Beta will resume soon / around July 1).
As such the order of post respones might be slighlty confusing.

Anyway I suspect they will have to activate the beta soon or run the risk of improper testing before release. Just to warn you guys, you can probably expect a large patch with beta found fixes on release date as it looks doubtful that they will only start printing a week before launch.

Level 20
In any case, I'd expect Bliz to announce the second phase of the beta at least two days before it actually goes back online. There really is no reason to secretly start the second phase. In fact, it would be better for them to announce it beforehand so that they can monitor server stress in a situation similar to the official release.

Level 11
Or they're just forgetting about SC2...

Yes of course! Blizzard has just somehow completely forgot about SC2, the entire team behind it must have come down with a sudden case of mass amnesia! lol

Just chill guys :p it'll be back soon, I personally don't mind if it comes back soon or not as I just finally got a new job ^_^, little free time now though which kinda sucks :(

Level 18
Yes of course! Blizzard has just somehow completely forgot about SC2, the entire team behind it must have come down with a sudden case of mass amnesia! lol

Just chill guys :p it'll be back soon, I personally don't mind if it comes back soon or not as I just finally got a new job ^_^, little free time now though which kinda sucks :(

Indeed, I knew something like that was the answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.