• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Ranger (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)

Hero Ranger (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)

Model by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Descriptions:
I've got inspired by the Hero Ranger from the alpha and pre-beta versions of Warcraft III, so I've made a little remake from it to make this model look similar.
Body part is based on the Sylvanas Windrunner model, while the head and the hood is based on the Jaina portrait model with a few shape edits. I also cleaned up the cape.
And all textures are ingame, so don't worry about special paths.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

Hint:
Recommended soundset/voice for this unit is the Shandris soundset.

Keywords:
hero, ranger, archer, high, elf, highelf, beta, pre-beta, alpha, amazon, alleria, scarface, sylvanas, female
Contents

Hero Ranger (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like) (Model)

Hero Ranger (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like) (Model)

Reviews
00:08, 14th Jun 2009 shamanyouranus: Very nice. Looks very 'Amazon'-ish. This could prove to be very useful.

M

00:08, 14th Jun 2009
shamanyouranus: Very nice. Looks very 'Amazon'-ish. This could prove to be very useful.

Attachments

• BTNHeroRanger.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,135
  • BTNHeroRanger.jpg
    BTNHeroRanger.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 55,444
  • DISBTNHeroRanger.jpg
    DISBTNHeroRanger.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 29,782
  • scorescreen-hero-ranger.jpg
    scorescreen-hero-ranger.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 29,712
Last edited:
Level 2
I recall suggesting this a while back in the forums. Whether or not its a coincidence, its AWESOME. :grin:

Thank you!

Level 6
Well this is pretty nice :) I think blizzard sucks at choosing the right models but maybe they thought that these were fitting for warcraft instead?

Awesome model.
Much better then Blizzards ranger(why blizzard? Why did you delete those awesome models from beta. Its good that peopl like you try to... revive them.

Blizzard still have the models in the game, the texture he used is an ingame texture called HeroRanger but it's not used in the game, also the sylvanas model have the texture in it's model, but as I said it's not used. Anyone with the knowlege to change textures in Magos can make a samiliar model in two minutes. But I must say that the new head is a huge inprovment, Bloddy well done

Level 11
Blizzard still have the models in the game, the texture he used is an ingame texture called HeroRanger but it's not used in the game, also the sylvanas model have the texture in it's model, but as I said it's not used. Anyone with the knowlege to change textures in Magos can make a samiliar model in two minutes. But I must say that the new head is a huge inprovment, Bloddy well done

Yeap he's right, plus the reason why Blizzard removed that skin is because they think it's a bit to ''exposed'' if you know what I mean. Besides the Ranger is a High Elf not a Amazonian that also the other reason it was removed.

There are some slight changes.

Attachments

• HeroRanger.jpg
    HeroRanger.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 315
Level 11
Well there are differences between High Elf and Night Elf. Night Elf are nature loving people, hence Amazonian chicks with purple skin and pointy ears lol.

High Elf is arcane magic hungry civilzation, and the fact that they have no tattoos on there faces is one big hint why this model isn't on the official release.

Level 1
High Elves are also known for being "nature loving" just not to the degree of night elves'.

Specially their Rangers who are druidic, in fact, there are even High Elven Druid Magi in lore.

BTW, the model is awesome 5/5.

Level 5
blizzard should have used this :mad:

Well there are differences between High Elf and Night Elf. Night Elf are nature loving people, hence Amazonian chicks with purple skin and pointy ears lol.

High Elf is arcane magic hungry civilzation, and the fact that they have no tattoos on there faces is one big hint why this model isn't on the official release.

but look on sylvanas's arms (and on dark ranger model + evil sylvanas) on arms theres tatoos on sylvanas (alive) its green on undead sylvanas (dark ranger too) its black

Last edited by a moderator: