• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero problem on self-made map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey Guys! I made a big map, with a lot of changes, to make an epic battle. I made, to every hero can level up to 20 and I added another level to every skill they had and I gave every hero attribute bonus, just like the bonus campaign. My problem is, the heroes controlled by the computer don't use their skills at all. Not even the deafult ones. I can't figure out how to fix the problem. Any ideas?
Thanks in forward! :)

Level 28
You could the the AI to level up heroes abilities like ShadowFlare said which will be the best option imo or you could use triggers to level them up.
  • Level Blizzard
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains A Level
    • Conditions
      • (Leveling Hero) Equal to Archmage 0000 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Leveling Hero): Human Archmage - Blizzard

Level 28
Okay, it didn't quite help me. Can someone give some more specific ideas?
My problem is, the heroes controlled by the computer don't use their skills at all. Not even the deafult ones.
I'm little confused here. You mean the AI doesn't learn their skills or they simply don't use them even if they already learned them? If it's the latter then normally the AI will cast any spells if it's based on an ability that is auto-casted by the AI like Holy Fire, War Stomp, Blizzard, etc...
Alternatively, you can manually order those heroes to cast their spells.
  • Unit - Order (SomeHero) to "Cast Some Spell"

Level 2
I'm little confused here. You mean the AI doesn't learn their skills or they simply don't use them even if they already learned them? If it's the latter then normally the AI will cast any spells if it's based on an ability that is auto-casted by the AI like Holy Fire, War Stomp, Blizzard, etc...
Alternatively, you can manually order those heroes to cast their spells.
  • Unit - Order (SomeHero) to "Cast Some Spell"
They don't use any of the spells or the auras.
Could be the problem, that the map was made in 1.26 editor from the start? Because I just tried the map in 1.26 and the AI heroes used their skill...
And I continued editing in the latest editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.