• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, I got this hero idea stuck in my head and I've no use of it. It might be abit tricky/hard but here it goes. I proudly present to you:

The Symbiotic
The Symbiotic is an organism who infiltrates and controls other beings. This hero will use only 1 spell(after specializaton), which is "create symbiosis". When you create a symbiose with another creature. When you control another creature you will have access to several abilities which "fits" the creature you control. You can at any time break the symbiosis, although the cooldown is long, and the creature might turn against you.

The organism can also specialize in three different ways.

Parasit(ism?): A parasit symbiosis is when the being gains, while the host loses something. As a parasit you will be able to control tougher creatures, and wreck more havok, allthough you have few defenses. Some creatures may even have limited control time.

Kommensalism: A kommensalistic symbiosis is when one part gains, while the other is unaffected. This is the most balanced specialization which can, among others, provide lesser chances of treachery and lesser cooldown time.

Mutualism A mutualistic symbiosis is when both parts gain on the synbiosis. This specialization will give you greater defenses, and even some healing spells. Allthough you will loose some damage. When played right, this can provide to be the best specialization.

Example:

Parasite choose to symbiose with a bear. When you control the bear your primary stat is AGI, and you have the abilities
(Charge, Smash, Bloodlust and Ferocity)

Kommunalist choose bear too. The primary stat will be INT, and the abilities
(Fearie Fire, Roar(buff), Swipe and Packleader)

Mutualist play as a bear. When you control the bear, your main stat is STR and your abilities will be
(Slam, Taunting Roar, Thick Hide((devotion aura)) and Avatar)

So, this might be a hell of a scripting-job but I believe it would be cool to play as different roles, but still have some restrictions.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Level 7
This hero can have a whole map our it. Where all players are symbiots or maybe just some of them, and they have alot of creatures to be their hosts.

it can be some kind of a "Werewolf" game where one of the players is the symbiot, and he can attach to the other players (either with them knowing or without) and all the non symbiot players needs to kiil it.

it can be some kind of survival game where all players are symbiots and need to survive (staying without a host for too long will kill you). and there are all kind of animals and races with pretty cool AI going about their buissness (lion eats giesele and stuff) and you need to survive in the mess (and possibly kiil other players while you can't really know who they attach to).

hmm that seems to be a good idea..but when all the players are symbiotic it will no be weird? the gameplay must be thinked before it starts even

why dont make an ultimate power it could be "absorbiosis" kind of, allows the hero to switch all the stats, model file, and everyting exept inventary for a short duration,

I think the symbiotic could use the water elemental mdf

Level 4
all the powers do the same i think, so its better to only include one power of those however u can make better than that

I don't really get what you are trying to say.

Anyways the idea is open for you to tweak it and play with it. I just hope you would be kind to give a credit note to me for "original" idea ;)

Level 4
what im trying to say is that all the powers are very similar, so only include one in that hero and make other powers kind of more diferent, make a copycat power, to copy mob abilities

Yeah, but when you have the various creatures you get different abilities. And the bear thingy was just an example

Status
Not open for further replies.