• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of some inspiration: abilities based on specilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm at a loss with good ideas for abilities. Let me give the readers an idea of what I'm looking for so they understand what fits in the context of the map. Each class has 3 specializations (they are heavily based off Morrowind) and when that specialization is selected their abilities switch. Let me give you a rundown of my specialization list:
-Alteration
-Conjuration
-Illusion
-Destruction
-Restoration
-Stealth
-Blunt
-Blade
-Block
-Spear
-Archery
-Duel Wield
-2 Handed Weapons
-Hand to hand

So, for example, the Pilgrim class will specialize in "Restoration", "Block", and "Blunt". When they need to heal or apply buffs, they switch to "Restoration". When in combat they'll be switching between "Blunt" and "Block" (as long as they have a blunt weapon (mace or axe) equipped or a shield.

I need at least 3 abilities for each specialization, specifically the ones that involve melee attacks.

Any ideas?

Level 28
-Alteration
Reduce/Increase Armor, Attack and Move speed, temporary HP boost
-Conjuration
Summon Familiar, Fireball,
-Illusion
Mirror Image, Smoke Bomb (Cloud),
-Destruction
Destroy Weapon (permanent damage reduction), Wound (does damage), Desintegrate (very high damage but corresponding chance of failure)
-Restoration
Heal, Debuff
-Stealth
Wind Walk (no time limit), Backstab (high damage but must be from behind)
-Blunt
Bash, Break Armor (permanent armor reduction)
-Blade
Slash (does initial and periodic damage), Bladelock (both units stunned),
-Block (I'm assuming this means a shield)
Shield Slam (stun enemy at melee range), Defend
-Spear
Parry (Evasion), Ranged Attack (but leaves user disadvantaged for a few seconds), Trip (stuns enemy)
-Archery
Snipe (slower attack, greater damage), Arrowstorm (reduced accuracy, increased rate of fire), Single Shot (Channeling, the longer spell is channelled, the greater range and damage it has)
-Duel Wield
Bladelock (both units are stunned, but the Dual Wielder damages the enemy equal to his offhand weapon)
-2 Handed Weapons
Cleave, Parry (as with spears)
-Hand to hand
Chokehold (enemy is stunned and takes damage, must be behind to work), One-Two Punch (If the second attack hits, does double damage), Throat Punch (enemy is Silenced).

Level 3
Thanks. I will definitely implement some of those attacks. I'm writing them all down right now. One question... something I've been wondering... how would I set up a spell that can only be cast from behind a unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.