• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need some ideas for a tank map that im making. I could use ideas both for weapons but also for equipment, gear or special abilities. I will credit you in the map if i use one of your ideas. Please help anything can be used! (actually no:xxd:)

Level 5
Hypergravitational Multidirectional Pulse Bomb: fires a bomb that pulls all units towards it then explodes, dealing heavy damage and knocking units back towards where they started.

Basically, an area CC that allows other aoe spells to burn through the trapped tanks ^.^

Level 15
General idea (would require custom models and advanced coding)

Tank tower can rotate separately from the tank itself. Missile is shot in the line, hitting any obstacle. Tank moves not like WC3 unit, but more like a real tank (no deliberate turns on spot, etc.). Tanks have different points where a missile can hit (front armor, side armor, cannon, tracks, fuel tank, etc.), with different effects from that.
Destroyed tanks leave nigh-indestructible debris, which can be used as obstacle.

(All of this is inspired by a very cool russian game, roughly translated as "Behind Enemy Lines". There was a very realistic tank combat. Such system allows very interesting tactical combat and requires quite a skill to master. A skilled player can alone defeat several heavier and more powerful tanks, while riding a lighter and weaker one, simply by using cover smartly and shooting only when the moment is right.

Although such system is hard to make.

Level 4
Its a tank only battle. FFA or maybe if i have the patince i will make a team function.
I like the implosion-explosion idea ubran, very useful. That weapon may also be very expensive as it also is very effective.
Well i already implented a "real" missile system where you have to aim the tank and shot and then the missile is fired in the angle the tank is turning. then when the missile hits a tank OR is stopped in another way it will explode. Making seperat parts of a model to rotate is complicated and also few models have the ability to do so. About a movement system i could make it i tried it before, BUT you will have to steer with arrow keys AND another major problem is that when this is used, unless i change the system a bit, the way missiles hit tanks will not work. So unless i can fix something in the triggers that may allow the use of the missile system i will use the unrealistic and bumpy wc3 movement style.

Note: I use GUI but i am very flexible using it.

Level 5
I realize now that my spell idea kinda defeats the purpose of itself it shoots the unit back where they started, maybe push em away from the center, so that it can backfire and knock em to safety if they find a way to move fast enough to escape gravity somewhat? adds some skill to the game, right?

Level 4
I realize now that my spell idea kinda defeats the purpose of itself it shoots the unit back where they started, maybe push em away from the center, so that it can backfire and knock em to safety if they find a way to move fast enough to escape gravity somewhat? adds some skill to the game, right?

No i thought that the explosion should throw the tanks far more back than they where at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.