• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Druid hero idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to create a hero that has three different forms ( at his Q, W and E abilities ) : Bear Form, Cat Form, and Crow Form. When he activates that form, he will stay in it permanently. To switch forms, it would NOT be necessary to revert back to human form. Like, I can go from Bear for to Cat form, not needing to go Bear- human - cat.

Also, each form, when active, will have their button ( Q,W or E ) replaced with another spell. Like, if bear' button is Q, when that form is activated, that "Q" button will be gone ( the bear form button ) and a new spell, specific for that form, will appear.

Any ideas on how can I do this?

Level 5
I want to create a hero that has three different forms ( at his Q, W and E abilities ) : Bear Form, Cat Form, and Crow Form. When he activates that form, he will stay in it permanently. To switch forms, it would NOT be necessary to revert back to human form. Like, I can go from Bear for to Cat form, not needing to go Bear- human - cat.

Also, each form, when active, will have their button ( Q,W or E ) replaced with another spell. Like, if bear' button is Q, when that form is activated, that "Q" button will be gone ( the bear form button ) and a new spell, specific for that form, will appear.

Any ideas on how can I do this?
well I know I have made in my map a wolf form I can upload a default map with the skill so you can see it [Credits would be appreciated]

Attachments

• Druid.w3x
    46.2 KB · Views: 50
Level 10
Here's how I would do it:

1. Make 4 spells based on channel, with different order ids (morph to human/cat/bear/crow)

2. make 4 dummy spells based on crow form, and set the ORIGINAL form unit to what you want to morph into

3. Create a trigger for each channel-based ability, in which you
-add and remove the corresponding crow-form based ability
-remove the channel based ability

I'm not sure how this will work for a hero unit. If there are problems with crow form, you can try metamorphosis instead at step 2.

Level 5
Here's how I would do it:

1. Make 4 spells based on channel, with different order ids (morph to human/cat/bear/crow)

2. make 4 dummy spells based on crow form, and set the ORIGINAL form unit to what you want to morph into

3. Create a trigger for each channel-based ability, in which you
-add and remove the corresponding crow-form based ability
-remove the channel based ability

I'm not sure how this will work for a hero unit. If there are problems with crow form, you can try metamorphosis instead at step 2.
This is good idea but long work

Status
Not open for further replies.