• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Glow Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello!

Situation is simple: I need to give hero glow model to unit.
Devotion aura with no effect, just graphics, but...

For example, I play as 1 player and set blue color in the begining.
When I train my 'hero' he has glow, but it's red.

The same thing happening with other units, that have that aura-glow.

The problem is in Aura?
Or with model?

Thank everybody for any information! :as:

Level 3
I try to use this model.

Unit has an aura with this model effect attached to units origin.

And, like I said before, I playing as 1st player.
If I use default color for 1st player (I mean RED), everything work correctly.
But if I change default RED to BLUE or any other color, my heroes will be with blue vanilla glow, instead of hero with imported glow - it will be RED.

Level 21
It's simple. You base yourself on an item ability like Shadow Orb Ability which has no icon but attaches special effects. You set everything to 0 then change Art - Target to the Hero Glow model. Change weapon to origin.
Now give this custom skill to your hero and it's done!

Level 21
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Change color of (Trained unit) to (Color of (Owner of (Trained unit)))
I suggest using something that stacks with other abilities. Using Devotion could interfere with other units using a Devotion-based ability. Item Armor Bonus is used in the example map.

Attachments

• Trained Unit Glow Fix.w3x
    13.6 KB · Views: 175
Level 3
As I know, Shadow Orb or other item abilities has icons, but they look like disabled and have no description.
So I need to make a SpellBook and then add item ability to it.
Am I right?

Now I use SpellBook with 1 ability: devotion aura (unit spell), to add glow effect to unit.
Is there any difference between using an Aura and Orb ability?
Or difference between Item and Unit ability?
I mean difference in getting color id by glow model?

Level 4
No need to make a spellbook. try using an item ability like life/armor bonus and change its art so it attaches hero glow. attribute bonus could also work as you can decide whether the icon is shown but most item abilities do not show an icon on the command card anyways
i dont think your color problem depends on the ability you use
for your color problem do exactly what Tickles said, change the units color to the color of its owner when its trained or enters map
the color of attachments is always buggy but this usually fixes it.

Level 11
Here's the exact tutorial of what you want to do and how to do it :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...78/how-add-hero-glow-without-modeling-146416/

EDIT**

Actually, scratch that - the model in this tutorial apparently broke with one of the WC3 updates, according to author notes. Try this glow instead: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/aura-49241/?prev=search=Hero%20Glow%20Aura&d=list&r=20

You could also try using the 'sphere' ability, and make sure you are attaching the Glow to the 'origin' (under the Art - target field in your ability).

Level 9
The hero glow model works on an ability called Life Regeneration Aura. Just attach the model to this ability, then set the values to 0 so that it won't regen anybody.

This is the only ability I know that changes the Glow model according to the team color of the unit given.

It MIGHT be possible that you can change the color of the glow that way you want it using this.

Status
Not open for further replies.