• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Experience - Creep help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, i'm not an idiot. It's just that i have my experience system set. So that i can get to level 100 and so on. But the thing is, it's so easy to level! I know i've changed constants and i'm downright confused. What the issue is, i have a level 50 kill a level 50 creep. He will gain way too much exp for my liking. I would like it so that it becomes increasingly difficult with each passing level. IE: at level 99 it'd take you 4 hours to level. Also my problem is, i want my creeps at level 15 to be a level 15 kind of creep. This means i don't want level 20's killing lower level creeps. So level = level. I'm just confused now, and i searched and have nowhere to turn. So can someone help me with an easy exp system which will make it increasingly harder for each level. I'm trying to say if a level 1 kills a level 1, he would get the same exp as a level 99 killing a level 99. I want it to be different. Harder. HELP!
thanks,
Slamon

Level 7
You could just change how much experience a hero needs to level so it will become harder to level up?

Advanced --> Gameplay Constants --> Hero XP gained - Hero, Table.
There you just write how much XP heroes needs to reach next level. If you want heroes to need 150 xp / level you cannot write like this:

Cuz that means he needs 150 xp to reach lvl 3. It would look like this:

Ok? Happy to help :smile:

Level 7
You can also change the "Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table" to:

Cause then you will get 1% less xp for killing creeps for each level your hero gain.
Level 1 - 100%
Level 2 - 99%
Level 3 - 98%
and so on...

So when he is at level 99 he will just get 1% XP from creeps. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.