• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom EXP system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

Is there a way to make it so that high level heroes will gain less xp from weaker enemies than a low level hero would?

So for example:

Hero 1 = Level 10
Hero 2 = Level 1

They kill a creep that gives 50 EXP and is level 2 so the Hero 1 gets 10 EXP and Hero 2 gets 60 EXP.

I think to make this work I'd have to make a complete custom EXP system which means I need to work out how to make EXP share too.

Any help?

Level 12
Skip this post if your creeps on map doesn't belong to neutral hostile.

There is a Hero XP Gained - Creep reduction table field at gameplay constants.For example you have a creep which grants 10 exp when killed.If you fill your reduction table such that

100, 100, 100, 100, 80

at first 4 levels heroes will get %100 exp from creeps.At 5th level they will get %80.For levels after 5, last value will be used so if you want to customize that for lots of levels it will require some work since to customize level 80, you need at least 80 values there.

Level 23
there is a limit to how many values you can have inside those tables. Also your system will reduce xps gained from ALL creeps, not from only lowere leveled ones. You will have to disable xp gain in the constants and make your own xp system. Its not that hard, every time unit dies you check in certain range all units, and if they are hero you give them xps according to certain rules(if he is enemy or not, what level is he, what level the creep is etc)

Level 13
Yer I just put together a custom XP system that seems to work. The main thing about my map is that the creeps are all Heroes that spawn at higher levels later in the game, and to make it worse their are loads of different types of Heroes where some get a lot more attributes than others. Anyway it has been sorted so thanks guyyyzzz :D

Status
Not open for further replies.