• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was making a Spell using a Dummy Caster. I couldn't find out why it didn't work, and realized that the skill I based the dummy ability on (Orc - Bloodlust) was selfcasting on itself, as opposed to the unit I wanted. I tried changing the targets allowed to...

Air/Friend/Ground/Invuln./Neu/Organic/Vuln.

But after doing this, instead of the dummy casting it on itself, it won't cast at all. Any suggestions?:ogre_rage:

So you are using this and it doesn't work?:
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point1 facing Default building degrees
    • Unit - Add Bloodlust (Custom) to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 seconds generic expiration timer to (Last Created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 2
Yes, that is almost exactly what I have.

• SH Buff Placers
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 18.00
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing force as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of Hero_Reaper)
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of Hero_Reaper) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add SH_ShadowSpeed to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of SH_ShadowSpeed for (Last created unit) to (Level of SH for Hero_Reaper)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust Hero_Reaper
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)

Doubt its a trigger problem.

Level 2
What do you mean by post the triggers? What I already posted is it.

Basically, what its doing is increasing the Hero's Move-speed by 5/10/15/20% when the dummy casts it upon the unit. (Triggering at Night, or when Revived during the Night, and dispelled at Day, but that's a different, working trigger.)

Because the trigger works, I'm sure there's something wrong with the spell itself in the Object Editor.

Sorry, you posted the triggers after the initial reply.
Ok, so, is the dummy created? Is the "Hero_Reaper" variable defined in another trigger?
Is the dummy ability really based on the Shaman's Bloodlust or does it belong to the Neutral's Bloodlust? Does it have a mana cost? Does the range of the custom Bloodlust is high enough, so that, if the Hero_Reaper moves, he still receives the buff?

Level 2
Sorry, you posted the triggers after the initial reply.
Ok, so, is the dummy created? Is the "Hero_Reaper" variable defined in another trigger?
Is the dummy ability really based on the Shaman's Bloodlust or does it belong to the Neutral's Bloodlust? Does it have a mana cost? Does the range of the custom Bloodlust is high enough, so that, if the Hero_Reaper moves, he still receives the buff?

"Is the "Hero_Reaper" variable defined in another trigger" YES it has already been defined when being trained.

"Is the dummy ability really based on the Shaman's Bloodlust" YES, its not the Neutral one

"Does it have a mana cost" NO

"Does the range of the custom Bloodlust is high enough" Is 99999.00 High Enough?

:/

Level 2
Here...

In testing, type the message "-trig make reaper" to create the needed hero, "-trig level" to increase any selected hero's level to 10, and "force" to force the activation of the trigger.

Attachments

• MADD_VoLT_v1.00.w3x
    72.5 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.