• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Undead worker remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there a way to set it up so that the Undead have to build their structures instead of summoning them? What I'm working on is an overhaul of all the races in WC3 for just a little bit of variety among my group of friends and for the (remade) Undead I wanted their worker unit to behave like the Orc Peon in standard WC3 (gather gold/harvest lumber "normally", construct structures "normally", etc.). I got the first bit to work easily but I can't get the second to work (and I can't figure it out-- in testing whether it was a setting on the building or the unit I made a undead worker and a human worker able to build the same building and they built them in different ways).

Another problem I had along the same lines was with the Necropolis -- I can't figure out how to make it so a Necropolis has to be built a minimum distance from the Gold Mine (this is problematic because of the new way in which the Undead harvest gold).

Thanks in advance.

Level 5
Because the undead acolyte has the attack set up, the building list done, the abilities and the tool tips done, no need to copy and make a new unit, no need to change what the necropolis builds, no need to do anything except 1 thing. that's why, Its easier to change one value and that is
Unit - Race: Orc. done, no need to do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.