• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with this Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys im currently searching for awesome spells and I found them really hard to get them work once you copied them in a map, especially scripted once like jass, mui, gui etc. So I found this wonderful spell pack here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-5-a-159236/?prev=search=inferior&d=list&r=20 its from inferior and his not active or maybe his gone, The spell I got problem with is the robotic arms. The spell looks fine and it works well, but the robotic arms didn't appear on the hero when I learn the spell. The only thing that appear is the Far Seer missiles that supposed to be at the end of the robotic arms, I already imported the Robotic Arms Model and I check the script to see if the ID's are correct. So my problem is how to make that Robotic Arms appear, need help guys.

Edit: also the dummy unit is using a custom model dummy.mdx, I check the script and theres only 1 dummy used there. Also there's a roboticarms.mdx written there, I already imported the model but it doesn't appear. Pls check the spell guys and I hope someone will figure out what's wrong.

Last edited:
Level 24
like jass, mui, gui etc.
You really don't know what MUI is?

Anyway importing spells / systems is always done in the same way (except if te maker mentioned how it should be imported otherwise)

1. Make all global variables that are used in the test map.
2. Import all files that are imported in the test map.
3. Make all objects that are used in the test map.
4. Copy and paste all triggers from the test map.
5. Change all references to objects in the configuration trigger.
(If it has no configuration trigger then the spell has nothing to configure or the maker is really stupid.)

The problem is that the spell pack is in vJASS... and I still can't read it :\
So I am sorry to tell you that I can't help more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.