• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with the ButtonManager v1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted here for a while but I do lurk around occasionally.

Anyway my friend and I are (slowly) working on a map and we need some custom icons. I'm a decent enough line artist so I said I'd draw some up no problem.

However what I don't know how to do is get the appropriate borders around the icons so they fit in with the WC3 ones.

So I found the program ButtonManager 1.8 which seems to do exactly what I want; take an image of appropriate size and put WC3 borders around it.

However when I tried to this is informed that I had the wrong file type and couldn't apply borders. I made my icon in GIMP, sized it to the right number of pixels and saved it as .bmp so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Does anyone have any experience with this program and, if so, can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Level 5
Save it as a PNG file and try again. It works for me.
After you convert (If successful), reconvert it from blp to blp to make sure. It should function perfectly after that.

Level 1
Hmm, still no luck I'm afraid...

I'll post a step by step run down to see if anyone can find the missing step:
• Create image in GIMP (64X64)
• Save image as .bmp/.png in Pictures/General/Warcraft.
• Open ButtonManager 1.8.
• File/open--> Image.bmp/png
• Icon Wizard tab
• Select 'button'
• Create Icons
• Error message: 'Unsupported or Incorrect File Type'
• Then a second error window with no text just a red cross.

I'm guessing that I'm either missing out a step or doing something completely wrong, but I just can't see what.

Level 14
Why not to contact author of the tool?

It seems, that you are doing wrong things.
If you want to make icons from one image, follow these steps:
  1. File => Open => your image in any supported format (*.psd, *.png, *.bmp, *.blp, *.tga, *.jpg).
  2. Press "Button" button (or any other button to get required border).
  3. File => Save (and 2 icons - active and disabled - will be placed in the same folder as your image).
    However, you can use File => Save as... to specify path.
That's all! Yes, so simple.

But if you want to make icons from many images, do those:
  1. Switch on "Icon wizard" tab.
  2. Select "Source folder".
  3. Select "Destination folder".
  4. Choose border types in list (Ctrl+click for multiple choice).
  5. Press "Create icons".

Also, you don't need to force image size to 64x64, because tool will automatically resize it (with resampling) to 64x64 during opening.

I hope I explained this quite clear.

Level 1
Sorry I didn't contact you because I assumed you wouldn't want to bother with every person who was having problems.

Thanks very much, it's working perfectly now, so I shouldn't need to trouble you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.