1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

W3IR Help

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Airandius, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am new to creating Icons, and I have made myself a nice little icon using a tutorial. It has been saved in BMP format as 24bit.
    Now I want to use W3IR to create borders, I do everything the tutorial tells me to but when I tell him to create borders I get an error.

The error reads: "Stream read error."
    How do I solve this?

2. Mooglefrooglian

Mooglefrooglian

Resources:
    Resources:
    One thing I would suggest is to try recreating the icon, see if it happens again, and make sure you have the latest W3IR installed... other then that, sorry. Cant help much.

3. Jay-D

Jay-D

Resources:
    Resources:
    just save it as .tga then it will work.

4. BlackDoom

BlackDoom

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    W3IR shall be rewritten from scratch.
    The next version will remove most of the nasty sides the current version has.

It was good to get done what I needed done and I thought things were not that tough for the average Joe. Seems to me I've been deeply wrong, although I thought modder are those who get an effect and break their minds trying to recreate its causes. W3IR is way easier than that...

Anyway... As I said... it will be rewritten.
    Cheers