• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding borders to blizzard icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello all,

I'm really new to this. Please don't shout at me for asking such a stupid question. I wanted to add the autocast border to existing blizzard icons. So I downloaded warcraft viewer, W3IR, and irfan and I followed Poenix-flame's tutorial on icons, but every time I try to convert the BTNBlizzard.blp file into the bmp file, it just creates a 1 kb bmp file which I am then told is unvalid. I'm guessing this is because of some sort of protection from Blizzard? How could I add autocast borders to existing blizzard icons, such as Chain Lightning, Flame Strike, etc.?

Last edited:
Level 1
Oh, you can use wc3 viewer to extract stuff from the mpq as well? I used rmpq extractor as I couldn't get power mpq to work (yes I suck). Anyway the problem was really stupid, I extracted my icon as a listfile (I'm not exactly sure what that is, but it probably is something different from an image). When I extracted it correctly there was no problem converting it into .bmp and add borders. Thanks for the reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.