• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Icons fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I dl-ed W3IR for icons, there are tons of text in the tutorial. Could anyone tell me a more direct way to make an icon with BTN and DISBTN having it already in 64x64 bmp? Step by step. Ok I select image type, Out n' Input folders, then what should I put in 'Please Select the target image naming conversion', BTN suffix string and DISBTN ~, PASBTN~,DISPASBTN I need only BTN and DISBTN. Let's say my file is IconName.bmp . What should I type in each space, what should I click, and what's with RGB Scamble do I need it at all? Use the IconName.bmp to tell me where I should type what. Yes I'll add the ordinary borders that every icon should have. How?

Level 32
Indeed there ARE some complications with the use of W3IR in regards to the naming conventions. BlackDoom himself once coached me through the process: sorry I have since forgotten his instructions. I will post in his thread to make him aware of this one. W3IR - Tool for bordering and auto-image renaming and more

The alternate tool to use (if you possess Adobe Photoshop) is Icon Layer for Photoshop This piece of software is included with W3IR and dispenses with the naming conventions altogether: it just adds the borders as required by the icon maker.

Level 7
I don't have photoshop, besides, gimp works fine for resizing images. It has the same tools as photoshop, some are less but it is ok. I doubt that BlackDoom guy will soon reply for the faster icon making.

Status
Not open for further replies.