• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

need help making custom icons work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i have read everything...this is wat i did
1.imported the .blp icons
2. changed the path to the icons to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN(name) and then the disabled one to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN(name)
3. placed BTN (not disbtn) on peasent to test
4. saved, restarted WE, opened
icon shows nothing on peasent in WE and then in the game shows up Yellow...
last night i tried .tga and it doesnt even show on either with that (no yellow...)

wtf do i do?

just tried .tga again and this time shows up nothing in WE and does fatal error in game

Level 2
ahhhh...i also tried to open the BLP ver in warcraft 3 viewer2 and instead of the icon showing up all i see is a border...like the whole middle of my icon is cutout and all that is left is about || that thick of sides...that might explain why its yellow in middle...but how do i change?

never mind i got it...i just converted one of the icons that was already in a folder to a BMP and then modified then converted back to BLP and it worked...
thanks for nuthing... :lol:

Level 2
I'm having a problem as well, so I'll write it in here.

The icon import into the game fine, but in certain situations the buttons show up green.......

Like for example, picking the first skill, I'll see all my DISBbuttons, but as soon as I pick my level one skill, if I go back into the learn skill menu, all the buttons appear green (because I can't learn them until I level up). Another example being I see the green square for the ultimate until I hit level 6, then I see the DISBbutton.

Whenever I pause the game the icons become green squares as well.

I imported and changed the paths correctly, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.