• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to import a Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Where can i find downloadable icons?
http://saga.samods.org/wc3models/other.html (the replacement for wc3warehouse)
www.wc3sear.ch

NOTE - All icons in Warcraft 3 are 64 x 64 pixel 24-bit pictures in TGA or BLP format.

1st.
Click on the Import Manager (once inside the World Editor).

- The icon of the Import Manager.

2nd.
Then import the icon.

The browse through your files and find the icon which you want to import.

Basic Paths:

Standard buttons have a frame around them.
All BTN icons have a path which starts like this - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN

Disabled buttons have no frame and are much darker.
All DISBTN icons have a path which starts like this - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN

Passive buttons have no frame.
All PASBTN icons have a path which starts like this - ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTN

Disabled passive buttons are the same as DISBTN.
All DISPASBTN icons have a path which starts like this - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTN

NOTE - This is just the basic paths of icons, icons mostly have a name.

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNNAME of Icon.blp or .tga
ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNNAME of Icon.blp or .tga
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNNAME of Icon.blp or .tga
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNNAME of Icon.blp or .tga

Level 5
About the paths ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNNAME etc are not really necesary if you made the buttons yourself. Some icons from places like wc3sear.ch require those paths but i simply place my own icons in default. simply set the path to: BTNName

Level 1
I like that. Is there any site or something where they have replacable icons? Ive actually seen in some custom games on battle.net where they have in place of a unit (example rifleman for human race) an actual picture of themselves.....its kinda wieird bur awesome at that.

Level 1
hmm... fine...

This is OK, but what if i wanna import icons, that is in .jpg or .gif format? I want to make a wannabee world of warcraft map and i want the original icons for the spells. But when i save the pictures, i can see they are in .jpg format!

Level 1
brad.dude03 said:
then what you do is pop them open in adobe photoshop, or paintshoppro etc etc and hit save as and then save them in .tga format. also make sure you adjust the dimensions of the image so that it fits those of what the icon is supposed to be.

But what if i dont have photoshop or something like that? Do you know any free programs?

And how do i know what the path for the icon is?

P.S Thanks for replying :).

Level 1
Finally"

It's working!
Thanks to Ralle and the others who helped me.
I only have one more problem.
I have a weapon shop in my map, where i have changed the icons for some weapons you can buy. But when you buy the weapon, the icon is just a green box in the Heroes inventory until you click him.
Can some one help me fix that?
:?

Level 18
Hehehe, I beleive I know the problem. I think the when the shop shows the selected hero's items it tells them to use their DISBTN version, not the BTN one, so if you import a DISBTN icon with exactly the same path as your normal one except it has DIS in front of the BTN it should work.

Level 1
:)

Thanks but when i look at my custom items,
I can only see one place where i can inset an icon. :)

Cya

Level 1
Well...

When i imported my icon, i called it Textures/worn dagger.tga

Now, do i have to write

DISBTNworn dagger.tga?

or :?

DISworn dagger.tga?

Level 18
That's probably because you're not using Blizzards icon path naming conventions, use ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNworndagger.tga (No space between worn and dagger) for your icon, then import the same icon or the DISBTN version of that icon (if it has one) and use the path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNworndagger.tga
If that doesn't work then I have no idea what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.