• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Drawing Techniques for GIMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hi.
I have recently downloaded GIMP, and I have been experimenting around with it. However, I was never good at drawing, painting and visual arts stuff, so I was wondering if someone knew tricks for better results.
I see great icons but I'm wondering if the pencil draw is done on paper, then put on scanner and finally the effects are added?

Another question about GIMP: the Filters do not seem to work. Why is that?:sad:

Level 8
The filters may not work if you are doing them on the wrong layer, for example an empty layer or the layer you are working in is invisible(is the eye showing?) Some filters seem to do very little if certain elements are not present in a picture. For example, some filters only seem to work with thick lines.

To do robots, I use paths and get straight lines but for actual artistry I am not so sure.

I am still learning GIMP and play around with things to learn them. There are books you can get that teach you how to use it, but they are expensive. Good luck with your learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.