• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with Skin importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, first I want to say hello everywon! Second, is HELP! Ok, I found this awsome Arthas skin at skins section (after typing Arthas on search thing, it came up as second one) that was a must have thing, I dl it, eager to try it out, The person stated that the file path was Textures/Arthas.blp. So, I try entering it, I save, leave WE, come back, and it didnt work ><. This whole day ive been trying to get it to work (mainly cause today = nothing to do day) and I cant get it to work! If somewon can help me, you will make me a happy guy!

Man This inferno is awsome! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
Well i tried it out and its working fine for me, i know this is pretty much said in all the skinning tutorials but ill list exactly the actions i took:
  • Downloaded the Skin
  • Opened my map, then opened the "import manager".
  • Clicked "import file" and imported the skin (Arthas.blp)
  • Opened it inside the import manager and clicked "Use custom path"
  • Typed "Textures\Arthas.blp" exactly and clicked ok, then i saved the map and quit completely.
  • Re-opened it up, opened up the "Units Pallete" and placed hero (from the "campaign" section) "Arthas" and hero "Arthas Wielding Frostmourne"
Both units had the new skin, i dont know if this is exactly what you did, but if it is then im sorry i couldnt help and Good Luck

Level 2
Wow..very very strange, im gunna try again and see if it works. And thanks for help guys :)

EDIT:

Wow...im such a retard...lol i figured out problem..i put / instead of \ ....man Somewon just get a Ogre and slam my head please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
xD lol thats pretty funny!!!!! Im glad you got it working! and dont feel to bad, people make that kind of mistake all the time lol :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
Gah this sucks. Something about the skin happened to me that is sad :(. I uninstalled WC3 a long time ago, but i recently reinstalled it again to play it. The time has come for my fav skin to be put into a map, so i go into skins, and spend 30 min looking for the arthas skin (the one i was talken about previously) but i couldent find it. So then I remembered this post I made, so I checked the link, and it says: "This resource is ignored, so you are not allowed to see it". Does that mean that the skin was removed?

Level 32
Indeed: that texture file has been ignored and may not be downloaded.

However, it you want it for personal use (DO NOT upload it to the resource section or to other sites please) I have temporarily placed it into a pastebin.

Pastebin expired
~Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.